EE Update Feature

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
From what I know, next tuesday and wednesday will be AK cast preview (family and a friend can come too if you want). No testing scheduled, and the AK cast preview is very tentative.

How do they filter the AK cast from the non-AK cast? By PA #?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
That I don't know. I'm not familiar with Disney Badge info (never worked for the company).

As per back of show building -- no, its still quite bare (and obvious when you drive in to the park).

Who knows -- its probably not the biggest priority right now as things 'seem' to be cut real close now.

J.

ICP06

I very much doubt they'll do anything with the show building-not for a while anyway.

After all, note the Soarin' show building in Epcot... Very visible when you're looking towards Canada...

ICP06

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
probably by PA number, but with the number of CM's that either A- work in global departments (security, entertainment, etc) and B- never bother to change their ID's after moving to a new location, they probably won't be very picky about who they let in

RSoxNo1

I only mention the Everest show building b/c the "Mountain" aspect of it makes the show building more of an eyesore. We know that RnR and Soarin' aren't in a mountain, it's not as big a deal if those buildings are visible. That being said, I'm guessing that the tree line around EE will be tall enough to hide the building within a few years.

Buried20KLeague

Is it generally thought that by March it'll be in continuous soft opening running up to the April "official date"? My family will be hitting the Cardinals/Braves Spring training games March 12th and 13... If EE isn't open for some reason and I miss it by 3 weeks I'm NOT going to be happy!!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I just had dinner with a Disney manager. Expect a soft opening last week of January to commence after/during AP previews/DVC previews

Per the 'tree line'. There hardly is one. Its been whittled down by the hurricanes and is only 1 tree deep. If you come in on the resort bus, you miss that side of the parking lot. But if you come and park, you'll see the backend. It is brown and contrasts with the white snow caps.

J.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
mtb2005 said:
Is there anything new with EE? I thought there was supposed to be something BIG monday.

Yah, its called WDWScottieboy's BIG empty promises! :cry:

He's trying to get on the ride, but its testing now -- maybe THUR he'll get on?

J.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
update... people at the AC tonight were saying that they and others got on today (well... yesterday now)

Shaman

mtb2005 said:
Is there anything new with EE? I thought there was supposed to be something BIG monday.

For those who haven't seen it yet....

Steve "stickyed" three threads relating to EE. One of the threads has a link to reviews from people who have already been on EE. Check those out.

:)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Is there any word on the waterfalls?

Last I heard is that there was some problem with water direction and some modifications would have to be made. Updates anyone?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Through the miracle of technology I'm doing a live update through a 'correspondent' at the parks. MKT, take it away!!

"They added an alternate show in the yeti scene. It has strobes and fog and smoke.

The alternate show is in case of a delayed dispatch or a malfunctioning yeti.

Scaffolding is down."

"The maximum backwards speed is 55 mph."

MKT is currently attempting to get on the ride using his magical powers of persuasion. There are currently no fast passes in the machines.

Go MKT!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
According to MKT there is also new signage being added. They move the tarp up front and adding something.

Also:

"Also the queue is too narrow for most electric wheelchairs. They are trying to decide a strategy for them"

Jose Eber

Original Poster
MKT says:

"They added to the yeti foot measuring thingy: you must be one yeti foot tall to ride

They are also trying to figure out an extende queue right now"

The queue has been a problem from the very beginning (cast trainers). It amazes me the imagineers wouldn't build a long enough que. Anyone been on Indiana Jones Adventure? now there's a (necessarily -- because of the attractions location outside 'the berm') long queue!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom