Eddie Sotto's take on the current state of the parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Eddie, I know you never really dealt with MK's Haunted Mansion, but I've got a question that you might be able to verify: Did they ever have a mutilated man stuck in a spider's web in the ride? I've heard it was there for a short while, and was then retired because it was too gruesome.
Like I said, I don't know if you could give me a definite answer, but thanks either way!

_Scar

Eddie, I know you never really dealt with MK's Haunted Mansion, but I've got a question that you might be able to verify: Did they ever have a mutilated man stuck in a spider's web in the ride? I've heard it was there for a short while, and was then retired because it was too gruesome.
Like I said, I don't know if you could give me a definite answer, but thanks either way!

Eddie isn't coming back :( and the spider web man was a myth about DL's that appeared to be true. However, not in ours.

WDW1974

I know both of them were popularized by one of Jim Hill's earlier incarnations... lemme see if I can find a link...
Here ya go... enjoy the hilarity!

That is some scary stuff ... that's really all I can say.

The wild west days of the Disney fans on the web ... so many folks making things up as they went along.

wow!

Oh, and I'm sure we'll see Eddie back in these parts when his schedule allows ... unless he winds up back at WDI on the Shanghai team that is!!!

_Scar

That is some scary stuff ... that's really all I can say.

The wild west days of the Disney fans on the web ... so many folks making things up as they went along.

wow!

Oh, and I'm sure we'll see Eddie back in these parts when his schedule allows ... unless he winds up back at WDI on the Shanghai team that is!!!

I hope so, and he can relay messages back to us about Shanghai and the secrets of it.... I'm so excited for D23 to clear up some things!! Will Shanghai have any presnsence there?

WDW1974

I hope so, and he can relay messages back to us about Shanghai and the secrets of it.... I'm so excited for D23 to clear up some things!! Will Shanghai have any presnsence there?

Since it hasn't been officially signed off on yet by the Chinese central government in Beijing, that's extremely unlikely.

But ... but ... but ... it wouldn't shock me if certain technologies and/or attractions that will wind up in Shanghai are mentioned or presented in WDI's seminars, showcases etc.

_Scar

Since it hasn't been officially signed off on yet by the Chinese central government in Beijing, that's extremely unlikely.

But ... but ... but ... it wouldn't shock me if certain technologies and/or attractions that will wind up in Shanghai are mentioned or presented in WDI's seminars, showcases etc.

Can you just spill the beans on what you know? You're killin me! :D

MiklCraw4d

Can you just spill the beans on what you know? You're killin me! :D

I'm sure SDL will incorporate a lot of RFID and Living Character Initiative stuff... probably some trackless stuff too, since they're embracing that in Hong Kong. Iger's such a tech guy I'm sure this'll be the most digital Disney park ever. I just hope they don't skimp on the old-fashioned details too!

RSoxNo1

Any chance we'll be seeing one of this trackless ride systems in WDW? What type of ride system will be used for the Faeries ride?

MiklCraw4d

KNEW there was a reason why almost every CM is from China, while I was there last week....:lookaroun:lol:

You've just jogged my memory, because I was there in March and there were Chinese CMs *everywhere* in the resort. I figured it had something to do with laying some ground for Shanghai. These were not Americans of Chinese descent, mind you, but obviously very recent transplants. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed this - it was really obvious in March.

RSoxNo1

Dumb question, but isn't the 5th dimension trackless? Seems like everyone ignores this?

My understanding was that the 5th Dimension, Universe of Energy and The Great Movie Ride are derivations of the trackless ride system, but none of them explore this like Pooh's Honey Hunt - I'm not sure how different the systems are on a technical level, but the level of movement by comparison, Pooh's Honey Hunt seems to be a far more unique experience.

My understanding was that the 5th Dimension, Universe of Energy and The Great Movie Ride are derivations of the trackless ride system, but none of them explore this like Pooh's Honey Hunt - I'm not sure how different the systems are on a technical level, but the level of movement by comparison, Pooh's Honey Hunt seems to be a far more unique experience.

Those attractions are trackless, sorta. There is a very small wire in the floor that the vehicles follow. So its the same ride every time, just like having a track in the floor.

The true trackless technology does not follow anything and is truly random and can go anywheres.

RSoxNo1

Those attractions are trackless, sorta. There is a very small wire in the floor that the vehicles follow. So its the same ride every time, just like having a track in the floor.

The true trackless technology does not follow anything and is truly random and can go anywheres.

I thought ToT, EEA (Ellen's Energy Adventure), and TGMR used magnets in the floor? I am by no means an engineer so I really don't understand the specifics of the two different types of systems, but perhaps someone that does can explain it in greater detail?

I thought ToT, EEA (Ellen's Energy Adventure), and TGMR used magnets in the floor? I am by no means an engineer so I really don't understand the specifics of the two different types of systems, but perhaps someone that does can explain it in greater detail?

Maybe, i dont know how the entire systems works. I do know that I read there is a single wire that is about a 1/8 of an inch thick that the vehicles follow. I could be magnets that power the actual vehicle...or more traditional means...but the actual control of where the vehicle goes is done by that simple wire

CBOMB

I sure would like to get Eddie's take on this Fantasyland expansion. Maybe he can tear himself away from work long enough to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom