Drinking in WDW

My big question is to know how to gauge if someone is drunk or not? In most of the US, drunk is a beer, or a glass of wine, or a shot! I know that is to operate a machine. But what one person drinks compared to another is hard to know. I for one many years ago could finish a 5th with no sign of it to friends and another friend could not drink a full beer without being a pain in the a__. I find it funny that most people say not at MK because there are kids, but anywere else is fine. Maybe we should allow drugs, smoking, s_x and tattoes in all the other parks because kids should learn by seeing how not to act!!!!:hammer:

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! What's wrong with tattoos?:shrug:
Sorry there is nothing wrong with tattoos, drinking, & s_x just not in front of the kids! To me Disney is just a place to go and relax. And not have to explain to the kids this is not the way to act when you get older. Life is hard enough for kids let alone the peer pressers and then going on vacaation to the parks and be told wellthats fine for some but only with a limit. Children do not understand limits.

danpam1024

Sorry there is nothing wrong with tattoos, drinking, & s_x just not in front of the kids! To me Disney is just a place to go and relax. And not have to explain to the kids this is not the way to act when you get older. Life is hard enough for kids let alone the peer pressers and then going on vacaation to the parks and be told wellthats fine for some but only with a limit. Children do not understand limits.

Wow:eek:! DH says sounds like you need to get inked, laid, and have a drink:lol:! My kid understands limits, he also understands everyone has things about them that are unique and doesn't judge people by appearances. Beer, kisses, tattoos, or purple hair will never spoil my family's vacation!

worldfanatic

Is there anything more fun than drinking at WDW???

My wife and I are in our early-30's, no kids, and love having adult beverages at WDW. We travel with another couple in their 30's as well and we often lament that there are not enough bars at WDW that stay open very late. Granted, we understand that most of the guests are families with children that are in bed by 10 after a long day in the parks, but it would be nice if there were more nightlife for the childless adults! We like to stay at CBR because the pool bar stays open most nights weve been there until at least midnight...

With Pleasure Island closed, the late evening options for drinking are certainly limited.
Fortunately, the Epcot resort area (BW, BC, YC, Swan & Dolphin) are right next to Atlantic Dance, Jellyrolls and ESPN Club. All of which remain open late on most nights.
Just another reason this area is my favorite in the World. :sohappy:

Momarazzi

Personally I'm not a big drinker and if I never drank another alcoholic drink in my life, that would be fine. I can take it or leave it.

I don't care if you drink in WDW. It's your vacation and you should enjoy it. If that involves drinking, go for it! As long as you aren't harming me or my children (or anyone else, really), do what you want. :)

Jennifer

toystorymaniacs

So people with tattoos shouldn't be allowed in Disney? That would rule out half my church :ROFLOL:.

durangojim

So people with tattoos shouldn't be allowed in Disney? That would rule out half my church :ROFLOL:.

Lets not all pile on and turn this into a witch hunt. I doubt the OP meant any offense, so why not leave it at that.

Personally I don't want to see drunks at WDW regardless what they look like, but almost as bad are people who don't bathe. Combine the two and you have a stinky drunk -- my least favorite person. However if you can handle your alcohol, EPCOT is about the best place to drink becuase there's not much harm that can be done and you have free transportation just about everywhere at the resort.

Scooter

I say it's your vacation...do what you WANT to do. Just behave when doing it.

It seems like an expensive place to get drunk though to me.

Personally, Drinking at Walt Disney World seems weird and unnatural to me.

I don't go to my local bar to watch Disney cartoons on big screen TV's.
I don't go to Disney World to drink.

2 differant entities.
Just thinking our loud.
Scooter:)

Rabflmom

I totally agree!
I am a beer fan and in 95 degrees, beer tastes 10 times better. :slurp:
Sometimes even two or three!

Doesn't help with hydrating the body in the heat though. Heard one dad went in a wave pool holding a child and passed out in the water. Guards had to rescue both. Paramedics said heat related and that he had been drinking beer and not water to cool off.

krueg66

With Pleasure Island closed, the late evening options for drinking are certainly limited.
Fortunately, the Epcot resort area (BW, BC, YC, Swan & Dolphin) are right next to Atlantic Dance, Jellyrolls and ESPN Club. All of which remain open late on most nights.
Just another reason this area is my favorite in the World. :sohappy:

Yeah, we spend many nights watching a game at ESPN, then head over to Jelly Rolls or Atlantic. The cover at Jelly Rolls, as well as the prices are getting out of control. Atlantic has always been dead but we hang out on the deck...

I want to check out Kimono's next trip...sing some karaoke!!! Ever been?

Someone else talked about how expensive it is to drink at WDW and that is true, we just budget for it. No kids so instead of diapers, toys and food we have more money for frosty adult beverages!

krueg66

Doesn't help with hydrating the body in the heat though. Heard one dad went in a wave pool holding a child and passed out in the water. Guards had to rescue both. Paramedics said heat related and that he had been drinking beer and not water to cool off.

Rookie mistake!

dznygirl64

Wow:eek:! DH says sounds like you need to get inked, laid, and have a drink:lol:! My kid understands limits, he also understands everyone has things about them that are unique and doesn't judge people by appearances. Beer, kisses, tattoos, or purple hair will never spoil my family's vacation!
Nothing wrong with tatoos as long as you are a pirate and looks like one of you are:ROFLOL:Do you prefer Rum.Kidding aside I feel funny drinking on property feel like Walt is watching:lookaroun

krueg66

Personally I'm not a big drinker and if I never drank another alcoholic drink in my life, that would be fine. I can take it or leave it.

I don't care if you drink in WDW. It's your vacation and you should enjoy it. If that involves drinking, go for it! As long as you aren't harming me or my children (or anyone else, really), do what you want. :)

Jennifer

Exactly. We love to drink, but we also don't want to effect your good time with your family!!!

sidebar:

It always bothers me why some want to limit what other adults do for the sake of their children...how sheltered a life do these kids lead where they never see or hear anything bad? Seems to me parents should be able to pull off some old-fashioned parenting when certain situations arise that need to be explained or put in perspective.

DTM93

I am 15, don't like alcohol and will never drink.

But...

I do not mind other people doing it around me as long as they do not get really drunk in WDW. Or drunk anywhere for that matter, especially with me, which has never happened with people with me, thank god.

krueg66

But...

I do not mind other people doing it around me as long as they do not get really drunk in WDW. Or drunk anywhere for that matter, especially with me, which has never happened with people with me, thank god.

Good for you! Never say never but definitely wait for a few more years...

epcotWSC

But...

lol I said the same thing when I was 15. Wait until you get to collage.

Anyway, I'm going next month and I would like to drink around the world. However, last year I got full too quickly and felt crappy the rest of the way because of it. I'm not the kind of person who drinks all that much, so I'm not really used to drinking a whole lot at one shot (my drinking sessions are usually only a couple of beers). I think I'm going to try to space it out and maybe start around lunch time instead of dinner time like last year (we skipped dinner too, that was a bad idea).

Give me a good 10 or 11 hours to get in my 12 drinks. Although IDK if I'll know what to do at World Showcase for that long. Total immersion in each country. We'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom