E:E news update

EpcotServo

So far, all we know is that it's like that one episode of The Venture Brothers...

:lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yep exactly. Foundation problems have been thrown around as well. I'm no engineer, but I know there are all kinds of problems involved in high stress bearing foundations. I would think material problems or installation problems could become a major issue there. And as you say, fractures in steel or fastners problems. They happen often enough in aviation, and if it goes on there, with all their manufacturing controls, it could very well happen here.

Of course, the problem could also be something totally unrelated to anything serious in design/manufacturing/installation. Such as, AK has no budget until xx xx 2008/2009 to replace the part that is currently causing it to be down.
huh, speaking of, I had to be routed to another plane last September since the plane i was boarding had a "soft" spot on the side of the fuselage that the baggage loader noticed. NICE! It looked like a small dent in an apple.

So far, all we know is that it's like that one episode of The Venture Brothers...

:lol:
That is the interesting thing. We can speculate what the problem is, I just want to know if it is something not related to the yeti himself mechanically, and it is something foundation related, how in the world are they going to fix that with a mountain on top of it?

This thread would be sooo much more interesting with pictures. Any CM want to risk there job and get pics of the foundation, body etc for us. :D pretty please.

iellis14

Original Poster
While I doubt this is nothing more than third hand hand information from a front line CM we have heard form multiple reliable sources that the Yeti has experienced what could only be described as a major structural failure. Let us just say for the sake or argument the number of trains on E:E was increased form 4 to 5 and that is what facilitated the mechanical failure of the Yeti. From an engineering perspective that idea is not all that far fetched. Of course that is predicated on the Yeti having to increase the number of times it cycles per hour relative to the increase in the number of trains.

Maybe there is a piece of the equation that I am missing but If 5 trains go around the course in the same time that 4 would have Yeti would have to cycle 1 more time. While the Yeti might be physically be able to recharge and cycle that fast it does not mean that all the parts can handle the extra heat built up in the joints from increasing the number of cycles per hour. While 1 more cycle does not sound like much it is in fact a 25% increase what it was previously doing. When you are dealing with something as cutting edge as the Yeti a 25% increase in stress is a huge leap.

thank you finally somebody is "Comprehending". once again it was not the 5 trains that disabled the yetti. It was the excessive abuse to him.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This thread would be sooo much more interesting with pictures. Any CM want to risk there job and get pics of the foundation, body etc for us. :D pretty please.

LOL :lol:

If it is foundation related, it has to be looking bleak for us ever getting the Yeti back. The fact they have been running EE for over 6 months now with zero A mode time suggests they dont really see it as a priority. Unfortunately a lot of guests are happy with "just" a coaster, and they dont really care whether there is a top notch AA at the end of it. For those of us that were lucky enough to see it working properly, its just painful to see it in the current state. For those fans who took in all the media push about the incredible AA, and have never got to actaully see it work, it must be even more frustrating.

KeeKee

Do we know whether the Yeti is male or female and whether that might have something to do with it?

Just sayin'...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
thank you finally somebody is "Comprehending". once again it was not the 5 trains that disabled the yetti. It was the excessive abuse to him.

Have a read of http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3120449&postcount=46
You'll notice that running 5 trains is irrelevent. The AA would simply not run if the 5th train was in position and the cycle time had not been completed. More often than not, when the 5 trains were running, only 4 of the 5 trains would see the yeti. Thefore the 5th train made absolutely no difference to the number of cycles that the yeti performed.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

If it is foundation related, it has to be looking bleak for us ever getting the Yeti back. The fact they have been running EE for over 6 months now with zero A mode time suggests they dont really see it as a priority. Unfortunately a lot of guests are happy with "just" a coaster, and they dont really care whether there is a top notch AA at the end of it. For those of us that were lucky enough to see it working properly, its just painful to see it in the current state. For those fans who took in all the media push about the incredible AA, and have never got to actaully see it work, it must be even more frustrating.
This is what scares me the most. I do not want the B mode to become the new A mode. I can only hope that if and when E:E goes down for some sort of scheduled refurb whatever is wrong with the yeti is fixed.

It might be a good idea to start the letters and emails now.

iellis14

Original Poster

The reason that there have been A mode for 6 months is becuase. "HE BORKEN".

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The reason that there have been A mode for 6 months is becuase. "HE BORKEN".

Yes we know that - and I assume you mean "He is broken".

I was pointing out that it hasnt been running for 6 months, and has yet to be repaired. This would indicate it is not a high priority in management's eyes.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This is what scares me the most. I do not want the B mode to become the new A mode. I can only hope that if and when E:E goes down for some sort of scheduled refurb whatever is wrong with the yeti is fixed.

It might be a good idea to start the letters and emails now.

Yeah it would be such a shame for that AA to sit there in it's current state. Hopefully sooner or later we will get some concrete facts on what has gone on with it. That should give us a much better idea of what the issue is.
At one point it was suggested by some informed people that a lot of the engineering crew who were maintaining the yeti had moved over to TSM to look after things there. This then coincided with the extended downtime.

aurora1982

Wow! I know irony is supposed to be a British thing, but I really think the "HE BORKEN" statement was supposed to be ironic, commenting on the uselessness of all information that has come out of this thread - fake CM reports and a load of technical jargon when nobody has a clue what the actual problem is.

wvdisneyfamily

We saw the strobe effects on our last ride in June. That was the first time I saw them. The other times we rode during our trip, I didn't see them. However, I remember talking to my husband about how the Yeti seemed to be working differently than it did in 2007 and in 2006.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Wow! I know irony is supposed to be a British thing, but I really think the "HE BORKEN" statement was supposed to be ironic, commenting on the uselessness of all information that has come out of this thread - fake CM reports and a load of technical jargon when nobody has a clue what the actual problem is.

I dont think so. He was the original poster who was claiming he knew exactly what the problem is.

Scar Junior

Clearly Alanis Morisette is spinning in her grave right now...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah it would be such a shame for that AA to sit there in it's current state. Hopefully sooner or later we will get some concrete facts on what has gone on with it. That should give us a much better idea of what the issue is.
At one point it was suggested by some informed people that a lot of the engineering crew who were maintaining the yeti had moved over to TSM to look after things there. This then coincided with the extended downtime.
Let us hope that is the only reason for the extended down time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom