Earfell Tower to be removed

matt9112

I See That it is most likely cause they don't need that area yet for toy story or StarWars Yet but they'll probably just take the ears off and there you go! :)

Been discussed already the scale isn't the same and it's cheaper to build new one. The water tower is going to be melted down.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is the tower heading down to The Springs?

We now have the answer and it is "no".

https://twitter.com/MagicCityMayhem/status/703680935544365061

untitled.png

elchippo

IMG_3266.JPG
Just snapped this photo recently and realized it features the tower....any thoughts on what will happen? I assume it'll stay and become one of those "hidden references to the old days".

roj2323

Has there been any timetable as to when the tower will be removed? Heading there in July...

Not that I've heard but If I had to guess it will be sometime in April / may that it comes down. It's likely to be the same crew bulldozing the rest of the back half of the park.

Last edited:

anchorman314

I just got an email from The Disney Store advertising their latest limited release t-shirt. I'll give you two guesses as to what it features, and the first one doesn't count.......

[Obligatory space to give you time to change your answer of 'Catastrophe Canyon'.]

Yup. It's the Earffel Tower! "Celebrate the happiest icon on the horizon at Disney's Hollywood Studios with our Earffel Tower Tee, available for a limited time only! Never forget, it all started with a Mouse!" It's available today through April 3rd. (Perhaps an indication of demolition day being April 4th?)

This has to be the troll-iest of all troll jobs by Disney's marketing division. At least the Horizons and 20,000 Leagues tees were done as anniversary tees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom