EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
CaesarBoxFan said:
Thanks Jose.

Quick question about soft openings. Do they run until the grand opening?

Let me see if I can remember this.

Remember Soarin? When it opened, what in May? I had actually ridden (test ridden it) in March.

What happened is they did public testing first (before any cast member previews) then closed that off. I can't remember for how long they did public testing -- it might have just been a few days (they were mentioned on these boards).

Then for a while there was no testing nothing. They did cast member previews annual passholder previews right after each other following a large gap and then they had the ride open for a while if I remember correctly and 'officially' opened it a little later. So public testing can be very brief and well in advance of the passholder previews.

So -- when a cast member (not the most reliable of sources) says cast previews are in January -- I don't entirely know how to judge all that.

Is that just more confusing?

I guess I'm just looking out for the public testing. I'm sure info will be posted day of for that here on these boards. I'm doing my part.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Valawen9 said:
Backwards drop...how big?:eek:

I'd hardly call it a drop -- just a descent. If you take a look at the great photos posted (and if you have an eye for it) you can see its not really a drop just a smooth decent. It probably won't be too volatile as your backwards section has to come to a complete stop, have track switch in front of you, and you descend into the broad drop that pops out of the mountain.

But I'm sure it will freak enough people out.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
animal_king1990 said:
Which one is the backwards drop?

Oh I'm going to smack you.

______

Do you know how in school they say 'there is no such thing as a stupid question'?

Doesn't apply to you.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:
:lol: You aren't the only one. :zipit:

And next time you go, give me a call. And likewise, I'll call you next time I'm out! :wave:

I rarely go out anymore to WDW (its your first year here, you'll understand when you're older son) but now with Everest being so close to public testing, EXPECT me to be going out nearly every weekday. I'm not a fan of the other parks at this point (that was a subtle: I'll only consider AK at this point).

I'm on high alert.

Now to buy that HDV cam...

WDWScottieBoy

Jose Eber said:
I rarely go out anymore to WDW (its your first year here, you'll understand when you're older son) but now with Everest being so close to public testing, EXPECT me to be going out nearly every weekday. I'm not a fan of the other parks at this point (that was a subtle: I'll only consider AK at this point).

I'm on high alert.

Now to buy that HDV cam...

Yes, you NEED to get that HDV camera!

And let me know when you go to AK again! :wave:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Today's Visit was Brief

Today's visit was brief and no big news items to report except:

1) tunnels are nicely lit. At dusk, or night time you can see what is inside them.

2) You can actually see the coaster go backwards (fast!) at night, while looking through the main drop exit out of the mountain (see photos). Very slick. The speed sort of surprised me. Watch out!

3) Lighting is great.

4) Audio is, well, audible. You can actually hear the sound of wind from the mountain along the path (and no, its not the actual wind, as it was windy this evening in 34747 land).

The waterfall wasn't on when I was there and the fast pass electronic signs are not installed (their frames have been up for a while).

At park closing they were testing one train.

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

dxwwf3

Jose Eber said:
2) You can actually see the coaster go backwards (fast!) at night, while looking through the main drop exit out of the mountain (see photos). Very slick. The speed sort of surprised me. Watch out!

Nice. Hopefully it will be more exciting than that "wonderful" backwards portion of Revenge of the Mummy at USF :rolleyes:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Hm, does anyone else think it looks alot like the Materhorn in that picture?

I thought that too while cropping it -- hey, this looks like something familiar.

IMAG0231Zoom.jpg

CEO: that's the best for now.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
mtb2005 said:
Thanks for the update, you are doing a good job at this. And I'm still hoping there will be soft openings in early march. Thanks again.:)

You are welcome. Public testing should be underway by February I imagine. But the attraction might close down and by late march early April it might open for the public? Such a crapshoot these things are!

CEO: I'll get a picture of it over the next few days, or maybe someone on these boards during the evening can get a great shot with a high (over 4 w/o optical zoom) def shot of the area (the park is open late this week -- good night shots).

Hey, maybe even get a little movie!

With a lot of my shots the car is there, just blurry, or ghosted like the edges of the flags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom