Earfell Tower to be removed

MagicHappens1971

image.jpeg
The Earffell tower is still standing

TheOrangeBird01

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but why don't they just move the water tower instead of taking it down. I don't know if there's actually water in the tower or anything, or if it would be too much of a project, but I think it would be very cool if it was still somewhere in HS.

matt9112

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but why don't they just move the water tower instead of taking it down. I don't know if there's actually water in the tower or anything, or if it would be too much of a project, but I think it would be very cool if it was still somewhere in HS.

As the poster above stated it is cheaper and easier to just demo it than to try and move or reuse. Think of when if ever you replace something and you don't need the old part or item....much easier to trash it than to try and be gentle yeah?

Meeko77

The tower does not contain any water. As much as I, too, would love for the tower to be relocated elsewhere in the park, the chances are pretty slim to none. I believe the mindset is that if you are in Toy Story Land, it wouldn't make sense to see the tower. I would be fine with it, but they didn't ask me. :) How they plan to conceal a large cast member parking garage near the tower is beyond me though.

ToTBellHop

The tower does not contain any water. As much as I, too, would love for the tower to be relocated elsewhere in the park, the chances are pretty slim to none. I believe the mindset is that if you are in Toy Story Land, it wouldn't make sense to see the tower. I would be fine with it, but they didn't ask me. :) How they plan to conceal a large cast member parking garage near the tower is beyond me though.
They plan to use Jedi mind tricks.

dgp602

dread is a harsh term for removal of a prop...
maybe you would dread that a motorcycle runs into your parked car, or that a tornado moves your house catastrophically, or that lord forbid, a person is found face-down in your backyard swimming pool...
ouch

JohnWD

Aaaannndddd.....

It's gone.
The cost of moving forward is sometimes leaving things in the past. Our first trip to DW was 1987 when our first born was 9 months old. The Earffel Tower was always pointed out on the BLT. But my fondest memory was my kids and I watching my wife in the WWII scene scrubbing the PT boat. So I don't find it hard to let the tower go. I'm more looking forward to creating more memories with hopefully grandkids at TSL and SWL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom