Elemental (Pixar - June 2023)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Pixar Animation Studio title Elemental has been announced as the last film of the 76th edition of the Cannes Film Festival, running from May 16 to 27.

The film will be presented Out of Competition on May 27, ahead of its release in theaters in the US on June 16 and in France on June 21.

Elemental is the fourth feature film from Pixar Animation Studios to be presented in the Official Selection, after Up, Inside Out and Soul."

Full article below.

DKampy

"Pixar Animation Studio title Elemental has been announced as the last film of the 76th edition of the Cannes Film Festival, running from May 16 to 27.

The film will be presented Out of Competition on May 27, ahead of its release in theaters in the US on June 16 and in France on June 21.

Elemental is the fourth feature film from Pixar Animation Studios to be presented in the Official Selection, after Up, Inside Out and Soul."

Full article below.

Positive sign that Disney is feeling confident

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
I hope it does well at the box office!
Honestly, me too, even if it doesn't open at number one, thanks to WB's Flash.., hoping it can perform like Inside Out, otherwise Elemental flopping like the last two animated forays for Disney will automatically crown Universal as the new animated champs at the box office

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

Full article below.

Mhmmm if this is actually good, then that's very exciting. I've been craving a good Disney movie for a while.

It needs to be good so people actually want to see it. A lot is riding on this film for both of Disney's animation studios.

The box office should come if it is.

Ghost93

I feel like Elemental should be moved to the Haunted Mansion's July 28 date and the Haunted Mansion should be moved to October.

I feel like opening Elemental on the same day as The Flash, and stuffing it in the overcrowded month of June (which also has Across the Spider-verse, Transformers and Indiana Jones 5) is setting it up for failure. In comparison, there really isn't as much competition in July/August.

Furthermore, the October date feels much more appropriate for the Haunted Mansion, as it would allow the movie to cash in on the Halloween season.

tcool123

I feel like Elemental should be moved to the Haunted Mansion's July 28 date and the Haunted Mansion should be moved to October.

I feel like opening Elemental on the same day as The Flash, and stuffing it in the overcrowded month of June (which also has Across the Spider-verse, Transformers and Indiana Jones 5) is setting it up for failure. In comparison, there really isn't as much competition in July/August.

Furthermore, the October date feels much more appropriate for the Haunted Mansion, as it would allow the movie to cash in on the Halloween season.
I think it’s set up so that Haunted Mansion hits Disney+ as the big Halloween premiere. Agreed though that Elemental’s position is going to cause this film to underperform big time - not a comment on its quality however reminds me of when Disney was willingly sabotaging their animated films with Princess and the Frog vs Avatar and Winnie the Pooh vs Harry Potter

Ghost93

I think it’s set up so that Haunted Mansion hits Disney+ as the big Halloween premiere. Agreed though that Elemental’s position is going to cause this film to underperform big time - not a comment on its quality however reminds me of when Disney was willingly sabotaging their animated films with Princess and the Frog vs Avatar and Winnie the Pooh vs Harry Potter
Even if Elemental is great, I don't think there will be much chance for word of mouth to spread as all of the online discourse in June will revolve around the pre-exisitng IPs — Spider-man, Transformers, the Flash and Indiana Joens.

By moving Elemental to July or August, Disney would give the film more of a chance to stand out on its own.

Phroobar

I don’t want to sound negative, but I found this: https://screenrant.com/disney-pixar-elemental-release-box-office-competition-mistake/ Now I’m worried for the box office results of Elemental. If Elemental flops, they might premiere future Pixar movies to DisneyPlus or it might be the end of Pixar! Man, I hate being negative!😢😭
Like I said above. Elemental is in the Disney killing fields. Were is the marketing for this? One billboard near Disneyland that had Strange World on it won't cut it.

erasure fan1

It’s funny how all of Pixar’s successes over the years are treated as essentially irrelevant just because Lightyear didn’t do well.
I don't really agree. No one thinks Pixar's successes are irrelevant. They are the benchmark that the new films are compared to. If all the successful films were irrelevant, no one would care that the new films were mediocre/average. People want Pixar to hit those home runs again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom