Elsie The Cow

tigsmom

Debbie said:
I must be right behind you Woody :). Here's a bit of trivia: what was her calf's name? One of the last television commercials I remember featuring Elsie; had her fussing her calf. And I can still see the picture on the milk carton.
Another thing: anyone remember Sealtest?

I grew up on Sealtest Ice Cream!

50sealtest.jpg

Nemo14

Sealtest was great - I think they were eventually bought out by Breyer's (or whichever corporate conglomerate that owns Breyer's). I think Hershey's may be in that same group too.

tigsmom

Disnut said:
Oh the good old days. They were good were't they? But now I feel old also. Does anyone remember Frito the Bandito?

http://64.41.109.149/school/bandito.html

Aye, yii, yii, yiiii,
I am dee Frito Bandito.
I love Frito's Corn Chips,
I love dem I do.
I take dem from you.
(Especially for you.) Alt. verse used in later ads

Aye, yii, yii, yiiii,
Oh, I am the Frito Bandito.
Give me Frito Corn chips
And I'll be your friend.
The Frito Bandito
You must not offend.

Aye, yii, yii, yiiii,
I like to eat Fritos
I like to I do.
If you have some Fritos,
I'll eat them for you!

tigsmom

Nemo14 said:
Thanks Mad - I wasn't sure about Hershey's. This thread is really a stroll down memory lane!
How about High Karate?

Oh how I hated Hi Karate! :hurl:

I've looked all over and didn't find it, so maybe they don't make it anymore. *crosses fingers*

dandaman

tigsmom said:
http://64.41.109.149/school/bandito.html

Aye, yii, yii, yiiii,
I am dee Frito Bandito.
I love dem I do.
I take dem from you.
(Especially for you.) Alt. verse used in later ads

Aye, yii, yii, yiiii,
Oh, I am the Frito Bandito.
Give me Frito Corn chips
And I'll be your friend.
The Frito Bandito
You must not offend.

Aye, yii, yii, yiiii,
I like to eat Fritos
I like to I do.
If you have some Fritos,
I'll eat them for you!

My mom used to sing that. I thought she was just crazy. :lol: I had no idea it ws a real campaign ad!

(Maybe I'm not so old and decrepit after all. :lookaroun)

Nemo14

tigsmom said:
Oh how I hated Hi Karate! :hurl:

I've looked all over and didn't find it, so maybe they don't make it anymore. *crosses fingers*
It was really awful - my oldest brother thought it was sooooo cool!

MKCP 1985

1. I certainly remember Elsie the cow. Am I so inattentive that she has been replaced and I didn't even notice? :hammer:

2. When I was in elementary school, I had a "Frito the Bandito" pencil eraser. The #2 lead pencil went right up his backside and his little rubber pistol waving arms and spur wearing legs would dangle from the end of the pencil. Hola political correctness. Adios Frito Bandito. :(

3. Is Sealtest no longer an operable business? I really am not keeping up! :lol:

MickeyTigg

Woody13 said:
When I was a child there was a very famous cow named Elsie. Does anyone remember her, or am I just older than dirt? :wave:

I remember her....but you are probably older than dirt.

:animwink:

MKCP 1985

Did anyone here ever get a chance to see "Minnie Moo" in what is now Toontown? What was it back then, "Mickey's Birthdayland?"

I saw her. If I had known (1) it was that rare to find a cow with a Mickey Mouse insignia birthmark, or (2) she'd die so soon, I'd have taken pictures.

As it was, "Look, a cow," didn't inspire a Kodak moment. :D

MickeyTigg

Disnut said:
Oh the good old days. They were good were't they? But now I feel old also. Does anyone remember Frito the Bandito?

Oh yeah....how about....

Oh , I wish I were an oscar myer weiner.
That is what I truly wish to be,
For If I were an oscar myer weiner..
Everyone would be in love with me!

- or -

MY bologna has a first name
It's O-S-C-A-R
My bologna has a sec-ond name
it's M-E-Y-E-R
I love to eat it every day and if you ask me why I'll saaaaay!
'Cuz Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!!

Nemo14

MKCP 1985 said:
Did anyone here ever get a chance to see "Minnie Moo" in what is now Toontown? What was it back then, "Mickey's Birthdayland?"

I saw her. If I had known (1) it was that rare to find a cow with a Mickey Mouse insignia birthmark, or (2) she'd die so soon, I'd have taken pictures.

As it was, "Look, a cow," didn't inspire a Kodak moment. :D
I remember her - think I have a pic at home somewhere - I'll try to find it tonight. I always thought it was pretty strange having real animals right there with the costumed ones!

AliciaLuvzDizne

TiggerRPh said:
Oh yeah....how about....

Oh , I wish I were an oscar myer weiner.
That is what I truly wish to be,
For If I were an oscar myer weiner..
Everyone would be in love with me!

- or -

MY bologna has a first name
It's O-S-C-A-R
My bologna has a sec-ond name
it's M-E-Y-E-R
I love to eat it every day and if you ask me why I'll saaaaay!
'Cuz Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A!!
:lookaroun
I tend to sing those when I get real nervous about something...
Mostly when I'm driving :lol:

My sisters first time ever driving into the city, I seranaded her.

There's a new contest with Oscar Mayer where you could get to be on a commercial singing their song :lol:

Disnut

MKCP 1985 said:
2. When I was in elementary school, I had a "Frito the Bandito" pencil eraser. The #2 lead pencil went right up his backside and his little rubber pistol waving arms and spur wearing legs would dangle from the end of the pencil. Hola political correctness. Adios Frito Bandito. :(

I had those also. That got me into troble at school. Not bad troble. "Susan it is time to put thse up now.":lol:

Becky

MKCP 1985 said:

:D

Ah Birthdayland:) The birthday cupcakes they sold:slurp:

I have pics of Minnie Moo amoung thousands in boxes. You used to able to pet her.

"Get the best, get the best get Sealtest" Or was it buy the best?

Now for those really really old, Sealtest sponsored a Circus show on T.V. I think it was just call Big Top or The Big Top. I don't remember because I am so old I invented dirt.:lookaroun

Woody13

Original Poster
Debbie said:
I must be right behind you Woody :). Here's a bit of trivia: what was her calf's name? One of the last television commercials I remember featuring Elsie; had her fussing her calf. And I can still see the picture on the milk carton.
Elsie had four calves. Her first calf was a female named Beulah. Elsie and Beulah toured the nation in the 1940's in the "Elsie Train" selling U.S. War Bonds (Elsie raised about $10 million).

After WWII, Elsie had a male calf and Borden held a big contest to name the new calf and "Beauregard" was chosen as the best name.

In 1957, Elsie had twins and they had another name the calves contest, and the winning names were "Larabee" and "Lobelia". However, those names were not used by the Borden advertising firm because in folk medicine, the Lobelia Flower is used as an antidote for poison. Borden didn't want their milk products to be associated in any way with poison, so they just called the new calves "the twins".

In 1971, the live Elsie opened up the Borden Ice Cream parlor at WDW! :wave:

Disnut

Woody13 said:
Elsie had four calves. Her first calf was a female named Beulah. Elsie and Beulah toured the nation in the 1940's in the "Elsie Train" selling U.S. War Bonds (Elsie raised about $10 million).

After WWII, Elsie had a male calf and Borden held a big contest to name the new calf and "Beauregard" was chosen as the best name.

In 1957, Elsie had twins and they had another name the calves contest, and the winning names were "Larabee" and "Lobelia". However, those names were not used by the Borden advertising firm because in folk medicine, the Lobelia Flower is used as an antidote for poison. Borden didn't want their milk products to be associated in any way with poison, so they just called the new calves "the twins".

In 1971, the live Elsie opened up the Borden Ice Cream parlor at WDW! :wave:

I didn't know this about Elsie and her calves. Thanks for telling us.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom