Elemental (Pixar - June 2023)

Magenta Panther

Huh, this looks interesting.

I loved "Inside Out", and I hope "Elementals", which looks similarly high-concept, will be as heartfelt and entertaining ("Inside Out" made me tear up three times. That beats even Toy Story 4!)

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Pixar is screwed again! Elemental’s theatrical release is gonna get cancelled and the film will be shifted to streaming, despite the pandemic no longer a concern and Bob Iger back!

A9D6CAF5-9AE1-4AC5-84F3-016E77326EA4.jpeg

TP2000

There's plenty of room for big Summer tentpole movies during... the Summer.

There is? But... Covid! And streaming! And June is the start of Cicada season!

Or whatever other excuse a studio exec can use when their movie tanks with free market audiences. ;)

TwilightZone

Elemental's director from Pixar just weighed in on how he'll avoid the box office fate of Strange World.

In summary; story, shared humanity, emotional connection, reaching out and touching someone, blah, blah, blah. 😬

That's....interesting to see someone within disney say Strange World wasn't "universal enough", for more than one reason.

TP2000

That's....interesting to see someone within disney say Strange World wasn't "universal enough", for more than one reason.

No kidding. What does that even mean? We've been told repeatedly by our betters in Hollywood that "representation matters" and that it's the core reason why things will succeed, and why Disney specifically will continue to do that.

In fact, the President of Disney General Entertainment Content, Karey Burke, quite famously explained exactly that to us earlier this year on a Zoom call that probably wasn't meant for public consumption.

Strange World had representation out the wazoo. Even the family dog was disabled! 🤣

So, knowing that, what does the implication that Strange World was not "universal" enough, and Elemental will be more universal, even mean? Predictably, the reporter at Variety did not ask Mr. Sohn a follow up question to that and simply took his puffy, vapid answer at total face value unquestionably. If this reporter had been working at my high school paper and let that kind of answer slide without follow up, he would have gotten a D from my journalism teacher.

Because... Hollywood! :rolleyes:

WorldExplorer

It's funny that the article just glosses right over directing Good Dinosaur, the first big Pixar bomb. I realize he took over directing part way through, but all signs point to an absolutely massive overhaul once they kicked out Bob Peterson.

So I'm not really sure he should have said anything/they should have told him to say anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom