EE Update Feature

1stStarIC2nite

WDWFantasmic said:
From what the pictures here, I have only seen the blue construction wall.

Right, but what I'm talking about are the constructions walls across from the monkey area just about... I guess it's closer to Kali, though. But I figured it applied to Everest anyway since it's tea and the whole tea theme going on...

Jose Eber

Original Poster
1stStarIC2nite said:
Right, but what I'm talking about are the constructions walls across from the monkey area just about... I guess it's closer to Kali, though. But I figured it applied to Everest anyway since it's tea and the whole tea theme going on...

See the photos of the DVC and Tea place a couple pages back and on Peter's posts. They came down, what, Wednesday or so?

As per the blue walls coming down early January, I'm curious how they will rope off the area. Should be interesting.

DicksonGR

I'll just jump in here and say a big thanks for all the info and photos you guys are bringing on E:E, especially you Jose! Being so far away from Florida this is my only way for finding up to date news. I've been a long time lurker, but hopefully I'll start joining in the discussions a bit! Happy Christmas to you all!:xmas:

p.s.

Btw MKT, I hope you enjoyed the ride and respect you for not spilling anything onto the internet that you're not supposed to. I know I'd find that hard! :wave:

SilentWindODoom

1) They have Chai at the tea place? Anyone know if they sell it with cream like Dunkin' Donuts, or just plain? Tha stuff is so good, but I like it better with the cream. I haven't been able to recreate it with my own bags and cream yet. It should be good here, too.

2) Jose, maybe they're taking down the walls and opening the village up, but just roping off and guarding the small entrance building. That souldn't be too hard, but I just know the area from the pictures, so there may be a problem with that I'm not aware of.

1stStarIC2nite

SilentWindODoom said:
1) They have Chai at the tea place? Anyone know if they sell it with cream like Dunkin' Donuts, or just plain? Tha stuff is so good, but I like it better with the cream. I haven't been able to recreate it with my own bags and cream yet. It should be good here, too.

2) Jose, maybe they're taking down the walls and opening the village up, but just roping off and guarding the small entrance building. That souldn't be too hard, but I just know the area from the pictures, so there may be a problem with that I'm not aware of.

1) Yes! And it looks really good... the description said it had a lot of spices and dried fruit flavors in it. I really wanted one... grr

2) I THINK what they might have been referring to was taking them down for some press pictures... because afterwards they kept talking about taking walls down for getting shots and everything...

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I could see them tear the walls down, its just that there is nothing blocking folks from walking right up to the track between load and unload. Granted, its just a small section, so they could easily rope it off.

Hey, I'm all for taking the walls down. There is a sweet section to see the train come down up front.

J.

maxime29

Premium Member
Just leave the ladders in their places.

In fact, just rename the whole damn ride to Expedition: Ladder.

"Go on a hunt in search of the mysterious and sacred ladder. Beware as the ladder will hunt you down for tresspassing and using it in a non-safe manner."

WDWFantasmic

maxime29 said:
Just leave the ladders in their places.

In fact, just rename the whole damn ride to Expedition: Ladder.

"Go on a hunt in search of the mysterious and sacred ladder. Beware as the ladder will hunt you down for tresspassing and using it in a non-safe manner."

:lol:

The_CEO

is there a way you can like make it WMV or such so we dont have to have the newest version of quicktime, * which costs money*?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Why don't you "do some fact checking".

Quicktime has always been free. And its free to view the file. I would never do that to someone, make them pay to see a video capture!

Try harder!:fork:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
^ ?

Well, it looks like you got it to work. Yes its new tech. Its the latest Quicktime/iTunes and its frustrating to upgrade all the time. But think of the frustration of some of us having to deal with old tech! Man MPG is a pain to demux.

Right now I'm watching/recording the Modern Marvels-- so far nothing has shone up on EE. But it will probably be at the end as they are spending about half an hour on each core park (no water parks though?!)

WDWFantasmic

Jose Eber said:
^ ?

Well, it looks like you got it to work. Yes its new tech. Its the latest Quicktime/iTunes and its frustrating to upgrade all the time. But think of the frustration of some of us having to deal with old tech! Man MPG is a pain to demux.

Right now I'm watching/recording the Modern Marvels-- so far nothing has shone up on EE. But it will probably be at the end as they are spending about half an hour on each core park (no water parks though?!)

Are you gonna put the Everest section from Modern Marvels on your website?:)

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Yah I agree -- the special wasn't 'that special'. They probably took some time to edit/produce it.

So...

I'll have the segment up -- but like you said, the Christmas special showed more stuff. It was cool.
J.

Captain Hank

Might I ask how long you're planning on hosting the Christmas parade excerpt? I wasn't able to see the parade, and I'm stuck in dial-up purgatory for the next few days, until I get back to school on Jan 2. I really want to see the segment, but I also don't want to tie up the phone lines for that long.

Thanks again for the great E:E updates! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom