Driving from IN, gas shortage in Atlanta??

sksowell

I just saw somethings on the news about Gas shortage in Atlanta, we are driving down to Disney on Saturday from Indiana. Is this affecting any other places specifically Kentucky, Tenn, other areas of GA besides Atlanta, or FL? We will be driving down 65 then crossing over to 75. Thanks for any info you can provide.

firedog31

Not sure if this will help you or not but I have heard areas in both north and south carolina are having problems with gas. This was word of mouth so I am not sure if it is true but you never know:shrug:

Upvote 0

shoes

gas

I too am driving down from Indiana (Evansville) tomorrow. We were wondering the same thing. I really can't see it being that bad.
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

jakeman

I was in Atlanta all last week on Business and gas seemed to be okay. Some stations had run out of various types, but I didn't see any station that were completely dry.

Upvote 0

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
We have many many many gas stations that are without gas right now. "They" say (who ever they are) that we should be feeling some sort of normalcy by this weekend.

It has been on the news that Nashville and other parts of TN and parts of the Carolina's are w/out gas at some stations as well. I don't think FL was effected, but we don't get alot of news out of FL here in Atlanta either.

They've just this week let up on the restrictions in GA that they put on the gas for being a special "winter" blend that cuts down on the emissions so they can get the gas out faster.

Not sure this helps answer your question, but hope it helps.

Upvote 0

abbeysmom

Since I live in Atlanta I feel I can answer this question.. Yes, there are ALOT of stations out of gas. Personally I would fill up before you get to Georgia and then hope for the best. When you get to 1/2 I would also fill up just to make sure. Hubby counted 16 stations with gas yesterday and 14 without gas on his way in to work. If gas is delivered people are having to wait 20-30 minutes at the pumps to get it. Supposedly this should be ok by next week but time will tell.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

It is really out of hand! Some stations will have gas and then be out by the end of the day. People are acting crazy and filling everything they can find: car, gas cans, milk jugs (just kidding) - but it is causing a frenzy and sporadic outages. Take the earlier advice and be sure to start looking for gas well before you are close to empty!

We will be driving down Saturday morning! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DISMOM

I live 80 minutes east of Evansville and have drove the trip plenty of times. The Louisville tv stations were reporting that Bohling Green, Ky, had plenty of gas. It is located on I65. They said the Nashville area is iffy. Can you carry a gas can with you, filled up?

Upvote 0

sksowell

Original Poster
Thanks for your comments, the media tends to blow things up so i wanted to get an idea of how things are from people who live there. Sounds like we will be ok if we fill out outside the big cities.

Upvote 0

shoes

gas

The old (06) Odyssey gets pretty good mileage, but I won't chance anything. I will stop whenever the wife decides it's time to "go", which is about ever 3 hrs'.
Thanks!!!

1 MORE DAY!!!!

Upvote 0

Wilt Dasney

The problems around here (I live an hour outside Atlanta, and saw one station with gas on my 48 mile RT commute yesterday) are being blamed on environmental restrictions that affect what can be sold here, as another poster said, combined with the fact that finding gas is so sporadic that people descend on stations like locusts whenever they see a place selling it. The regulations have been waived until next month, so hopefully things will ease up a lot. I would say start looking for gas around a 1/4 tank if you need it anywhere in north GA, and you should be fine.

Upvote 0

knnyrobb

We live in Chattanooga TN. We are starting to see gas shortages..and there are several stations near us with No gas at all. My Sister just now called around to several places just to find a place for her husband to fill up so he can make it to work

Upvote 0

mickeyismyhero

The funny thing about that is the news always blows things up and there not as bad as they seem sometimes.But i would take a gas can just in case.I live in Delaware and things seem ok here but who knows things change so much.I am driving down in dec. So i am watching gas prices so i know how much i need for gas.Most of your gas usage will be going up the hills or mountains depends where you are from as to what you call them lol.But i agree with who ever said when you get to 1/2 fill it up cause you never know I wouldnt worry about it until you get close to where you know there is a issues with it though cause other wise you will be forever in a year tring to get there.Enjoy you trip!:)

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

It is really bad in parts of NC & SC. The media is not blowing it up. If you can find any gas at all there are hour + waits with limits of 10 gallons. People are figting over it and it is causing major traffic jams with people running out of gas waiting. :brick:

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

It is really out of hand! Some stations will have gas and then be out by the end of the day. People are acting crazy and filling everything they can find: car, gas cans, milk jugs (just kidding) - but it is causing a frenzy and sporadic outages. Take the earlier advice and be sure to start looking for gas well before you are close to empty!

We will be driving down Saturday morning! :sohappy:
We're on I-75 an hour north of Knoxville. We've had plenty of gasoline here, though there was a run on gas stations right before Ike hit. The local TV news predicted gas shortages and everyone rushed to the stations and filled up all at once. Crazy and unnecessary.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

There are no gas shortages in WV. However, we may be causing gas shortages in VA, KY, and OH as gas is about 46 cents cheaper in all of those places than it is here. :eek:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom