EE being vandalized before Grand Opening...

Epcot82Guy

djronnieb said:
Acctually it would be legal to post their face with out blocking it out. Because you are allowed to take and share photos of people in any public place. It's just one of the dangers someone takes when leaving their home, if you're in public anyone has the legal right to photograph you. So I say re-post the pic but don't block out their face.

Granted, the photos themselves should be legal (minor semantics over whether Disney property is truly "public" - but that would not go to court. And, I haven't checked Florida's statutes if there are any photo laws, but I will take your word for it.). Was more talking about some of the statements other (i.e. I) have said about them. Person is not a public figure (yet), so there might be some issues if they are identified. However, again, highly doubt this is an actionable offense. But, I am a bit risk averse!

DisneyDellsDude

EpcotServo said:
First of all, there will be water there. remember The Land? They were so busy fixing the inside and getting Soarin' up off it's feet to fill that little river in. Same thing here, once they have everything going right on EE, they'll fill it in. As for the queue damages, they'll be fixed before April as well. It makes me sad though, because everytime I'm in standby I see that everyone in the line has to mess with those chains! They just have to! Driven by some unknown force of stupidity, they have to pull on them. I've seen kids, teens, and very many adults doing this. We can't have nice things......:lol:

I noticed that another thing people like to touch is at Rockin' Roller Coaster, some doors in the 'studio' have bead marble things on them and everyone has to scrape them across the door and make this really annoying sound.:dazzle:

And next time I visit WDW, I will make sure no one is messing with the props in any Disney attraction!!:mad:

KrazyKemp

This is just me...and not that I condone this kind of action or anything...

But...

I would have smacked the &%$# outta that kid...

And then turned him over to a CM...

BwanaBob

Original Poster
I think they got the point.

And for that matter... everyone in the line... the room... the queue ...
knew what I was doing... and who I was doing it to... and why I was doing it. I think it did well enough. They stopped acting like idiots because now everyone had their attention on them.

Does that stop them next time? No. But then again, neither does a CM telling them they can't do that. Not untill their pass is revoked...

And I fully respect the CM's who work attractions... but when you're in fear for your job if a guest says something about you... to the point that as a CM, you don't even tell guests where to smoke and where NOT to... I'll find my own way to get back at other ignorant guests.

orlandorealtor

BwanaBob said:
a CM telling them they can't do that. Not untill their pass is revoked...

And I fully respect the CM's who work attractions... but when you're in fear for your job if a guest says something about you... to the point that as a CM, you don't even tell guests where to smoke and where NOT to... I'll find my own way to get back at other ignorant guests.

I second that. CM's enforcing park rules can easily be risking their jobs. Often, in the right situation, I taken it upon myself to enforce the rules...in a very non corporate, non Disney way.

Figment571

Connor002 said:
Sickening.

Heh... my I people wonder why I disown my own age group...

THANK YOU!! I think if I'm right we're around the same age and many people our age are, pardon my french, @@#@$##$#$@$%%$^&% mother^&$#%^&*%$RT%$^* retards $#&^$%^#@Q@!@$%^$face&^#!@%^*&$#$#%&$$^ and so on and so forth.:wave:

I think a huge problem , from myself being a teen, is the actual parents themselves. NO I'm not saying all parents are idiots but some are! The parents of these guys just let them run amock with no questions asked and no punishment!

Just take the freaking time to parent the kids!!! This is terrible that this happens all the time and kids and teens think it is fun and cool. "YO YO whut up me peeps" or something like that.

momrek06

BWANABOB: Just saw your POST now....I am absolutely disgusted. Wow, to come to WDW and ride this brand new roller coaster and then VANDALIZE it like that in BROAD daylight. Very nervy of these kids. DH went on it in early Feb (I am not good with rollercoasters) and I just showed him all your photos and he was blown away...he said yes, there are props there that people can touch. DS just got an email today from Disney (as he goes 3/1/06) and said "You have a Special Invitation to ride EE"!!! He called me and was so pumped. Wait until I show DS (23 y.o.) he will be as digusted as his dad and I!!!

:( :fork: :hurl: :confused:

MAF

Everyone keeps repeating that they would "tell a CM", but honestly what is a CM going to do about it? I say take matters into your own hands....

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
TurnipHead said:
Everyone keeps repeating that they would "tell a CM", but honestly what is a CM going to do about it? I say take matters into your own hands....
Call security, and by the time security arrives, the offenders will have disappeared into the crowds, and they get away with what they did.

However, taking matters into your own hands may result in you being the person that's getting pursuid by security, and not the original vandalizers.

BwanaBob

Original Poster
mkt said:
Call security, and by the time security arrives, the offenders will have disappeared into the crowds, and they get away with what they did.

However, taking matters into your own hands may result in you being the person that's getting pursuid by security, and not the original vandalizers.
Creatively... Uniquely... and masterfully... taking things into your own hands!

THAT is the key! :D

ucf disneyfan

EpcotServo said:
Listen, I asked a WDI guy about it the other day. There will be water. He said that. What source are you getting your info from that you so strongly believe it?

I'm just wondering who this WDI guy is. Does he have a name?

HMGhost13

*sighs* actually with the teens now, they'll back off but after calling someone a seris of curse words, flipping the bird as well as a few other things.

though i do agree with taking a picture, showing it to a CM (with digital camera's now, should be easy to do) and maybe stay close tot hem so that you can easily point them out. if not just point them out. let security deal with it. i'm not about to get into a tussle with some brainless twits when i can let "the man" handle them hehe. *rip rip, boot!*

Chase24

Too bad to see this. Does anyone know what it actually takes to get thrown out of WDW for the day? Other parks get you for line jumping and other unaceptable behavior. Maybe it is time to weed out the masses.

CrashNet

TurnipHead said:
The trouble with this is you don't know who you are going to be dealing with, no matter what they appear to be. If you try to handle it yourself, you may end up getting into a situation that gets all of you expelled from the park for an extended period of time, or permanently.

Come and tell us. We can go up to them and handle it a lot better. One, we have the name tags, and that immediately gets their attention. Two, if they become a problem, we can take the necessary steps to have the removed from the park without you suffering any potential consequences. Its an all or nothing policy at Disney (with minimal exceptions): you get involved in a confrontation, everyone is removed, regardless of who's at fault.

Woody13

cac2889 said:
The trouble with this is you don't know who you are going to be dealing with, no matter what they appear to be. If you try to handle it yourself, you may end up getting into a situation that gets all of you expelled from the park for an extended period of time, or permanently.

Come and tell us. We can go up to them and handle it a lot better. One, we have the name tags, and that immediately gets their attention. Two, if they become a problem, we can take the necessary steps to have the removed from the park without you suffering any potential consequences. Its an all or nothing policy at Disney (with minimal exceptions): you get involved in a confrontation, everyone is removed, regardless of who's at fault.
Excellent information and very good advice! Thank you. :wave: Also, in the OP's photo, I did not see any overt vandalism. It appeared that these boys were handling a bunch of carabiners that were linked together. It seems to me that Disney should have locked these carabiners down if they did not want them to go missing. Or, perhaps I misinterpreted the photo?

dxwwf3

The way I took the photo was that they were in the act of pulling on the chains trying to take them down and the picture couldn't really show that.

peter11435

Woody13 said:
Excellent information and very good advice! Thank you. :wave: Also, in the OP's photo, I did not see any overt vandalism. It appeared that these boys were handling a bunch of carabiners that were linked together. It seems to me that Disney should have locked these carabiners down if they did not want them to go missing. Or, perhaps I misinterpreted the photo?

When the attraction first opened they were all glued shut. I don't know if people were able to break through the glue or what.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom