EE Update Feature

mtb2005

Looking foward to the next update.:slurp: (PS might be slightly off-topic i am going the first four days of march, think it would still be open?)

mtb2005

Jose Eber said:
I thought that too while cropping it -- hey, this looks like something familiar.

IMAG0231Zoom.jpg

CEO: that's the best for now.
If thats what i think it is then HOLY CRAP!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
mtb2005 said:
If thats what i think it is then HOLY CRAP!

That's NOT the Yeti -- I swear (at least that section didn't move while I was there -- isn't the yeti supposed to be where the track ends the first time around?).

Its really worth seeing that interior area at dusk -- looks very well done inside, from what you can see of it. And because of the colder less humid air, you can hear the noise/recordings better.

Scott,

I'll let you know when I head out this week. Most likely every day (dork alert!).

J.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
There are a couple things going on there -- see the larger picture a page or so back to get a broader perspective.

1) you are looking at the tunnel exit (that 80' drop everyone talks about).
2) you are looking at flags that have had a 5 second exposure on them, so they look ghost like.
3) the lower part of the picture is a building, the upper part the mountain.

Large pic:

IMAG0231.jpg

Zoomed section:
IMAG0231Zoom.jpg

Skylor

Jose Eber said:
There are a couple things going on there -- see the larger picture a page or so back to get a broader perspective.

1) you are looking at the tunnel exit (that 80' drop everyone talks about).
2) you are looking at flags that have had a 5 second exposure on them, so they look ghost like.
3) the lower part of the picture is a building, the upper part the mountain.

Large pic:

IMAG0231.jpg

Zoomed section:
IMAG0231Zoom.jpg

I don't see a Yeti. I see white.
And we all know the Yeti will not be a pale color.

Lee

Adventurer
Jose Eber said:
That's NOT the Yeti -- I swear (at least that section didn't move while I was there -- isn't the yeti supposed to be where the track ends the first time around?).

Correct: That is not the Yeti in the photos.

False: He is not where the track ends.

The Yeti is in the bottom part of the mountain, near the back. There is no way to see him from outside.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Huh. I always thought he was what got you started on the backwards path...oops, someone hasn't been reading the boards enough!

AK1990, you can give me a smack !

lol

J.

edit: there will be another update today

CaptainMichael

Jose Eber said:
Huh. I always thought he was what got you started on the backwards path...oops, someone hasn't been reading the boards enough!

AK1990, you can give me a smack !

lol

J.

edit: there will be another update today
Well, in theory, he is what gets you going backwards. Throughout the ride, there is evidence of the Yeti's presense. At the point where you go backwards, there is track that the Yeti has ripped up in anger of trespassers in his mountain. This goes along with Animal Kingdom's ongoing conservation theme. The Yeti is the protector of the Forbidden Mountain.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Update Tuesday Nov 22

November 22

Who hoo! More than I expected. Some details (mostly coming from Samantha, one of the 16 trainers on this attraction who has ridden it a plenty).

1) The ride is 3:00 long and they are working out on stretching it
2) Load Unload -- a staggering 50 seconds (that be tight y'all). But with the great train break system they have in the station, it can be done! I have faith!
3) The chain system is like Millennium Force (MKT -- was this right?). In other words, you don't have no clickety clackety on the way up (its quite quiet from down on the ground). The e stop roll back grooves come up if the chain stops.
4) Confirmation on running 5 train maximum, 4 train typical.
5) 12+ people on the attraction (7 hitting 'the buttton's).
6) No sit down dining, but there will be carts
7) The yeti does make an appearance (in shadow form through projection and noises) but yes, only 1 yeti (which isn't quite fully working at 100%).
8) A lot of the que is finished but the interior of the Mountain is not. 2 weeks ago they got started on finishing it up.

Let's see, what else -- more little details coming up all the time in construction, working on putting up pics.

J. (p.s. MKT was with me so hopefully he'll post extra stuff that I missed, and that he thinks is important -- he's got a better camera too -- so feel free MKT)

dandaman

50 seconds?! Millennium Force takes about 3 minutes, at least!

Thanks for the update again, Jose. You said the chain is like MF... is it an elevator lift system?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I might have that wrong -- it being 'millenium Force' MKT will be online shortly to correct me.

But true, 50 seconds is insane. They have a great little system there though in place. So who knows?!

Essentially, the point is: no clickety clackety -- its still a chain, just its not going to sound like BTMR.

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Stencil lady was really at it --

I over exposed the picture to let you folks see what's on the inside -- lots and lots of work.

Essentially, this imagineer glued on posters on the rock and put up stickers on the doorway. LOTS of stickers. You'll see them as time goes on.

Again, MAJOR thanks to Samantha, who along with 15 other trainers will work with over 60 new cast members for this attraction!

CAN NOT WAIT!

(p.s. Shout Out to Ruth from India, and I've got to write the name down of the other young woman from Thailand).
(p.p.s. Bribe your way on with Rupees! J.K!)
(p.p.p.s. Joe R. is back in Nepal apparently, Scott -- we were so trying to gun for a favor)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom