EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I'm sure they'll try to do both. Let folks absorb the ambience a little.

They can slow down the exit from the entry station, slow down lift A, slow down lift B or more likely -- when the track is changed (and the car is in what I guess are break zones) they can slow down stuff there.

Looking forward to the attraction.

Some rough guess on capacity.

Roughly a 3 min ride
50 sec load/off load
Roughly a 4 minute cycle @ 5 car max X 34 per train X 15 cycles per hour = over 2500 pph.

More common 4 train operation: still, a large 2000 guest per hour capacity.

Even stretching the ride to something unlikely, a 5 minute cycle with 4 cars, you still get a nice 1600 per person stat.

I think these stats are impressive -- but I could be off, maybe 2500 pph is no big deal.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
my notes..

-Only 1 AA
-Traces of Yeti throughout ride (shadows, audio cues, etc).
--Similar to Dinosaur Carno chase in concept, but not execution
-2 Hills, A&B
-16 trainers, 65 CM's in opening team. Most trainers in all of AK
-Queue is almost complete
-Show far from complete. The ride is operational, but the show isn't there
-34 people per train
-3 minute ride
-50 seconds to load/unload
-5 trains max, 4 trains average
-Yeti is complete and (intermittently) operational. It is EXTREMELY real. Somewhat scary
-Will shame Revenge of the Mummy
-Operating it will require 12ish people. 7 button pushers, 2 groupers, 2-3 others (greeters, etc)
-New Hires in 6 months
-Should be able to ride by Valentines Day

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Thanks. I try.

Pics by MKT:

dsc08107_std.jpg
dsc08109_std.jpg
dsc08114_std.jpg
dsc08112_std.jpg
dsc08110_std.jpg

Skylor

50 seconds is plenty of time.
I work at BTMRR and ours is 50 seconds also. (When running 5 trains)

In 40 seconds we are able to Unload, Load, and Check lapbars.
The other 10 idle seconds are spend reading txts behind platforms, or loading wheelchair parties. And if we do not make the 50 seconds, we have a safety brake (BZ4) right before the station, where we can hold trains.

Now, from what I hear, is E:E has 2 stations. A load and a unload. Which means the load station does not have to worry about guests who do not know how to exit the train. Which lets them do more in their 50 seconds. And I'm sure they will have a holding break right before the unload station just incase. And I'm positive they really do not have to worry about cascading all the way to their B-lift.

(ignore spelling errors, just got off a 12 hour shift)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Jose Eber said:
Let me see if I can remember this.

Remember Soarin? When it opened, what in May? I had actually ridden (test ridden it) in March.

What happened is they did public testing first (before any cast member previews) then closed that off. I can't remember for how long they did public testing -- it might have just been a few days (they were mentioned on these boards).

Then for a while there was no testing nothing. They did cast member previews annual passholder previews right after each other following a large gap and then they had the ride open for a while if I remember correctly and 'officially' opened it a little later. So public testing can be very brief and well in advance of the passholder previews.

Soarin was unique because it was not "finished" when it began public previews. It had to be entered through the gate by Imagination and then into the Soarin' lobby and the Greenhouse Tour stepoff - at that time it was still walled off from the rest of the Land pavilion which was getting its own makeover.

Later the buildings were connected properly and cm, ap, dvc previews occured. The food court was still not finished - it did not open until after a CM rent-out of the pavilion by the Reservation centers, who acted as guinea pigs for the new scatter service and food selection.

Still was not finished - the exterior was further reworked, and the water feature finally installed, and eventually the music was changed in the interior.

Opening not finished things seems to be an Epcot thing - they did it with Energy (it closed, reopend with the original show, closed again to finish Ellen, and then got tweaked some) and SPACE (Post show was tested frequently w/guests and each bay had its own opening date), and Seas is still in the long process until the ride reopens (ever since they installed the first Nemo section).

Anywho, just hoping that sheds some light on how timetables for these things can play out.

stitchcastle

Many of you know that in the storyline the 'original operation' of the train became a financial failure. 'Bob' an Australian bought the train and decided to re-open it and yes, there are two different storylines for Fastpass and regular visitors

Half of all artifacts you see in the attraction and throughout are in fact real.

As of yet the cast members have not been told what the ride capacity of the attraction is. Some say it will be higher than expected as they want folks to re-see this attraction over and over

woah! There are 2 storylines!?!? I LOVE this ride!

Disney is really putting their all on this attraction, i'm already in love with it and I have yet to ride it, heck, it's not even done yet! I sure hope this becomes really succesful (that way BK can follow and AK would end up being one of the 3/4 best disney theme parks ever!)

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Skylor said:
50 seconds is plenty of time.
Now, from what I hear, is E:E has 2 stations. A load and a unload. Which means the load station does not have to worry about guests who do not know how to exit the train. Which lets them do more in their 50 seconds.

Yah, there are separate unload and load stations. So you are saying when the train comes in to unload -- (and the timer starts) They can unload all the people, the train moves ahead, stops and loads everyone in and the lapbars get adjusted all in 50 seconds)?

Cool. That sounds reasonable. Thanks for the first hand info on loading/unloading.

Another update today FYI. (If there is something to report).

animal_king1990

stitchcastle said:
woah! There are 2 storylines!?!? I LOVE this ride!

Disney is really putting their all on this attraction, i'm already in love with it and I have yet to ride it, heck, it's not even done yet! I sure hope this becomes really succesful (that way BK can follow and AK would end up being one of the 3/4 best disney theme parks ever!)

I sure hope AK will continue building E-Tickets. It's amazing how Disney attracts so many guests yet parks like Six Flags have like 15 E ticket rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom