EE bird/steam is back!

RSoxNo1

I still can't really make out what I'm looking at:

Everest.jpg

EpcotServo

I still can't really make out what I'm looking at:

See the Big "L" shape next to Broken Trestle on the top left? That's the vulture effect. It's hanging off the actual mountain structure, literally suspended in air. As you can see, it's not just a motor and a stick, it's slightly more complicated and hard-to-reach than made out to be 'round here.
:wave:

EpcotServo

Ah, but there is a difference when that "opinion" is aimed solely at the individual and is not even remotely tied to the discussion. This is a discussion forum and people are free to question one another's opinions, statements and standards when they make claims about how "awesome" or "amazing" they find an attraction to be. That's a far cry from telling another member that they "have a serious mental condition" as you've done. A remark such as that one does nothing to elevate your point that you're desperately trying to support. It only serves to show the weakness in your position itself.

This is the same vulture that you referred to as "freakin' awesome" right? :lol:

Let's Read my Post:

Again, if my expressing this opinion makes you "hostile" or "ticked off", I'm not sure the issue really lies with me. Know what I mean? :animwink:

Yes, I am surprised that expressing my honest opinion (one that appears to be shared by many) would elicit a "hostile reaction" or "tick (anyone) off". :wave:

"Pardon me, If you think that that opinion is true, then you have a serious mental condition that requires help. Also you have the standards of a McDonalds in Hoover, Ohio.

What? That's an annoying stand-offish thing to say? But I'm just expressing my honest opinion?

Seriously, It's not what you said, it's how you said it that counts.

You were'nt even paying attention when I said I'm not even that big a fan of the vulture, just saying that the worst thing about Everest is still awesome in it's own right."

Again, need to pay more attention to what people are saying. I posted by example. I didn't imply anyone has "low standards", you did. I countered by showing you how talking like that isn't becoming.

Me posting an example of how you talking down to someone who disagrees isn't "Expressing your Honest Opinion." is made even more ironic by that fact that you too felt ticked off. Even though it immediately should've been apparent the intent of my rebuttial when I said "What? That's an annoying stand-offish thing to say? But I'm just expressing my honest opinion?"

I couldn't care less about the Vulture discussion, I'm still focused on how saying I have low standards isn't a joke, and most definitely has nothing to do with "Expressing your Honest Opinion."

EpcotServo

Oh, but there's an elaborate mechanism running it behind the scenes! Therefore you're in the wrong for judging it by... you know,... how it actually looks! :hammer: You're supposed to completely forget about things like the ride and the storyline (what little there is) and instead be thinking about the machinery that's running it. I mean, didn't you complete your reading assignment about the bird-on-a-stick while you were standing in line for the ride?? :lol:

If you look back, you were the only one even talking about that arguement. You're free to think whatever you want to think about it. I was talking about you personally acting like a jerk, but please, by all means, don't stop...

And I'm extremely sorry for presenting factual information that (god forbid) some people might enjoy knowing.

heartodisney

What is realy funny is that most people KNOW it is a cheap prop..and the new riders are distracted just enough not knowing, but certain something is about to happen next on the ride...! I love the effect! I was very lucky to ride with a child that I met in the line, my wife would not ride, and his parents let him..they rode in front of us..it was a great time, after the ride was over, they thanked me and told me they were on their way out on their last day..he was there on Make A Wish trip and needed to start his chemo..I was heartbroken and could not say anything as they walked away..I just wanted to take him through the park the rest of the day to ride and have fun...I just pray that child has done well! Just remember..things are not all they seem to be!

EpcotServo

But it's not realistic to expect that most people are going to be aware of that stuff.

Of course not, but it's realistic to assume detractors would bother to try and see the whole picture before burning it.

And it's EXTREMELY realistic to assume most people "get" all it means in the story...which is "Vulture = Foreboding Omen"

fractal

All I can say is that when I rode EE in May and the bird was not working I was disappointed - based on that the bird did add to the overall experience and I'm glad it's now working.

Now if we can only get the Yeti going...

EPCOT Explorer

So the person (Epcotservo) who called me a "jerk" and said that I had "a serious mental health condition" doesn't have an "aggressive posting style" in your book? :veryconfu
:lol: Take a joke....That's Servo for you.:)

So I take it someone has you strapped down to a chair with your eyelids forced open and is forcing you to read this thread among all the other choices on this site? Gee, sorry.
Appology accepted.

Good evening....

EpcotServo

So the person (Epcotservo) who called me a "jerk" and said that I had "a serious mental health condition" doesn't have an "aggressive posting style" in your book? :veryconfu

you aren't listening to my posts.

A: I said "acting like a jerk" and joking/talking down that someone has low standards and calling it "expressing your honest opinion." falls well under that.

B: I made it abundantly clear (and even clearer a few times after.) that the post I said "serious mental condition" I was showing you just how Talking Down that someone is obviously of a lower status because you don' share the same opinion isn't funny, even meant as a joke. It's annoying. Not your opinion, just, again, "acting like a jerk."

C: "Even the worst thing at Everest is still Freakin' Awesome." is all I have/had to say about this "argument" you're pretty much fighting alone.

And I'm not aggressive, I'm just in despair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom