Early reviews for TLM ride?

juan

I rode it a couple weeks ago. I'll get a review up when I can.
I will say the smaller AA's are amazing, especially Sebastian. Solid D ticket, not on par with Mansion, but lightyears ahead of FL dark rides.

magicMLV

TLM show building seems huge (and not hidden)
Could it create some E-ticket ride type expectations?
I'm fine with D but building says E

Disney Rocks

The Little Mermaid is supposed to be better than Pooh and Peter Pan, but not as good as Mansion or Pirates. Keep that in mind when you ride.

TP2000

It`s a D and it`s soft opened now. Expect plenty of reviews.

Here's the first half-decent ride through video in HD (that video linked above is HORRIBLE quality), from earlier this morning! http://www.youtube.com/user/Asianjma123#p/u/6/aIarm5FEQXI

They had the ride soft opened for several hours this morning, until the media preview of the new Mickey's Soundsational Parade kicked off and they moved the media over to the Mermaid ride for previews there. Remember, Star Tours hasn't even opened officially at Disneyland yet, and Mermaid, Star Tours and the new Soundsational Parade all formally debut next week.

But from the video above, again a half-decent video capture from an amateur photographer with a basic Best Buy camera in hand, the Mermaid ride looks like a fantastic addition to DCA! Very colorful, neat special effects, impressive animatronics, toe-tapping music, and a nice 6+ minute ride time. Winner!

TP2000

-

Awesome! Many thanks for sharing that video.

Looks great to me....let's hope it looks as nice at WDW.

:)

You're welcome. :wave:

The interior is said to be identical for the version of Mermaid that opens at WDW's Fantasyland in early 2013. Refer to earlier in this thread on the big differences to the exterior of this cloned ride, also known as the "Convention Center Versus The Castle" discussion. :lol:

RSD Part Deux

My review: TLM is light years ahead of Pooh, Snow White, and Peter Pan. TLM has many animatronics that are fully animated as opposed to moving figurines as I call them. All the animatronics are the next gens ones. Sorry I dont know the technical term but think Jack Sparrow at POTC and The Witch at TGMR.

POTC and HM can be considered to be better because they are more immersive and detailed, however TLMs animatronics are superior obvisously. The way the big ones move are very impressive. The smaller ones shouldn't be discounted either.

This ride is going to be a huge hit and a great addition to the Kingdom.

dweezil78

Thanks for the video! Looks fantastic. Anyone who is disappointed in that has clearly set their expectations wayyyy too high for a Little Mermaid themed dark ride. And for the people complaining about the use of projections, c'mon. Really? They're used very sparingly in this and in ways that make sense. Even PotC has similar projections to simulate water/weather effects and whatnot. I especially liked the way the water was projected directly onto the clam shells, very cool.

With the exception of Tokyo's Pooh and Monsters Inc. rides, this is easily the best animated film dark ride they've created in many many years. Can't wait to ride next week at the AP preview!

Merlin0402

I agree that this is the best dark ride they've created (stateside) in years. That said, there are a few things that I really wish they would reconsider for the wdw version, namely ice cream cone ariel, the odd cg animation, and the thrown together ending.

SleepingMonk

... ice cream cone ariel....the thrown together ending.

The hair looks completely ridiculous. It's swirled in the movie because she's twirling in the water. If the AA isn't twirling in the ride it doesn't fit at all.

And yeah the ending....looks like they ran out of room or money and just said "wave goodbye".

aladdin2007

This looks stunning, how can some of you say "yawn", it was not intended to be haunted mansion scale. But finally a full blown new dark ride. I dont care for Ariels ice cream hair either, and the cgi animation is very odd fake, I think classic animation would have worked better, but the ending was great.

Now, can TDO ruin it by cutting budget on it somewhere? Thats what worries me.

From what I could see the queue and the beginning seemed really strange, the first scene is practically in the queue it seemed like, didnt like that. Anyone else notice?

DonaldDoleWhip

Hooray for Ursula! She sacrificed herself so Ariel could become human and kiss Prince Eric! :lookaroun

In all seriousness, the swirly hair isn't a big deal to me. But that ending made my jaw drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom