DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

jt04

true, Westside has always seemed slow. I can't stand the stores, they are sooooo boring.

Thats what is so funny to me. They have a struggling west side, so they decide to turn PI into nothing more than an extension of the Westside.

Somewhat fun dining with lame niche stores. (if you're part of the niche you will obviousely not find the store to be lame) This is why I have hope for the advclub. With this format includes forms of entertainent (cirque, disneyquest, HoB, AMC) PI area needs entertainment too. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's getting entertainment. Starting here....

http://wdw1.wdpromedia.com/media/wdw...ridiso_998.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
true, Westside has always seemed slow. I can't stand the stores, they are sooooo boring.

Thats what is so funny to me. They have a struggling west side, so they decide to turn PI into nothing more than an extension of the Westside.

Somewhat fun dining with lame niche stores. (if you're part of the niche you will obviousely not find the store to be lame) This is why I have hope for the advclub. With this format includes forms of entertainent (cirque, disneyquest, HoB, AMC) PI area needs entertainment too. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
I would tend to agree. MP has a good mix of Disney owned stores and third party stores and restaurants that have a Disney feel to them and it is always packed. On WS you are almost in a Disney free zone and the place it rarely busy. You would think that if they wanted more traffic on WS they would look to the example set at MP Disneyfy WS a bit more.

jt04

I would tend to agree. MP has a good mix of Disney owned stores and third party stores and restaurants that have a Disney feel to them and it is always packed. On WS you are almost in a Disney free zone and the place it rarely busy. You would think that if they wanted more traffic on WS they would look to the example set at MP Disneyfy WS a bit more.

I think it will. They have had many years to get "Marketplace" just right. It's going to take time to bring the other 2/3 of DTD up to par. But it will happen.

By the way, the official Disney "37" web site indicates it is in the "Westside" even though it is being placed smack in the middle of the island formerly known as PI. Typo or foreshadowing? You decide.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/downtown-disney/dining/paradiso37/

NMBC1993

I think it will. They have had many years to get "Marketplace" just right. It's going to take time to bring the other 2/3 of DTD up to par. But it will happen.

Well they better get a move on, with the stores are dropping like flies, WS and PI are going to be twins soon. Except PI would still have people in the buildings from time to time:animwink:

jt04

Well they better get a move on, with the stores are dropping like flies, WS and PI are going to be twins soon. Except PI would still have people in the buildings from time to time:animwink:

You are right, they will probably just bulldoze 'em for a DVC. :rolleyes:

MKCP 1985

By the way, the official Disney "37" web site indicates it is in the "Westside" even though it is being placed smack in the middle of the island formerly known as PI. Typo or foreshadowing? You decide.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/downtown-disney/dining/paradiso37/

That same web page also says "Paradiso 37 is a new waterfront dining spot opening soon at Downtown Disney Pleasure Island." But you are right - its location is described in two places on that web page as "West Side"

edit: If you want a typo, check out the restaurant description, also on the same web page: "Paradiso 37 features an international wine bar and a one of a kind tequila tower bar with more than 50 kinds of tequila and a selcetion of signature frozen margaritas." Selcetion? :lookaroun

The Disney Village DVC...:lookaroun

Damnit, it works!:lol:
Isn't that what Saratoga Springs is? :)
But if you mean putting the rooms literally in the Downtown Disney market place, then yeah, that worked out okay for the Boardwalk, didn't it? But I fear the extra parking requirements would make getting in and out of Downtown Disney even more of a hassle.

hwdelien

I walked down the West side last May for the first time in a while, it was so dead. No one in the magic shop or the magnet store. Heck I didn't even see a DVC booth on the West Side.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
a Stitch themed DVC!!
Dude, LAY OFF THE STITCH.
Seriously, all you talk about is adding Stitch to EVERYTHING!
Obviously you're the minority. There are maybe two or three people on this board who want more Stitch in the parks. Just give it a rest.

tirian

Dude, LAY OFF THE STITCH.
Seriously, all you talk about is adding Stitch to EVERYTHING!
Obviously you're the minority. There are maybe two or three people on this board who want more Stitch in the parks. Just give it a rest.

It was sarcasm.

Obviously.

Really obviously.

Captain Chaos

Well, since Stitch hosts his own dance show in Magic Kingdom... And since it is such a rousing success in TDO's eyes, pictures and videos show otherwise, then the logical step is STITCH'S DANCE PALACE!!!! Yep, the rebirth of PI will include this new, innovative dance club, complete with space aged music (all Miley Cyrus, all the time) and CGI images of a dancing Elvis Stitch!!!!

markc

add this to the doom and gloom of Downtown Disney - rumor is that Planet Hollywood will be shutting down their store on the west side in the coming month, and consolidating it with the restaurant store (which essentially sells the same stuff) that currently is housed outside of their building. Just heard this today. Apparently they want to shut it down before the end of their second quarter (which is the end of June, as their fiscal year ends in December).

Cant say that I'm surprised - that store was never packed, and rarely did I ever see anybody purchase anything there. If this does go, and Starbilia's goes as well (as rumored), its going to be a very empty West Side.

CaptainMichael

add this to the doom and gloom of Downtown Disney - rumor is that Planet Hollywood will be shutting down their store on the west side in the coming month, and consolidating it with the restaurant store (which essentially sells the same stuff) that currently is housed outside of their building. Just heard this today. Apparently they want to shut it down before the end of their second quarter (which is the end of June, as their fiscal year ends in December).

Cant say that I'm surprised - that store was never packed, and rarely did I ever see anybody purchase anything there. If this does go, and Starbilia's goes as well (as rumored), its going to be a very empty West Side.

45767696.JPG

Ironic that M.A. Pleasure's favorite game was dominoes. :lol:

tirian

I heard that, too. :(

wilsonhanks

Oh, I agree with you that it's obnoxious, but people make comments like that just to get a reaction online.

I think that's a little unfair, there are better ways to get responses out of people.

I do feel that people pick on Stitch a lot though. I know lots of people who really like him.

The post I did about the DTD version of Kim Possible I think would be a really good fit, but it would probable be better if it was based on the fab five, rather than Stitch. :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom