EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Update November 23 Wednesday w. Scott (wdwscottieboy)

More great tidbits, mostly from Joan.

Loading time is actually (according to her) about 62 seconds. With a cycle time of about 4 minutes. She's been on it every day.

She's looking for a projected capacity of the upper 1800's.

They have 5 trains, but its hard to do that well. 4 trains is more realistic. They are actually hoping for a 6th.

The cue line isn't long enough according to her, but half of it will be air conditioned (hooray!).

The backwards section of the track reaches 40 mph! And lasts 20 seconds with a full helix according to her (complete dark) (my pictures don't show that, whatever).

The water falls have been run and tested, they just aren't on all the time.

There is supposed to be a snow effect on top of the mountain to give the blowing effect (off of a mountain).

There will be snow in the caverns.

The lift hill is variable speed.

As mentioned before in my previous post, the Yeti is at the end of the ride (Yeti EE that is).

The yeti is like bigfoot and about 20 feet tall. The animal is scary and not cartoonish and quite powerful. He's much more advanced than stitch (Scott asked this question).

Pics to come later (nothing new really).

Jose and Scott (sorry MKT, we were out while you emailed).

dxwwf3

Jose Eber said:
The yeti is like bigfoot and about 20 feet tall. The animal is scary and not cartoonish and quite powerful. He's much more advanced than stitch (Scott asked this question).

Dang. Even people that detest SGE at least have to give credit to the Stitch AA. Can't wait to see this AA in person.

Tim G

stitchcastle said:
woah! There are 2 storylines!?!? I LOVE this ride!
Well.. sorta... if you're unlucky, you get storyline # 2...

That story line wil bring people to the Yeti... but alas, they'll never return... :eek:

Mt. Everest will keep claiming lives, to keep up it's death toll, like in the "real world".

animal_king1990

Corrus said:

That story line wil bring people to the Yeti... but alas, they'll never return... :eek:

Mt. Everest will keep claiming lives, to keep up it's death toll, like in the "real world".

Why do you think no one will like EE?

stitchcastle

Corrus said:

oooh cool! Now that's a thrill ride!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Construction pics by the walkway to Everest and two new shirt designs featuring Everest?

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG00071.jpg

IMAG00081.jpg

dxwwf3

Where did you find those shirts at?

As long as they are currently for sale to guests, something tells me that I'll own one of those two shirts in less than a month :)

Jose Eber

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
Where did you find those shirts at?

Do you know when you are just crossing over the first bridge and are descending into AK proper and say are attempting to head into Dinoland USA, and there is a store to the right (which you can use as a short cut).

Its in that store.

"Disney Outfitters"

BwanaBob

That design has been out for QUITE a while!!

I picked up a couple shirts back in September.

Even took some with me to show off when I went to DL and DCA back in the first part of October.....

By the way..... WHY ON EARTH did they put those stupid 'spit' shields on the Maliboomer at DCA????

animal_king1990

BwanaBob said:
MMatDL.JPG

By the way..... WHY ON EARTH did they put these stupid 'spit' shields on the Maliboomer at DCA????

It's to reduce sound coming from the ride. Since DCA is located right beside a urban city, people do complain about sound. That's why California Screamin has those tunnels on the drops, becuase that's where people scream the loudest.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Sound may become distorted in pitch from the point you are on the ground, but a scream is still a scream.

I've heard the shields do double duty as barf deflectors and scream shields. The reality is, at 10 at night or midnight (they expected the park to be that popular) the hotels guests across Katella do get annoyed at people screaming (the pacific hotel is right across the street and there is one other south of the CS attraction).

California screaming does have scream shields on the drops and exciting parts. There is a restaurant kitty corner as well. DCA is being a good neighbor.

disneyland_california_018.jpg

dxwwf3

Jose Eber said:
Do you know when you are just crossing over the first bridge and are descending into AK proper and say are attempting to head into Dinoland USA, and there is a store to the right (which you can use as a short cut).

Its in that store.

"Disney Outfitters"

Gotcha. I'll definately pop in there. Thanks alot.

BTW thanks for the pic BwanaBob. I like that shirt as well.

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, my Everest shirts were a big hit at DL this summer. I got stopped about every 50ft with questions.:lol:

imagineersrock

Jose Eber said:
Construction pics by the walkway to Everest and two new shirt designs featuring Everest?

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG00071.jpg

IMAG00081.jpg
First off, just want to say thanks for all these updates you've made recently... they're very informative.

Anyway, I too have taken photos like your first one in this batch and have been trying to figure out what it is going to be. Another food stand? Gift shop/stall? Anyone have any idea?

Also, I agree... I like these shirts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom