DTD: The hits just keep on coming...

EpcotServo

Let us sing it together then!

Huzzah everyone! Did you hear there is no sampo?
Yeah, that's too bad.
No sampo aye? Bummer.
Let us be gay for he is a d*ckweed!

He failed to bring back the sampo,
Sampo!
And we shall die of starvation,
Sampo!

Failure! Failure!
He is such a failure
Failure! Failure!
One of us is a failure
Failure! Failure!
He is a failure! He's a failure!

He's such a stupid little failure!
He's such a stupid little failure!

He's a failure,
La la la la!
What a loser
La la la!
Total failure, failure, failure,
He's a failure la la la la!

La la he's a failure
He's a loser what a child!
Total failure a failure, failure
He's a failure LA LA LA LA!

Okay that's great, everyone please disperse!

:lol: :sohappy:

jt04

I find your definition of "failed" curious at best. It suggests that anything that doesn't last forever (or as long as it possibly could have) is a failure. So the restaurant in my town that just closed after a 62 year run should be considered a failure. And mayor who didn't win re-election to his fifth term -- also a failure. And the Boeing 727, because they no longer make them. And Kiddieland in the next town over, the amusement park that will close after 80 years of operation this fall -- a failure. Odd.

Now, if what you actually meant to convey is that you believe things that close earlier than planned are by definition failures, that, at least, I understand. And then we can hypothesize about whether the attractions you mentioned closed earlier than planned.

Dude, it's all a joke. Lighten up. Well most of it anyway. OK, I was joking a couple times. But 20K really is a retention pond now.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Dude, it's all a joke. Lighten up. Well most of it anyway. OK, I was joking a couple times. But 20K really is a retention pond now.

Well, as Travis pointed out, it really isn't, but that's not what I was contesting. However, if you are saying that "closed=failed" was meant as I joke, I'm satisfied.

Lee

Adventurer
Well, as Travis pointed out, it really isn't, but that's not what I was contesting.
Ummm...actually...while the site of the former lagoon is not, the area once occupied by the showbuilding is in fact a retention pond. Usually empty, but designed to catch runoff from that area of the property in the event of very heavy rains.
(I think you can see it from the Windows Live shots.)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Ummm...actually...while the site of the former lagoon is not, the area once occupied by the showbuilding is in fact a retention pond. Usually empty, but designed to catch runoff from that area of the property in the event of very heavy rains.

Travis stands corrected! :lol:

tirian

If you're referring to the 20K lagoon, it's also the best place in the MK to watch fireworks when they shoot the perimeters! :D

CBOMB

No just sell it do daft foreigners who claim their next door neighbours aunties grannies hairdresser had a great uncle and was from Scotchland and want a taste of home.
You mean once again those devious Scotsmen have snookered me into investing thousands of dollars into the Glenlivet distillery?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You mean once again those devious Scotsmen have snookered me into investing thousands of dollars into the Glenlivet distillery?

I believe its part of a reciprocal agreement they have with the good folks in Lynchburg and offsetting it against my pounds.

Goofnut1980

Disney management is so dumb they would rather have the whole company go bankrupt than reopen AC.

Not to sound too harsh or mean (because it's not intended that way) but again like someone pointed out.. how does an independently owned store have anything to do with a night club... AC was only accessible with PAID admission to Pleasure Island and not with the FREE DTD marketplace or westside... I do to DTD to shop... and not to drink... honestly I have been to Disney at least 5 times a year since I was 11... so what... 18 years... and I have never ONCE paid to go to PI... so opening something that requires you to be legal drinking age will not SAVE the disney company or dtd from going bankrupt as you say...

CaptainMichael

Not to sound too harsh or mean (because it's not intended that way) but again like someone pointed out.. how does an independently owned store have anything to do with a night club... AC was only accessible with PAID admission to Pleasure Island and not with the FREE DTD marketplace or westside... I do to DTD to shop... and not to drink... honestly I have been to Disney at least 5 times a year since I was 11... so what... 18 years... and I have never ONCE paid to go to PI... so opening something that requires you to be legal drinking age will not SAVE the disney company or dtd from going bankrupt as you say...

So, what's your point exactly?:shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

So, what's your point exactly?:shrug:

It was reply to an enigma...it requires no point.

DisneyChik17

The way I see it is that it is costing moe money now than ever. Renewing permits, liscences, and staying up to code for no revenue is a waste. They either need to tear it down, which I would rather them not because I want to go down for my 21st and enjoy it, if I can, or reopen it, which I hope they do. You may not have paid to go there, but many did and many will again if they get the chance.

NMBC1993

The way I see it is that it is costing moe money now than ever. Renewing permits, liscences, and staying up to code for no revenue is a waste. They either need to tear it down, which I would rather them not because I want to go down for my 21st and enjoy it, if I can, or reopen it, which I hope they do. You may not have paid to go there, but many did and many will again if they get the chance.

I agree, I would pay to have it re-opened again. They are losing so much money just leaving the club closed meanwhile having to keep everything up to code. Plus with all these buildings closing, I can see Harley-Davidson or Curl closing soon because there just isn't anything in the area to draw them in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom