EE Update Feature

srkingdom2

dandaman said:
I know what "sharted" means! It's just the first time I've heard anyone else say it on these boards. :lol:

P.S. "Mary Sue Ellen Bob"? :lookaroun

Are you serious?!?! This is a momentous occasion we must celebrate!!! I believe i have realized my life work to say sharted on a Thread...:lol: :lol:

Alright whos bringing the plastic cups? I got the chips and Velveeta!!:lookaroun

dandaman

SkipKid said:
No clue what you're referencing, but this reminds me of the signs in Airplane!

No Smoking
El No A You Smoko

Fasten Seatbelts
Putana Da Seatbeltz

Best comedy ever, besides Holy Grail :lol:

I'd referenced the movie just today, in the "More Strange News" thread... something about Girl Scouts. ;)

dandaman

srkingdom2 said:
Are you serious?!?! This is a momentous occasion we must celebrate!!! I believe i have realized my life work to say sharted on a Thread...:lol: :lol:

Alright whos bringing the plastic cups? I got the chips and Velveeta!!:lookaroun

I'll bring the toilet paper and deodorizer. :lookaroun

WDWFantasmic

Does anyone know if it's gonna be cold in the mountain? I keep hearing the guy on the planning DVD talk about how the ride is gonna be cold and that the Yeti is a ruthless creature.

CTXRover

WDWFantasmic said:
Does anyone know if it's gonna be cold in the mountain? I keep hearing the guy on the planning DVD talk about how the ride is gonna be cold and that the Yeti is a ruthless creature.

Given what Mr. Rohde himself has said, yes, they will be pumping in some very cold air inside the mountain's caves.

CaptainMichael

imagineersrock said:
No matter how "uninteresting" it's still good enough to hold me over for another day or so...:lol:

Thanks MrNonancho. :)
Yeah, it is enough to last me. Just keep hope alive because we may have a surprise awaiting us on Monday:sohappy:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Another report, from disney1313:

All I can say is... WOW. Today I had the opportunity to be part of a filming for the travel channel about Expedition Everest that will air later this year. We reported at 9 am this morning to Asia at DAK and signed wavers and were told that they were going to do some filming around the village and que first - it is almost an attraction in itself! With E:E the que tells the pre-show story and it is incredibly detailed, some sections feel like a museum and it was very special having Joe Rhode there explaining what many of the artifacts are and how the locals in Nepal use them. The fastpass and standby que are very similar in what they contain but the standby has an amazing "museum" section that is worth walking through. We then proceeded to do some exterior shots with Joe and the film crew and then proceeded to wait for the next 6 hours while they fiddled with the camera equipment again and again until we got a chance to ride....

It was TOTALLY worth it (and I never thought I would say that after a 6 hour wait!). I don't want to ruin the ride for anyone (i'm very glad I didn't know much about it before riding) but if you think the mountain is big from the ground wait until you are inside it! The effects are great - the backwards segment ROCKS and it is VERY smooth. The train has a cool smoke effect and the Yetti BLEW ME AWAY!!! (Think bigger than the largest animatronic in Sinbad for those of you who have been to TDS). The attraction is not going to impress someone who wants just an extreme thrill ride - it is SO much more than that - it is a bit more thrilling than BTM or Space Mountain from a coaster stand point but the story and effects make it an E-Ticket like WDW has not seen since Splash Mountain.

I can't wait for all of you to experience it - I haven't felt the high I felt when I got off of it in a long time. It's friggin amazing!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
lol. I hope you can get on. Strikes me that its still Disney Cast Member filming though (unless I hear otherwise).

You probably have to be there at 7. Then they have a whole session or something.

Let us know if you get on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom