EE Update Feature

biggy H

Jose Eber said:
I just had dinner with a Disney manager. Expect a soft opening last week of January to commence after/during AP previews/DVC previews

Per the 'tree line'. There hardly is one. Its been whittled down by the hurricanes and is only 1 tree deep. If you come in on the resort bus, you miss that side of the parking lot. But if you come and park, you'll see the backend. It is brown and contrasts with the white snow caps.

J.

Its even worse when you see it from Summit Plummit at BB. It needs to be worked on.

EpcotServo

Yeti business cards? No overflow queue? Strobe lights? fog? What ze heck is going on down there?:dazzle: I'd be out there if it wasn't for this cold. :brick:

cknight66

Everest

I am from LA and during a tour yesterday I saw Everest for the first time. Before, I had only seen it in pictures, but I was impressed by the size and themeing. I was surprised at how "unfinished" the backside of the attraction first appears as you approach the AK parking lot. Everest is the first thing that you see as you approach AK, and the backside of the mountain is poorly done. I'm sure that as time goes on the trees will cover that area a lot better than it does now, but it was pretty distracting.

EpcotServo

Must we go into this whole wall thing again? Not like Disney is going to do anything about it right now. We should be thanking Disney that there is a wall there at all. Let's just enjoy the Everest we have. All in all we're just another brick in the wall...:brick: :lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I had to stop on the library on my way home... heading home soon... pics up a little bit after that... yadda yadda

Buford

Mr. Rohde...tear down this wall! :lookaroun :lol:

I am sure his and the other Imagineers' work will WOW the Guests experience after experience after experience.... :)

missionspace

Jose Eber said:
Rob also says they are handing out yeti business cards. He'll have a scan up shortly.

The merchandise is fully stocked.

What kind of merchandise do the have?
Watch?
Leather Jacket?
T-shirts?
Yeti Plush?
?

THANKS!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
missionspace said:
What kind of merchandise do the have?
Watch?
Leather Jacket?
T-shirts?
Yeti Plush?
?

THANKS!

I didn't see much of the merchandise... only 3 frames, but according to a merchandise coordinator CM in the area, the shop is pretty much ready to go... cash drawers are up, alarms are up, merchandise is in. Merchandise CM's were getting tours and learning the story behind the area when I was there.

I did however see 2 frames and 1 book carried out by a CM... who quickly covered them when he saw my camera. BLAST!!!!

The frames were nice looking. 1 was a clear frame, held up by a small yeti, and set on a grassy field (I believe there's a lilo and stitch one like that). The yeti had his arms outstretched and was blue and white. The second one was a standard 5X7 frame with "Expedition Everest" written on the border in a stylized manner... kinda like this:
ca_magnet_all.jpg

I couldn't make out the book

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom