Drinking in WDW

Mrs.Toad

I hope nobody gets the wrong impression and think:shrug: my post was somehow entitled "A Typical Day At World Showcase Starring Mrs. Toad....come join us"

My post regarded several years, trips, and days spent at WS.

What I mean is....

Disclaimer: The events previously posted did NOT happen in one day at WS.

Well I have seen many drinkers not holding their own very well. To punish the majority for a few peoples actions is not the way it happens in America. I feel if you can not make it a day in the PARKS with out drinking you have a problem!!! I am not saying that you can not have a lounge at the resorts to get a drink at the end of the day. But I have seen people that are baked by noon in the WS. This year we even saw poeple smoking weed out in the no smoking area. No one needs to have their vacation ruined by a beligerant that does not know they are. Lots of poeple think they handle their drinks well but the only thing they do is make sure they are not spilling them. My DW and I refuse to go during the Food and Wine Festival because of the DRUNKS. One year I saw a bunch that looked like they were really toasty and they were going to beat up one of the French workers because they said he called one of them gay, even thought he acted like it, I could not get secutity there fast enough so another man lots bigger then me stepped in and said they best keep moving. I wish that there was a way to have it for the ones that can handle themselves to still have a drink or two but when there are not limits it is hard to do that. Maybe give tickets on you room keys and so many drinks for your trip? Well go ahead and Bash me now!!!!!:fork:

danpam1024

Beer_Chug.gif
Beer_Chug.gif

Beer_Chug.gif
Beer_Chug.gif

Beer_Chug.gif
Beer_Chug.gif

Beer_Chug.gif
Beer_Chug.gif

Drinks are on me in this thread! Everyone take one. :D

I hope those are "Shandys":slurp:. My new favorite WS drink...soooo refreshing!

BTW some drunks are really entertaining...saw one at Jellyrolls last weekend and she was VERY FUNNY!!!

lilclerk

Eh. My boyfriend and I are another couple of those 20-somethings who don't drink out of personal choice and I couldn't care less about alcohol being sold in the parks. As long as people don't go overboard, I don't really see the point in not serving it.
I've honestly never seen anyone, even in Epcot, who had had too much to the point of being obnoxious. There was a guy waiting to watch Illuminations with us who had clearly had enough to drink, but he wasn't doing anything other than talking to us a lot, not being loud or outrageous or anything. Not a problem. :shrug:

I'm not saying there AREN'T people like that, I just haven't seen them.

worldfanatic

I'm not a big drinker in the parks.(Although those slushy cocktails in World Showcase's France pavilion are impossible to pass by.)
But I LOVE the resort lounges. So relaxing. For a people watcher, they provide the perfect place to watch those coming and going. An ideal haven from the frenzy of the parks.

My top 5 resort lounges:

1. Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge
2. Belle Vue lounge at Boardwalk resort
3. Kimonos at the Swan
4. Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge
5. Tambu lounge at the Polynesian

The only resort lounge I can say I was disapointed in was Old Key West's Gurgling suitcase. I know some people like it's intimate size, but I find it too small to find a quiet corner.
There's my 2 cents on drinking in the World. Love this thread!

krueg66

Is there anything more fun than drinking at WDW???

My wife and I are in our early-30's, no kids, and love having adult beverages at WDW. We travel with another couple in their 30's as well and we often lament that there are not enough bars at WDW that stay open very late. Granted, we understand that most of the guests are families with children that are in bed by 10 after a long day in the parks, but it would be nice if there were more nightlife for the childless adults! We like to stay at CBR because the pool bar stays open most nights weve been there until at least midnight...

Philo

I agree that people should know their limits and not get really drunk however, when I get drunk I act in a very different way to how other people might act. Some might call me a 'quiet' drunk in that I generally just relax a lot and become rather passive. Other people get very aggressive / foolish and it's this kind of person you don't want to see.

Having said that - I wouldn't get drunk in WDW because I dont want to feel rough the next day!

oakback

If people really want alcohol, whether or not they sell it in the park will not stop them. I brought in a 3-liter CamelBak, they don't check the contents (it was water). It could easily have been filled with vodka.

Point being, might as well sell it and make money, and keep people happy. If a park doesn't sell alcohol, some patrons may be inclined to go elsewhere.

With regards to people being disruptive, there are some perfectly sober people who should be thrown out of the park, as well as the people who can't control their alcohol intake.

But I LOVE the resort lounges.

If I stay at one resort, can I visit the lounges of other resorts?

krueg66

If people really want alcohol, whether or not they sell it in the park will not stop them. I brought in a 3-liter CamelBak, they don't check the contents (it was water). It could easily have been filled with vodka.

Point being, might as well sell it and make money, and keep people happy. If a park doesn't sell alcohol, some patrons may be inclined to go elsewhere.

With regards to people being disruptive, there are some perfectly sober people who should be thrown out of the park, as well as the people who can't control their alcohol intake.

YEP! That's what we do...travel around and see the bars in all the resorts!!

toystorymaniacs

In 20+ trips to Disney in the last 10 years I have seen one group of drunk people. It was on the bus ride from Epcot to SSR last May a group of 20 something guys who had enjoyed themselves a little to much in WS. The parents in our group did our best to distract the young children in our group and reminded the teens in our group about the importance of responsible drinking when you are of age. It's part of life, you deal wiht it and move on.
Even as a mom of two I enjoy my WDW drinking as much as anyone.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It's a family fun park - No to drinking. Not within the parks, some people do not know their limits and we don't need that in front of children.

I don't think anyone needs a drink that bad that they can't wait until they get maybe to a restaurant or your hotel outside of the parks.

I also like to have a drink but let's keep it out of the parks.

Thanks for listening to my two cents.

Well, it is kept out of one park, MK which one could argue is THE "childrens" park. Beyond that you have the other parks with minimal alcohol available at AK a bit more at Studios and a liberal amount at Epcot.

The number of drunks and subsequent bad behavior is IMHO greatly exaggerated in the parks. While clearly there are children in every park (as well as in PI :rolleyes: RIP), witnessing the consumption of alcohol and the behavior of those who have overindulged is a fact of life. Better to see it for what it is instead of mystifying it. Probably a better lesson pointing to a drunk embarrassing themselves (and saying "do you think it's cool to act like that") is a greater lesson to moderation than any puritanical lecture.

landauh

Two things that is happening more than drunks are:

1. Parents giving under-aged children (yes children, not teenagers) drinks from their margraritas.

and

2. Guests that get heat stroke because they only drink alcohol and skip water (this goes for those that only drink soda and/or sugared drinks and ignore water) in the hot summer days.

Drunks are few, but there are many guests that state that they can't enjoy Disney without a drink.

NOTE: If you are going to drink, include some water in the summertime. The EMTs are very busy this time of year.

KingStefan

YEP! That's what we do...travel around and see the bars in all the resorts!!

Not only that, you can be staying off property, and still come and visit the lounges of all the resorts. Disney is quite content to have you spend your money at their resorts any way they can get you to, whether you're staying on property or not.:lol:

meatloafsfan

I have no real problem with drinking at Disney - especially in the restaurant / lounge areas. I even understand WS (due to the availability of "cultural" drinks). I do think that there are maybe a few too many places in DHS and AK that are serving up beer/wine at counter service restaurants and/or carts.

Of course, then I remember it's American beer and think, "Oh, it's okay to drink flavoured water anytime of day." :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

krueg66

I have no real problem with drinking at Disney - especially in the restaurant / lounge areas. I even understand WS (due to the availability of "cultural" drinks). I do think that there are maybe a few too many places in DHS and AK that are serving up beer/wine at counter service restaurants and/or carts.

Of course, then I remember it's American beer and think, "Oh, it's okay to drink flavoured water anytime of day." :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I always head straight to Canada for some Labatt's when I hit EPCOT...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Canadian Brew!!!

NMBC1993

For me I find it VERY difficult to get drunk at WDW. I had my 21st birthday at PI but before hand I spent the day at Epcot with my mom and the entire day she was saying how on your 21st you'll end your night face in the toilet. That night I met up with my friends and we had a great time. But after the free drinks stopped coming and I had to fend for myself, looking at those prices I swear I was the most sober person at that place by the end of the night. That’s why from then on I met with my friends in the parking lot, cracked open 3 beers and chugged them down before PI opened and later would buy 1 drink later in the evening...which led to a really funny story involving Disney not selling the 5 for 5 passes anymore the day I wanted to buy one. I just know that ticket lady was thinking "How the hell did he get so drunk when PI doesn't open for another 20 minutes?":lol:

durangojim

Two things that is happening more than drunks are:

1. Parents giving under-aged children (yes children, not teenagers) drinks from their margraritas.

and

2. Guests that get heat stroke because they only drink alcohol and skip water (this goes for those that only drink soda and/or sugared drinks and ignore water) in the hot summer days.

Drunks are few, but there are many guests that state that they can't enjoy Disney without a drink.

NOTE: If you are going to drink, include some water in the summertime. The EMTs are very busy this time of year.

Are we talking about sips here or "here honey, have a drink of my margarita becuase you look parched?" If it is the former and not the latter, I'm not sure what the problem is.

durangojim

Anyone remember the "Catwalk Bar" above the Brown Derby at MGM back in the day. Pretty cool place that I wish they would have kept open.

PaulTetul

Im fine with drinking in all parks except the MK...
Why?- I dont wanna see some drunk dude wreck a little kids dream of visitng the castle..
EpcotDrinkingAroundtheworld= EPIC

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom