Elemental (Pixar - June 2023)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yup. It looks like a good movie even if it covers the same social topics as Zootopia. I'd go see it in the theater.
I hope it does well. Pixar can use it.

It does look good, might be better depending on what other tropes they mix in. The rural rube with a good heart trying to make it in the big city is a wee bit outdated.

Prince-1

The director has already said as much in interviews. Do us a favor and sit in your high chair and wait quietly for your next serving of Disney baby food while the adults are talking.

Please feel free to post this interview where the director says that this movie is some type of metaphor for a mixed Asian relationship. I mean with such a hot retort I assume that you must have something that really supports your hypothesis. Thanks!!

Last edited:

Prince-1

An interview with the director, Peter Sohn, provides some insight on the story behind Elemental.

I saw that one. Doesn't support Head's post. Hopefully he has something better than that or he is just another in a long line of long winded people who come to this corner of the site and thinks they know something when they really don't. Guess we will see what he has.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's

BuddyThomas

It does look good, might be better depending on what other tropes they mix in. The rural rube with a good heart trying to make it in the big city is a wee bit outdated.
Yeah, well, apparently that exact plot is about to work out very well for a multi-million dollar Broadway musical. I saw it last night and it is spectacular. Never underestimate a classic plot.

Phroobar

What worries me is Peter Sohn directed The Good Dinosaur. Hopefully he has more control over the story in this one. I agree the fire people look pretty incredible. The water people are not as creative but pulled off well. The land people feel inspired by Japanese wood spirits that Studio Ghibli would make. Overall the art is solid.

TalkingHead

I saw that one. Doesn't support Head's post. Hopefully he has something better than that or he is just another in a long line of long winded people who come to this corner of the site and thinks they know something when they really don't. Guess we will see what he has.
How about you work on your critical thinking skills and media literacy and get back to us when you can process a movie’s themes and subtext like somebody over the age of 12.

spacemt354

Chili's
So you do not have anything and will try to unsuccessfully insult someone just to make yourself feel better
I already posted it above, Peter Sohn details how the film is inspired by his family's Korean Immigrant experience in New York, which had direct inspiration on the cultural values and 'marrying' Korean which was the inspiration behind the 'marry fire' line in the trailer.

Trailer looks great so I'm interested to see this for sure. Feels like a combo of Zootopia and Inside Out.

TsWade2

I hope Elemental does better at the box office than Lightyear! This looks pretty good!:) It's too bad that WDWPro thinks it's going to flop and might be the end of Pixar! Pathetic!:rolleyes:

Phroobar

I hope Elemental does better at the box office than Lightyear! This looks pretty good!:) It's too bad that WDWPro thinks it's going to flop and might be the end of Pixar! Pathetic!:rolleyes:
I hope so too. It isn't hard to do better than Lightyear. Of course it is the Good Dinosaur director so that could be a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom