EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Thursday Nov. 24.

I'm not sure if I'll head over tonight (open till 7!) But, in case I don't, here's a tidbit I don't think I've mentioned.

Most of the visible nails used are imported from Nepal -- talk about being hard core!

Happy T!

dandaman

Jose Eber said:

mr-t.png

:lookaroun

I've reached my random post quota for the day :lol: My 999th, no less!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Well, tonight nothing was up. They weren't doing any late night testing (or any testing it seemed like today -- holiday I guess, don't know their priorities more like it lol.

Late night testing is when they run the trains till 10-11pm. Apparently they were supposed to do that last night. And have done that before. Cool!

The park at night is nice. Although lately I haven't seen the hugely intense backlighting of the mountain, the Kali is still a lot of fun to ride -- parts aren't very well lit, but others are very dramatic and amazing. Its hard to see a lot of Everest without that great backlighting, but you can see the backside of the mountain fairly well. No pics of that, hard to photograph late at night in a moving tube!

Otherwise not much to report -- maybe something tomorrow. Some of the trainers come and talk to folks sometimes - that's where I get a lot of the information. Hope someone new I can talk to for a different perspective (Samantha, Jean are who I've talked to).

O.k. I'm starting to scare myself with how obsessive I am about this ride. Its a long way to public testing -- but maybe if I get to know the cast pretty well .... ;)

Pics this evening:

IMAG0019.jpg
IMAG0021.jpg
IMAG0026.jpg
IMAG0032.jpg

animal_king1990

Jose Eber said:
Well, tonight nothing was up. They weren't doing any late night testing (or any testing it seemed like today -- holiday I guess, don't know their priorities more like it lol.

Late night testing is when they run the trains till 10-11pm. Apparently they were supposed to do that last night. And have done that before. Cool!

The park at night is nice. Although lately I haven't seen the hugely intense backlighting of the mountain, the Kali is still a lot of fun to ride -- parts aren't very well lit, but others are very dramatic and amazing. Its hard to see a lot of Everest without that great backlighting, but you can see the backside of the mountain fairly well. No pics of that, hard to photograph late at night in a moving tube!

Otherwise not much to report -- maybe something tomorrow. Some of the trainers come and talk to folks sometimes - that's where I get a lot of the information. Hope someone new I can talk to for a different perspective (Samantha, Jean are who I've talked to).

O.k. I'm starting to scare myself with how obsessive I am about this ride. Its a long way to public testing -- but maybe if I get to know the cast pretty well .... ;)

Pics coming up in a few minutes.

Was the park open late or were you allowed special access to stay past closing time?

CTXRover

animal_king1990 said:
Was the park open late or were you allowed special access to stay past closing time?

Because of the Thanksgiving day holiday, AK was open till 7:00pm tonight. With the sun setting earlier this time of year, the park is open past sundown. On a somewhat related note, and for anyone interested, the Christmas week has AK closing at 8pm everynight and 11pm for EMH on Dec 26th. Perfect time to check out AK in all its glory at night. Its a very beautiful park at night.

animal_king1990

Nice pictures! I bet EE will be a thrill to ride in the dark(if they do plan on opening the park late on a daily basis). Has anyone rode Splash Mountain in the dark before? It's undescribable.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
animal_king1990 said:

CTX is right the park is open later this week -- no special access granted.

And yes, according to the Disney Web site: Christmas week: up till 8 for DAK. AND there's extra Magic hours!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Jose Eber said:
Sound may become distorted in pitch from the point you are on the ground, but a scream is still a scream.

I've heard the shields do double duty as barf deflectors and scream shields. The reality is, at 10 at night or midnight (they expected the park to be that popular) the hotels guests across Katella do get annoyed at people screaming (the pacific hotel is right across the street and there is one other south of the CS attraction).

California screaming does have scream shields on the drops and exciting parts. There is a restaurant kitty corner as well. DCA is being a good neighbor.

disneyland_california_018.jpg
My family was staying at Paradise Pier in January. Our room looked out over DCA and I can tell you that the shields don't muffle the screams nearly enough to qualify as "being a good neighbour"... The park closed early enough that we managed to get a decent night's sleep :snore:, but wow was it loud! :rolleyes:

animal_king1990

Jose Eber said:
CTX is right the park is open later this week -- no special access granted.

And yes, according to the Disney Web site: Christmas week: up till 8 for DAK. AND there's extra Magic hours!

I wish they would just open the park later all year. Who cares if the animal attractions close early. We would still have DINOSAUR, EE, Kali River Rapids and Lion King. Maybe Kilimanjaro Safaris also?(it would take you through the savannah in the dark) It would be pretty cool at night.:cool:

dxwwf3

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You've never experienced the Animal Kingdom until you've spent a few hours there at night. It blew me away.

stitchcastle

BwanaBob said:
That design has been out for QUITE a while!!

I picked up a couple shirts back in September.

Even took some with me to show off when I went to DL and DCA back in the first part of October.....
MMatDL.JPG

Look at the shirt!...and stop staring at me!!

sorry, can't help it, you're so stare-worthy

CaptainMichael

MontyMon said:
My family was staying at Paradise Pier in January. Our room looked out over DCA and I can tell you that the shields don't muffle the screams nearly enough to qualify as "being a good neighbour"... The park closed early enough that we managed to get a decent night's sleep :snore:, but wow was it loud! :rolleyes:
What were you doing in the hotel while the park was still open???? Such behaviour is blasphemous!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom