Earfell Tower to be removed

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Found this in Twitter...

mgm Earful Tower far off.JPG

Doug Means

Never knew so many people were attached to what amounts to a giant prop :confused: No loss for me, bring on the expansion! Can't wait to see that once sad corner of the park revamped into something more exciting!

a giant prop that me and my kids loved seeing as we cam into WDW and MGM/Hollywood studio. i think when people have family memories of stuff it hurts a little when they are gone. but i do look forward to the new and what will be.

Doug Means

I was at Hollywood studios last night. And ironically i overhead several families mention it was the best park they went to. Perhaps because they all were in star wars fever lol. I just dont see it. I saw a show and was ready to go. I did do a survey on the way out and it was about star wars and entertainment

well you really don't have to understand it, but i do. it was such a great park to stroll around in no hurry and be able to do everything easily, which means making memories! For me with my kids, it is just a great laid-back park with lots of little neat things to do, a few great shows, a few great rides, and just easy going. i really love all the parks and Disney stuff and have a hard time bashing any of them.

Meeko77

I just got an email from The Disney Store advertising their latest limited release t-shirt. I'll give you two guesses as to what it features, and the first one doesn't count.......

[Obligatory space to give you time to change your answer of 'Catastrophe Canyon'.]

Yup. It's the Earffel Tower! "Celebrate the happiest icon on the horizon at Disney's Hollywood Studios with our Earffel Tower Tee, available for a limited time only! Never forget, it all started with a Mouse!" It's available today through April 3rd. (Perhaps an indication of demolition day being April 4th?)

This has to be the troll-iest of all troll jobs by Disney's marketing division. At least the Horizons and 20,000 Leagues tees were done as anniversary tees.

Thanks for the heads up - so sad Earffel Tower's days are numbered. Wish the t-shirt weren't so expensive.

Meeko77

Drove by DHS tonight on my way home and earful/earfell tower was dark. No lights at all.
There have been nights I have driven by where they haven't had it lit up. I drove by it 2 nights ago at close to 11p, and they had it lit up, but the little bulb lights that normally would be on around the ears were turned off. Not sure if those have been removed or not. I dread the day the tower won't be there.

dstrawn9889

dread is a harsh term for removal of a prop...
maybe you would dread that a motorcycle runs into your parked car, or that a tornado moves your house catastrophically, or that lord forbid, a person is found face-down in your backyard swimming pool...

Meeko77

dread is a harsh term for removal of a prop...
maybe you would dread that a motorcycle runs into your parked car, or that a tornado moves your house catastrophically, or that lord forbid, a person is found face-down in your backyard swimming pool...

Hmmm - I don't have a swimming pool. I respect the fact that you do not have much sentiment when it comes to the "prop" in question, but to me, it represented my dream to work at the Studios. I apologize that the word I chose to reflect my feelings did not suit you.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom