Drinking in WDW

DisneyLeo18

It's vacation have a drink. Just know your limits and its ok with me.

Although if i was a strict adult i would be worried about disney because they don't ID too often. I was able to buy alcohol when i was 18 without being asked for ID. And i by no means look 21. I don't even look my age now (20). Still i don't drink in the parks only at the hotels. Once had a drink before ToT... didnt end well:shrug:

epcotWSC

My big question is to know how to gauge if someone is drunk or not?

From a 3rd person perspective, it's more just the way the person is acting. If they can walk straight (if not good chance they're drunk), if they're really loud when they normally wouldn't be (most adults don't go yelling and screaming in a theme park), more talkative, maybe doing random stuff, all that goodness. I mean we aren't conducting field sobriety tests here. Say the alphabet forwards and backwards, touch your nose, walk a perfectly straight line, etc. So that's the best gauge most of us have.

1 beer would only get the most light weight people drunk. I'm a fairly light weight (I'll admit) and it takes me 2 for a buzz. I'm not drunk until about 4 (in a short period of time). It all depends on the person. I know people who can drink 7 or 8 and they hardly appear to be drunk at all. Stinks for them, because I spend less money :sohappy:

krueg66

It's vacation have a drink. Just know your limits and its ok with me.

Although if i was a strict adult i would be worried about disney because they don't ID too often. I was able to buy alcohol when i was 18 without being asked for ID. And i by no means look 21. I don't even look my age now (20). Still i don't drink in the parks only at the hotels. Once had a drink before ToT... didnt end well:shrug:

They card much better than in days past...we are in our 30's and get ID'd everytime. Unless it's a bartender we know...

worldfanatic

Yeah, we spend many nights watching a game at ESPN, then head over to Jelly Rolls or Atlantic. The cover at Jelly Rolls, as well as the prices are getting out of control. Atlantic has always been dead but we hang out on the deck...

I want to check out Kimono's next trip...sing some karaoke!!! Ever been?

Someone else talked about how expensive it is to drink at WDW and that is true, we just budget for it. No kids so instead of diapers, toys and food we have more money for frosty adult beverages!

Wife & I love Kimonos!! Both food and drinks. Don't miss it next trip.
I'm wondering if Atlantic Dance is more popular now that Pleasure Island is no longer an option for dancing?

AshaNeOmah

I am 15, don't like alcohol and will never drink.

lol I said the same thing when I was 15. Wait until you get to collage.

Oh man, I don't want to do this because I really like this thread...

I'm usually not the spelling police but that just gives college grads a bad name.

I spent 5 years in a major or mid-major university obtaining my Bachelor's degree. Never repeated a class and finished with a 3.2 in Civil Engineering. Guess what? I wasn't drunk or even drinking a day of those years.

College is used waaayyyy too much as an excuse to dodge responsibility. If anything college should teach you how to accept responsibility.

To David, alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation. I do not partake in the enjoyment, but it is an acceptable act when you are of legal age. Just don't use college and the resulting freedom from 'home' as an excuse to form bad habits!

Sorry if that seemed preachy. I just felt the need to say it...

worldfanatic

This thread would be much more interesting if it hadn't gone down the rabbit hole of "Is drinking OK at Disney World?". I know the initial thread starter did address that question and opened the door.
But nobody's going to change anybody else's mind.
Sure, it's nice to make your feelings known. That's what we do here.
But frankly, I don't give a Damn if you don't think I should drink in the World. I gonna do it anyway. And certainly I don't expect to convince anybody to start drinking in the world if they don't want to. Pointless!
I'd love to talk about what places are fun to drink at WDW. That way, those of us who drink can get some new ideas and possibly give some ideas.

krueg66

Wife & I love Kimonos!! Both food and drinks. Don't miss it next trip.
I'm wondering if Atlantic Dance is more popular now that Pleasure Island is no longer an option for dancing?

We are going to check it out for sure...

I'm just a big fan of going to the parks all day, then heading back to the resort and hanging out at the pool bars until bedtime! That's my biggest complaint with the resorts, the pool bars close SO early! Yacht and Beach doesn't even have a pool bar, WL and Boardwalk closed at 6 when we were there. That's why we are staying at CBR next trip...the bar there is always open late. We meet like-minded adults there too every time...

krueg66

Oh man, I don't want to do this because I really like this thread...

I'm usually not the spelling police but that just gives college grads a bad name.

I spent 5 years in a major or mid-major university obtaining my Bachelor's degree. Never repeated a class and finished with a 3.2 in Civil Engineering. Guess what? I wasn't drunk or even drinking a day of those years.

College is used waaayyyy too much as an excuse to dodge responsibility. If anything college should teach you how to accept responsibility.

To David, alcohol can be enjoyed in moderation. I do not partake in the enjoyment, but it is an acceptable act when you are of legal age. Just don't use college and the resulting freedom from 'home' as an excuse to form bad habits!

Sorry if that seemed preachy. I just felt the need to say it...

Lighten up???

mcjaco

I laugh at the "drinking around the World" game. Disney serves nothing but beer that you can anywhere in the USA. Not very "authentic" if you ask me!

:lookaroun

Sorry, it's the beer snob in me coming out. :kiss:

RyanS

I don't know, I didn't start drinking until my junior year of college. Oddly enough my grades got better when I started drinking and now I'm about to be a Dean's List graduate.

Back to the topic at hand, the absolute best time to be in WDW is definitely during the Food and Wine Festival for obvious reasons. You can also never go wrong with a nice refreshing Kungaloosh! Well, at least you used to be able to have one.

krueg66

I don't know, I didn't start drinking until my junior year of college. Oddly enough my grades got better when I started drinking and now I'm about to be a Dean's List graduate.

Back to the topic at hand, the absolute best time to be in WDW is definitely during the Food and Wine Festival for obvious reasons. You can also never go wrong with a nice refreshing Kungaloosh! Well, at least you used to be able to have one.

I never made it to the Adventurer's Club, really never had any idea of what it was all about either...I'm kinda bummed about that now.

Food and Wine Fest is fantastic...

danpam1024

This thread would be much more interesting if it hadn't gone down the rabbit hole of "Is drinking OK at Disney World?". I know the initial thread starter did address that question and opened the door.
But nobody's going to change anybody else's mind.
Sure, it's nice to make your feelings known. That's what we do here.
But frankly, I don't give a Damn if you don't think I should drink in the World. I gonna do it anyway. And certainly I don't expect to convince anybody to start drinking in the world if they don't want to. Pointless!
I'd love to talk about what places are fun to drink at WDW. That way, those of us who drink can get some new ideas and possibly give some ideas.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
Well said...will you be there in October for the F&W Fest??? It's quite a challenge, you'll need to go on an extra magic hours day! Cheers:wave:

Maybe this is the fifth kingdom---- IndulgeKingdom were all can go and drink, eat and be merry. If they want to enjoy all the adult pleasures of the Kingdom they may all you have to do is be this old and they let you in. Maybe then they can have all things some people find questionable......
Maybe that should be the next topic what things sould Disney allow at IndulgeKingdom:sohappy::sohappy:

dznygirl64

Maybe this is the fifth kingdom---- IndulgeKingdom were all can go and drink, eat and be merry. If they want to enjoy all the adult pleasures of the Kingdom they may all you have to do is be this old and they let you in. Maybe then they can have all things some people find questionable......
Maybe that should be the next topic what things sould Disney allow at IndulgeKingdom:sohappy::sohappy:
They had that it was called Pleasure island and some of the kids got out of hand.

worldfanatic

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
Well said...will you be there in October for the F&W Fest??? It's quite a challenge, you'll need to go on an extra magic hours day! Cheers:wave:

Thanks! I've never been for the F&W Fest. Twice we've left the World just days before it starts. Total Bummer!:brick: My wife's work schedule makes it tough to be away in late September or October.

However, next time we go in September, I'm gonna make sure we stay long enough to experience at least a day of it. It's right up my alley!:slurp::slurp:

dznygirl64

Thanks! I've never been for the F&W Fest. Twice we've left the World just days before it starts. Total Bummer!:brick: My wife's work schedule makes it tough to be away in late September or October.

However, next time we go in September, I'm gonna make sure we stay long enough to experience at least a day of it. It's right up my alley!:slurp::slurp:
F&W fest is great,not sure whats better the beer or the food? OK both

NiarrNDisney

Doesn't help with hydrating the body in the heat though. Heard one dad went in a wave pool holding a child and passed out in the water. Guards had to rescue both. Paramedics said heat related and that he had been drinking beer and not water to cool off.

Well obviously you need to use your head! Drinking beer instead of water
is obviously not the best way to rehydrate (I wasn't saying that)
But I guess there is always some space cadet out there that thinks it is a bright idea.

brucie

I can't afford to get too drunk @ Disney!!:lol::lookaroun

AMEN!!

I will admit, I've reached the age where I know that the crummy next day is not worth the fun I think I'm having the night before.

AGREED spent to much on my trip to be wasting it sleeping off my hangover at a hotel

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom