EE Update Feature

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
WDWScottieBoy said:
No! And that's only because I personally call BS on the whole thing (as others have as well).
took you long enough to reply...

...anyway, you can call BS till you turn blue in the face. I stand by what I've said. You know how to get a hold of me off the forums, just like several others, if you would like to ask questions or just chastise me.

mkt

Premium Member
EpcotServo said:
The funny part is, that we'd kill to see on ride pictures now, but in a week or too the place will be lousy with them. :lol:
hmm... in a week or so I'll be in the Caribbean enjoying yummy yummy sunshine and drinks on the beach :D

YAY

WDWFantasmic

mkt said:
took you long enough to reply...

...anyway, you can call BS till you turn blue in the face. I stand by what I've said. You know how to get a hold of me off the forums, just like several others, if you would like to ask questions or just chastise me.

How did they let you go on EE Rob?

Lee

Adventurer
mkt said:
You know how to get a hold of me off the forums, just like several others, if you would like to ask questions or just chastise me.

I'll probably be at the AC on Saturday night. Come by and I'll ply you with beverage to get the scoop.:lol:

That's if the Mrs. makes it back from TN in time.:brick:

mkt

Premium Member
Lee said:
I'll probably be at the AC on Saturday night. Come by and I'll ply you with beverage to get the scoop.:lol:

That's if the Mrs. makes it back from TN in time.:brick:
umm.. you realize that Saturday night at PI is a hard ticket event? I'll be working a special event that night at Universal anyway :(

Call me Sunday AM

Lee

Adventurer
mkt said:
umm.. you realize that Saturday night at PI is a hard ticket event?

Yep. Had all the arrangements made...then our dog gets sick in TN and the wife stays a couple extra days. So much for NYE at PI.

So I guess we'll put off our weekend at WDW until AP previews...at least then we can get on the ride.:rolleyes:

missionspace

Everest News not good!

I just called my friend to wish him a Happy New Year, He is giong to be on the opening team for Everest! I asked him how things are giong, He said bad! So I said please tell, well first the Yeti only works some of the time,he said right after the new year, the creators from Cal. are coming to WDW to try and fix it right! Next the snow effect on top of the Mt. isn't working. Also the steam effect for the train dosn't work half the time. You want more, will the waterfalls are also not working right, The water splashes everywhere! The only thing working right is the backround sounds,bells,wind,birds,animal noises! I hope they get it fixed (ASAP)! He couldn't confirm if there is scent or not!:(

The_CEO

missionspace said:
I just called my friend to wish him a Happy New Year, He is giong to be on the opening team for Everest! I asked him how things are giong, He said bad! So I said please tell, well first the Yeti only works some of the time,he said right after the new year, the creators from Cal. are coming to WDW to try and fix it right! Next the snow effect on top of the Mt. isn't working. Also the steam effect for the train dosn't work half the time. You want more, will the waterfalls are also not working right, The water splashes everywhere! The only thing working right is the backround sounds,bells,wind,birds,animal noises! I hope they get it fixed (ASAP)! He couldn't confirm if there is scent or not!:(
I'm sure they will have everything fixed before the grand opening. I have seen the snow on the top of the mountain myself, so I know it has worked before. It sounds like your friend is over exaggerating the problems. Also I am confident that WDI will work out the kinks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
missionspace said:

These things are all pretty normal whilst things are in development. I have every confidence that WDI will get all the show elements done over the next few months ready for the official opening in April. :)

missionspace

I hope you are right! This ride looks amazing. On a side note he also said the tea at the tea stand is great, the best is some sort of frozen fruit tea. I won't get to see it till April 24, so I hope it is running well by then! I guess these problems can be fix. I hope this is a good ride because AK needs it BAD!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
orlandorealtor said:
April? Im hoping these things are fixed by the end of January!

Remember the previews may not be 100% functional. You need to wait until the full official opening in April for everything to be 100%.

missionspace

Im not sure but he didn't seem to think the ride was all that! I told him I couldn't wait to ride it,he said to get to excited! It seems like he wasn't impressed at all! Maybe the Yeti wasn't working that day! I will call him again later. I do rember him saying about when you go backwards you go through some fog effect. The way he was talking he was more impressed with the village Q line then the ride itself! He went on to say that they blow blasts of cold air at you during the ride. I didn't ask if there was any snow inside, but he didn't say anything about it so I would guess no snow effect! He said the Yeti is kind of scarry looking, but don't work most of the time! It is quite large but not huge! It is wet! I'm not sure if there is water inside or not I will ask him later! His overall impression is good not great!

dandaman

wdwmagic said:
Remember the previews may not be 100% functional. You need to wait until the full official opening in April for everything to be 100%.

...Maybe. As 100% as it can possibly be, I guess. ;)

(Though, even if they can't get some of the elements working in time, it'll still be 150% beyond my expectations... :D)

The_CEO

missionspace said:
Im not sure but he didn't seem to think the ride was all that! I told him I couldn't wait to ride it,he said to get to excited! It seems like he wasn't impressed at all! Maybe the Yeti wasn't working that day! I will call him again later. I do rember him saying about when you go backwards you go through some fog effect. The way he was talking he was more impressed with the village Q line then the ride itself! He went on to say that they blow blasts of cold air at you during the ride. I didn't ask if there was any snow inside, but he didn't say anything about it so I would guess no snow effect! He said the Yeti is kind of scarry looking, but don't work most of the time! It is quite large but not huge! It is wet! I'm not sure if there is water inside or not I will ask him later! His overall impression is good not great!
Just like movie reviews, I tend NOT to listen to one person's response to an unfinished attraction; and to make up my own without watching videos, or viewing spoiler onride photos.

WDWFantasmic

missionspace said:

Maybe he prefers thrill rides to Disney rides. :lookaroun

EpcotServo

Hey, has anyone noticed that in the Joe Rohde interview on the WDW podcast, he gave a hint as to what the slogan for the ride will be:
"Dang it! The Yeti came down and ate my yak!" :lol:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I've heard about the steam problems on the train and the yeti not working consistently. I did wonder about the waterfall design. 60 feet of water splashing down has trouble being contained! Just a gentle stream in a hotel or mall interior can get out of control fast with just a minor elevation change.

When Soarin testing was underway, everything worked. Sure some of the voiceover work was wrong (it said to exit right but you had to go left) but the smells and everything were working 100%.

This is new stuff (not like Soarin) so we'll see. I can imagine some of these items not working off the bat or after some time just breaking down (see Indiana Jones at Disneyland).

Best ride it soon/early to catch the effects, never know when they'll just break down or be a waste to repair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom