EE Update Feature

WDWFantasmic

Jose Eber said:
I've heard about the steam problems on the train and the yeti not working consistently. I did wonder about the waterfall design. 60 feet of water splashing down has trouble being contained! Just a gentle stream in a hotel or mall interior can get out of control fast with just a minor elevation change.

When Soarin testing was underway, everything worked. Sure some of the voiceover work was wrong (it said to exit right but you had to go left) but the smells and everything were working 100%.

This is new stuff (not like Soarin) so we'll see. I can imagine some of these items not working off the bat or after some time just breaking down (see Indiana Jones at Disneyland).

Best ride it soon/early to catch the effects, never know when they'll just break down or be a waste to repair.

I sure hope they don't give up on those effects like on previous rides. :zipit: Every detail goes a long way.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
^exactly.

Basically, they have the money (and concern) to keep up effects (their Indiana Jones ride at TDS for example has some great effects, still working).

WDWFan...are you going go make me regret taking you off my ignore list with your questions?

I'll put you back on... :drevil:

WDWFantasmic

Jose Eber said:
^exactly.

Basically, they have the money (and concern) to keep up effects (their Indiana Jones ride at TDS for example has some great effects, still working).

WDWFan...are you going go make me regret taking you off my ignore list with your questions?

I'll put you back on... :drevil:

At least I wasn't asking about Everest... :hammer: :brick:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
mkt said:
The yeti is working about as consistently as a Volkswagen :rolleyes:

Depends on the Volkswagen! My brother had a Beetle [the original, not the modern, ugly, failed imitation] that was probably the most reliable, lowest-maintenance car I've ever been aware of :cool:

Of course, anything they've built since the '80s would fit your analogy :hammer:

Sergeant Tibbs

hey Jose, I think you should make a new thread to put your updates on because I'm lazy to read the 50 pages i missed to find the actually updates.:D ...but if you dont want to thats cool too.:lookaroun

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sergeant Tibbs said:
hey Jose, I think you should make a new thread to put your updates on because I'm lazy to read the 50 pages i missed to find the actually updates.:D ...but if you dont want to thats cool too.:lookaroun

Somewhere in the string Jose advised that he edits post #1 to provide links to his updates when he posts them. So, all you need to do is check the first post in this thread and you're good to go.

I have kinda enjoyed the rest of the thread anyway, though it occasionally get a bit wierd! :p

ICP06

Jose Eber said:
I've heard about the steam problems on the train and the yeti not working consistently. I did wonder about the waterfall design. 60 feet of water splashing down has trouble being contained! Just a gentle stream in a hotel or mall interior can get out of control fast with just a minor elevation change.

It could easily be contained by having some sheets of water running across the top of the plunge pool. When water comes back up, it'd hit off the sheets of water and fall back down. Of course, I don't know how visible the plunge pool itself will be to guests... If it's visible, then that idea goes out the door fairly sharpish.

It's along the same lines as how the dampen the sound and stuff from shuttle launches...

Kinda.

ICP06

stitchcastle

I'm actually beginning to have some doubts about this ride. The themeing is great and all but considering we're only gonna be able to see the Yeti once and very quickly at that, I think it's gonna be a bit of a let down. :(...I'd love to be proven wrong though

peter11435

stitchcastle said:
I'm actually beginning to have some doubts about this ride. The themeing is great and all but considering we're only gonna be able to see the Yeti once and very quickly at that, I think it's gonna be a bit of a let down. :(...I'd love to be proven wrong though
Why don't you just wait to see the finished product before jumping to conclusions.

wannab@dis

stitchcastle said:
it's not even open... maybe you should stop reading these threads if you're so easily bothered. :rolleyes:

WDWFantasmic

stitchcastle said:

But it's not like the Yeti is the main part of the ride. If you like BTMRR, you'll like this ride. Though one of my favorite rides is not even considered a thrill ride(Journey to the Center of the Earth). So far, it is Disney's best work IMO. It's gonna be hard for EE to beat that.

WDWFantasmic

stitchcastle said:
Isn't the Yeti supposed to be the main part of the ride?

I thought the "coaster" was the main part of the ride? :veryconfu If it wasn't thrilling, I wouldn't want to ride it as much. :lookaroun BTW, I really enjoyed reading your ideas in the Imagineering section.

WDWFantasmic

stitchcastle said:
thanks for the compliment. :)

I hope it's a really great coaster then, hope it could be more though.

If you could fix it, what would you do to make it better? :lookaroun It's got great theming, thrills, and a great storyline. How much better can it get but I would be surprised if it does surpass my expectations since I've already been on JTTCOTE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom