EE bird/steam is back!

DisneyMusician2

At least it is a small improvement. There seems to be a few to these cropping up around the park.

Now maybe if the Yeti could only work correctly, it might be worth looking for him again.

djkidkaz

Just fix that damn yeti! This attraction better go down right after the holiday season now that Space is back up so they can get that Yeti working! :fork:

RSoxNo1

Just fix that damn yeti! This attraction better go down right after the holiday season now that Space is back up so they can get that Yeti working! :fork:

Splash Mountain is going down for 2 months in the beginning of the year, so I'd guess they wouldn't close Everest at the same time.

How much time is going to be needed to fix the Yeti? Does anyone have that information?

yeti

bird on a stick...seriously?

It's the dumbest effect I've ever seen out of WDI and they brought it back? :brick:
The steam adds atmosphere, and is a great "plus" that distinguishes Disney attractions. Bird on a stick looks like a cheap 1960s prop pre-animatronics. I say kill the bird.

EPCOT Explorer

No.

If it were Joe's work then everything would work.

This sounds like Kevin Lansberry decided steam and bird on a stick would distract fanbois from the fact the biggest part of the attraction -- the YETI -- is permanently playing Dancing Queen like he's at Studio 54 in 1977.
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I'll never look at Everest the same way. Disco Yeti! Hah!:lol:

bstiles

I think they ripped the bird on a stick off of Mr. Rogers neighborhood of make believe. If I remember correctly King Friday had a pet bird on a stick and his name right now slips my memory. It looked cheap on TV and looks cheap in person.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Splash Mountain is going down for 2 months in the beginning of the year, so I'd guess they wouldn't close Everest at the same time.

How much time is going to be needed to fix the Yeti? Does anyone have that information?
No one has even been able to confirm exactly what is wrong with Buster let alone what it will take to fix him.

RSoxNo1

No one has even been able to confirm exactly what is wrong with Buster let alone what it will take to fix him.

Ok, I have a solution. Replace the existing Yeti with a 20 foot tall stuffed animal on a string. When the train goes by the Yeti drops down, when the train passes, the Yeti is pulled back up.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok, I have a solution. Replace the existing Yeti with a 20 foot tall stuffed animal on a string. When the train goes by the Yeti drops down, when the train passes, the Yeti is pulled back up.
It would be an improvement over Disco Yeti.

dznygirl64

I totally forgot about the bird on a stick glad its back,as for the steam maybe they turn it off in warmer weather? As for the yeti Im not sure what everyone means by disco lights the yeti is very dark and hard to see when we ride it?Are you talking about the lights that flash when your picture is taken? I personally think the yeti is fine only moving a little.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This sounds like Kevin Lansberry decided steam and bird on a stick would distract fanbois from the fact the biggest part of the attraction -- the YETI -- is permanently playing Dancing Queen like he's at Studio 54 in 1977.
Another classic :lol:

EpcotServo

Contrary to popular "being freaking stupid" - It wasn't a purely stupid idea- The Vulture is the Animal Kingdom tribute to the classic Vulture Warning. (First started in Snow White, Then Splash Mountain, Then Star Tours, Followed by Everest.)

And if you look up videos or pictures of the Lammergeier Vulture, You'd know that it actually "Floats" straight up by curling it's wings and hovering in high mountain gusts. It actually snatches it's prey up and uses the winds to get all the way up, even to 25,000+ Feet, DROPPING it's prey onto the high rocks- Multiple times even, until it cracks the spines and bones-Taking it back up to this high altitude caves in which it lives in. It's a very sinister looking bird, and one of the few animals that live this high. The perfect Omen of what's to come, and marking the signature "No turning Back" vulture of Imagineering tradition in a distinct Animal Kingdom Fashion.

http://www.pbs.org/edens/bhutan/a_lv.htm

Here in this video taken from the French Alps, you can see it's golden red static wings gliding through thin air:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_bSBN5Jduk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwxsBmWcMg&feature=related

As you can see, they don't flap their wings. Their wings are perpetually static, gliding up and down on neverending Mountain wings.

They captured it really well (Especially during Twilight, it has cool sunset lighting directly under it that hits the wings.) and it goes to show even the cheesy part of Everest is awesome, and can totally beat you up and throw you on rocks.

yeti

Contrary to popular "being freaking stupid" - It wasn't a purely stupid idea- The Vulture is the Animal Kingdom tribute to the classic Vulture Warning. (First started in Snow White, Then Splash Mountain, Then Star Tours, Followed by Everest.)

As you can see, they don't flap their wings. Their wings are perpetually static, gliding up and down on neverending Mountain wings.

OK, so it's a vulture on a stick.

EpcotServo

Explain one thing, Servo, because I agree, and knew a little bit about that....but....Star Tours has vultures?

*FacePalm*

"Properly Explored Studios"?
:rolleyes: :lol:

Their are two droid vultures RIGHT there above the queue when you're passing G2-9T about to take the left turn to get to Load.

OK, so it's a vulture on a stick.

Actually, that'd also be wrong. it's actually supported by a cable running the length of the back which runs on the track built into the side of the mountain. A motor at one ends spins the cable up, then falls it's slow down to the bottom. That way it "floats" up rather than being PUSHED or PULLED up.

It's not my favorite, but it's still freakin' awesome.
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom