Elsie The Cow

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm another who remembers Elsie. ;)

Also, I smelled more than a lifetime's worth of Hi Karate, Canoe, and Jade East. I think I saw it advertised in the Vermont Country Trader; they carry all sorts of old perfumes, aftershave, and cosmetics. Anyone else remember Tangee lipstick?

Nemo14

After considerable searching, I found my photo of Minnie Moo (1991?)

Minnie_Moo.JPG

Uponastar

The Mom said:
I'm another who remembers Elsie. ;)

Also, I smelled more than a lifetime's worth of Hi Karate, Canoe, and Jade East. I think I saw it advertised in the Vermont Country Trader; they carry all sorts of old perfumes, aftershave, and cosmetics. Anyone else remember Tangee lipstick?

I get the Vermont Country Store catalog and I love it!
Who remembers Jello's Whip n' Chill?
Or Green Goddess Salad Dressing?

Disnut

Uponastar said:

I barely remember Green Goddess Salad Dressing. These things are sure bringing back the memories of when I was alot younger.:lol:

BTW My DH stills wears Canoe. Its the only colonge I like on him.

ctwhalerman

I work in the Dairy section of a supermarket, and, sure enough, Elsie is still around on every package of Borden's Cheese.

Sealtest Ice Cream (and other products, in particular milk) is still kicking around some stores too (my local bodegas had a vast supply of expired Sealtest products), and is usually of decent quality.

There are actually a lot of brands still in existence that are seemingly forgotten. Anyone remember Diet Rite Cola? It's still going too.

Debbie

ctwhalerman said:
I work in the Dairy section of a supermarket, and, sure enough, Elsie is still around on every package of Borden's Cheese.

Sealtest Ice Cream (and other products, in particular milk) is still kicking around some stores too (my local bodegas had a vast supply of expired Sealtest products), and is usually of decent quality.

There are actually a lot of brands still in existence that are seemingly forgotten. Anyone remember Diet Rite Cola? It's still going too.

I remember Sealtest and their Lite-n-Lively. Could it have been one of the first national brands that advertised for low calories/weight loss? I also remember TAB and find it once in a while. Also, something hard to find is Delaware Punch in a 6pack. It is also more expensive than the other 6pack beverages. I also like Chocolate Soldiers........:slurp: . Anyone remember "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature"? I remember the colognes mentioned and hated Jungle Gardenia! Talk about make a kid prone to motion sickness :hurl: . Tangee lipstick? Was it in a leopard print case? I do remember the Avon lady stopping by with her LARGE suitcase full of stuff and how we were run out of the room (children should be seen and not heard). I also wonder; do any of you see a Stuckeys anymore? My grandmother used to bring us a box of lollipops whenever she would go on vacation; along with the jelly packages from breakfast---------those were the days.......Oh and I still use 20 Mule Team for the really stinky, stained clothes :)

tigsmom

Nemo14 said:
After considerable searching, I found my photo of Minnie Moo (1991?)

Minnie_Moo.JPG

I was looking for mine too! :lol: I posted it awhile back in another thread, its a shame a lot of people don't know who Minnie Moo is (was). :(

tigsmom

Uponastar said:

Its making a comeback!

What about Jell-O 1 2 3? :lookaroun

tigsmom

Debbie said:
I remember Sealtest and their Lite-n-Lively. Could it have been one of the first national brands that advertised for low calories/weight loss? I also remember TAB and find it once in a while. Also, something hard to find is Delaware Punch in a 6pack. It is also more expensive than the other 6pack beverages. I also like Chocolate Soldiers........:slurp: . Anyone remember "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature"? I remember the colognes mentioned and hated Jungle Gardenia! Talk about make a kid prone to motion sickness :hurl: . Tangee lipstick? Was it in a leopard print case? I do remember the Avon lady stopping by with her LARGE suitcase full of stuff and how we were run out of the room (children should be seen and not heard). I also wonder; do any of you see a Stuckeys anymore? My grandmother used to bring us a box of lollipops whenever she would go on vacation; along with the jelly packages from breakfast---------those were the days.......Oh and I still use 20 Mule Team for the really stinky, stained clothes :)

Lite-n-Lively cottage cheese! My mom used to live on it! You can still buy TAB soda here (and their new TAB Energy Drink...Red Bull for women). We can buy DietRite in a ton of flavors (I grew up on DietRite).

I still see Stuckeys shops when we drive to Florida, but we've never stopped there (but we did as kids).

Nemo14

We used to do Stuckey's on our road trips too, but as I recall, they weren't very good. Now we're Cracker Barrel travelers!

Nemo14

We actually have a CB about 10 miles from here, but for some reason it's just not as good as they are when you're on the road. I think a lot has to do with Southern hospitality (or fatigue!)

luvorlando

Elsie and Beauregard are in the Food and Fiber Pavillion at the State Fair of Texas every year. Kind of like Lassie, she never dies. :animwink:

While on the subject of cows, there appears to be a great mystery involved with them. Check out http://www.cowabductions.com. :lookaroun

LeeSeeBabe

I am extremely sensitive to the subject of Elsie the Cow, due to the fact that I am 20yo, yet have been mistakenly called Elsie at numerous Doctor's offices and such my entire life...

My name is Elyse [ pronounced the letter "E", then Lease]. Let it be known for all of the Elyse, Elise, Alyse's of the world! We shall overcome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom