EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Do you think folks on these boards aren't documenting what they know? Search this site. Do research here. Its a friggen forum - - there is so much info about this attraction.

Anything there is to know on this attraction is all right on WDWmagic I believe. Steve is very good with press releases etc.

Don't be mentally lazy. If someone knows info -- they readily share it. They don't need asking.

WDWScottieBoy

Thanks for calling me to meet you there and check it out! :hammer: ;)

Looks like you got some interesting information. I'll probably make a trip there sometime this week to see it again. :wave:

animal_king1990

Jose Eber said:
Do you think folks on these boards aren't documenting what they know? Search this site. Do research here. Its a friggen forum - - there is so much info about this attraction.

Anything there is to know on this attraction is all right on WDWmagic I believe. Steve is very good with press releases etc.

Don't be mentally lazy. If someone knows info -- they readily share it. They don't need asking.

Checked the boards. No info on other drops.

Grantsdale

Jose Eber said:
Ooops -- Forgot to mention that Earth Day was the target grand opening date -- again this was according to cast members at the attraction. Take it for what its worth.

Yup, thats been the target opening date for quite a while.

It will be open before that, but April 22nd will be the "dedication" date, because not only is it Earth Day but it is AK's 8th anniversary.

Grantsdale

animal_king1990 said:
Checked the boards. No info on other drops.

Please, just stop. Seriously. You post too much about EE. And then when someone tells you something about it, you don't believe them.

There is an exact layout of the ride on one of the threads you had posted in ten million times.

Here it is.
-Depart Station
-Climb short lift
-Spiral around tower toward main lift
-Climb main lift
-Move around to the backside of the mountain, encounter and approach destroyed track
-Switch backward
-Go backward through helix and up into second switch track
-Begin moving forward again
-80' Drop
-Turn around and climb back into the mountain
- S curve into double helix starting with the out most
- MCB then into mountain through a few hill and curves
- Yeti encounter
- hills and curves continue
- Final break.
- Station
From here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=64193&page=8

dxwwf3

Jose Eber said:
yes, there are two different storylines for Fastpass and regular visitors

This was the thing that jumped out at me. I find this EXTREMELY odd and hopefully someone will be able to elaborate on this when the time is right.

CTXRover

dxwwf3 said:
This was the thing that jumped out at me. I find this EXTREMELY odd and hopefully someone will be able to elaborate on this when the time is right.

I'm not sure if you saw this before or not, but the standby and Fastpass delivering different storylines was first mentioned in an interview with Joe Rhode by DisneyInsider at this link: http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v051115.html

Here is a quote from that article of interest that I think explains what is meant by that idea:

QUOTE:
"The standby queue for this ride is a spectacular environment. It takes you around a pagoda temple that was actually designed and produced for us by Nepalese wood carvers. It's completely covered with various images of the yeti, and I believe it's the only structure of its kind in North America," Joe explains. "It's very impressive, and there's scene after scene that takes you through the experience as if you were booking a trip, then traveling through this little town on your way to the train in the Himalayas.

"The Fast Pass people are treated a little differently, even within the story, in that they're assumed to have already done most of that, so they're on a ‘fast track.' They get their permits stamped in the permit office, and then they kind of blow through a little mountaineering equipment place, and then they're on the train. So depending on which line you choose, you're enveloped in the story in different ways."

ENDQUOTE

More or less, the FP line assumes you've done it before and expedites your trip through "customs", so to speak. Not much different than other FP lines that have different things than the main queue, but it sounds that this one is distinctly themed to recognize the fact that FP is "skipping" the normal line.

dxwwf3

Thanks for that. I had missed that story.

This sounds like a fantastic way to use FP. Keep a storyline based queue for the standby guests and find a clever way to make FP work too.

So it's not really two storylines as much as it's two different ways of telling the story. Sounds good to me.

Lynx04

Valawen9 said:
Backwards drop...how big?:eek:

Not that that step, but it will be fun.

Attachments

• ee1.jpg
    ee1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 121
  • ee_7122004_bs%20(9).jpg
    ee_7122004_bs%20(9).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 148

Lynx04

animal_king1990 said:
Which one is the backwards drop?

When you look at the pic on the right, the track on the top with the tarp is where the train stops and starts going backwards straight and into the helix. The track with the tarp right below that where it stops to go forward again.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:
Thanks for calling me to meet you there and check it out! :hammer: ;)

THAT's the pot calling the kettle black! I can count on 1 finger the times you've called me out to where you are going.

Guess which finger it is!

:fork:
:kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom