EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
As far as I know:

Steam effect from Train (well, underground tube to the train, you get the drift)

2 waterfalls, one in the back one upfront

snow off the mountain effect

cool air effect

multiple audio/ visual projections effects of yeti

audio of monastery (minor mountain on lift hill)

audio outside queue

Am I missing something? Maybe. Oh yah, a fog effect.

Hey, anyone cares if there are photos between now and AP previews (or if WDWScottieboy and I get a chance to ride it in the next few days -- Scott tells me they are doing 72 hours of testing as of Sunday)?

If no one gives a hoot, I won't bother to update with photos.

J.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Jose Eber said:

J.

If you update it, I'll give you more than just a hoot.

hooters_owl.jpg

Jose Eber

Original Poster
LOL maybe I'll head there now then.

Hey, maybe y'all can help me. I've only done passholder previews for a Disneyland (DCA) event. You had to sign up and stuff (didn't get anything free) and be given a time slot.

Is this just a big free for all!?

)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)_)

Expedition Everest - Special Sneak Preview

Explore uncharted territory as you experience Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain™ at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park in a special Passholders sneak "peak" of the thrilling, new high-speed train adventure attraction! Climb the towering cliff and burrow through the shadowy caverns of the mammoth mountain on a quest to uncover the legend of the yeti, known to the world as the Abominable Snowman. Twist, turn, get blasted by icy air and race through frozen canyons at incredible speeds before plunging 80 feet into the abyss! It's an experience you'll never forget!

Preview dates are January 26, 27, 28 and 29; Passholders will need to show their Pass for admission to this very special event. As an exciting bonus, each person who attends will receive a collectible Expedition Everest pin and lanyard!

Dates:
January 26-29, 2006

missionspace

Jose Eber said:
As far as I know:

Steam effect from Train (well, underground tube to the train, you get the drift)

2 waterfalls, one in the back one upfront

snow off the mountain effect

cool air effect

multiple audio/ visual projections effects of yeti

audio of monastery (minor mountain on lift hill)

audio outside queue

Am I missing something? Maybe. Oh yah, a fog effect.

Hey, anyone cares if there are photos between now and AP previews (or if WDWScottieboy and I get a chance to ride it in the next few days -- Scott tells me they are doing 72 hours of testing as of Sunday)?

J.

What: I thought this was going to be a great ride! When in fact is is only a good ride!

Where is all that good stuff we were suppose to get! Like the Yeti smell, snow inside the mountain/ice like ice station cool?

By the way I have been waiting my whole life the see those pictures!

THANKS!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Nothing too terribly new. The waterfall is getting fixed and you can see them applying new mountain work to contain it (its white, not painted yet).

The guidemap is back to the non christmas/holiday version and hasn't been updated with a photo.

Currently they are on a 72 hour test. 18 hours (with a 6 hour gap) x 4 days just letting the thing run. Poor guys have to work till 1:30 today!

Someone at a photo op:
Image-458FA193815611DA.jpg

Everest from afar:

Image-458F77F9815611DA.jpg

For those of you not familiar with the ride cycle. Around the time the one train finishes its rise on the main large lift hill, another car exits out that 80 foot drop. Sometimes its about the same time, other times its delayed by a second or two.

Image-458FC48B815611DA.jpg

Image-458FE21C815611DA.jpg

AWFUL shots I know. My camera broke (when I dropped it on my vacation). The black part is the back of the car -- the caboose. The steam effect is working. Here are three shots to show it poof out. Its got some good volume...and from what I remember, I was right -- its not just steam, they've added something to it for density/thickness. Its got some good volume.

Image-459322C6815611DA.jpg

Image-459030FA815611DA.jpg

Image-45954914815611DA.jpg

Beauty shot.

Image-459012AA815611DA.jpg

From what I know, next tuesday and wednesday will be AK cast preview (family and a friend can come too if you want). No testing scheduled, and the AK cast preview is very tentative.

orlandorealtor

I was there today and you could hear the steam train whistle as it went through the temple on the way up the lift. Also, right before it came down the front drop there was a roar that sounded like Godzilla (or maybe i'm just crazy).

WDWFantasmic

missionspace said:
What: I thought this was going to be a great ride! When in fact is is only a good ride!

Where is all that good stuff we were suppose to get! Like the Yeti smell, snow inside the mountain/ice like ice station cool?

By the way I have been waiting my whole life the see those pictures!

THANKS!

Maybe there are those effects? We don't know for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom