Dream Disney Resort

What extinct attraction would you like to see in my Magic Kingdom?

• Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • If You Had Wings

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Dreamflight

• Snow White's Scary Adventures

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Adventure Thru Inner Space

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other (Specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Will make those edits to Nature's Wonderland/Rivers of the Frontier!

Before I dive into it later tonight -- is this the final 'part' of Westernland or is there any more to come? Only asking for space constraints.

Nope, Westernland is done. Thank you for being so flexible with it.

@DisneyManOne, I've been contemplating creating a script for my Fantasmic for an early release. I'd like to continue with taking the project land-by-land, but we might be long overdue for a quick attraction or show write-up to even out the flow of postings.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Eh, why not? I have to memorize an entire restaurant menu by Saturday, but here's Fantasmic! :p

It was a little hard writing this, given so much of the show is based around silent scenes beneath music... I suppose you'll have to let your imagination do a lot of the work when reading this. ;)

===========================================================================================================

FANTASMIC!

Narrator: Welcome to Fantasmic! Tonight, our friend and host, Mickey Mouse, will use his vivid imagination to create magical imagery for all to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination - for in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy or an exciting adventure! But beware... Nothing is more powerful than the imagination - for it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. Are the powers of Mickey's incredible imagination strong and bright enough to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey's dream? You are about to find out. For now we invite you to join Mickey and experience Fantasmic! - a journey beyond your wildest imagination...

(As the Rivers of the Frontier come to a blackout, we hear a dim musical cord lingering on the horizon, gradually growing louder and closer as a cloud of pixie dust dances among the shadows. As the music comes to an exhilarating crescendo, a spotlight blasts to the night sky, triumphantly fired in an epic fanfare.)

Chorus: Imagination! (Imagination!)

(Twirling spotlights and color rapidly engulf the stage, all in time with a frantic array of building musical notes.)

Chorus: Dream a fantastic dream!

(With a second fanfare, MICKEY MOUSE appears, audibly amazed by his dream-like surroundings.)

Chorus: Use your imagination!

(With a chuckle, MICKEY conducts the riverfront into a technicolor whirl of dancing fountains and pyrotechnics, all to the inspired theme of "Imagination" - the main theme of the classic Fantasmic! At the conclusion of his "dance," MICKEY treks to the highest point of the island, points one finger in either direction, and blasts a stream of golden sparks from either fingertip. With one final chuckle, MICKEY vanishes, replaced by a mist-screen depiction of the classic "Sorcerer's Apprentice" segment of Fantasia. To a dramatic chorus and thunderous orchestra, Sorcerer Mickey gives commands to a marching slew of living broomsticks. As the broomsticks practically drown the riverfront with water-buckets, Sorcerer Mickey ends the nonsense with an ear-splitting CRACK!, gradually calming his dream into a field of stars, marked by a shooting star passing overhead. Twinkling constellations and comets soar across the mist-screens as an unseen voice sings)

Woman: See it in your mind,
And you can find
In your imagination

(At this moment, WALL-E and EVE soar past among the stars on the mist-screens, a hint of "Define Dancing" playing beneath the classic lyrics)

Woman: Mysteries and magic,
Visions fantastic,
Leading to strange and wondrous dreams.

(WALL-E and EVE soar out of sight, followed by MICKEY, also afloat in space. The relaxed orchestration beneath continues.)

MICKEY: Hey'ya! Wait up, guys!

(MICKEY comes to a halt, amazed to have stumbled upon a field of glowing ice crystals. He scoops the crystals into his hand, bewildered. The glistening crystals float about with the lush instrumental, forming into the shape of Minnie. MICKEY bows to the constellation, offering a dance. The two waltz for only a moment, interrupted by a dramatic change in music - "Minnie" scatters into a "fleeing" field of crystals.)

MICKEY: Where are ya goin'?

(Unwittingly, MICKEY has backed into the sun but - amazingly - is unscathed. Turning around, the sun has suddenly transformed into the iconic opening sunrise of The Lion King. The silhouette of MICKEY looks to the sunrise. Intrigued, he walks toward it.)

MAN: Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba

CHORUS: Sithi uhm ingonyama

(The sunrise - and the mist-screens - parts as the music grows mysterious and exotic, almost as if we have ventured into a dark jungle... Towering trees and tropical flora begin to engulf the stage as tribal drums fill the air...)

==========================================================================================================

I'll start it off at that. Would this be something you guys would be interested in seeing finished? Does it make any sense? I want to know before I continue on with it haha.

===========================================================================================================

AceAstro

Eh, why not? I have to memorize an entire restaurant menu by Saturday, but here's Fantasmic! :p

It was a little hard writing this, given so much of the show is based around silent scenes beneath music... I suppose you'll have to let your imagination do a lot of the work when reading this. ;)

FANTASMIC!

Narrator: Welcome to Fantasmic! Tonight, our friend and host, Mickey Mouse, will use his vivid imagination to create magical imagery for all to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination - for in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy or an exciting adventure! But beware... Nothing is more powerful than the imagination - for it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. Are the powers of Mickey's incredible imagination strong and bright enough to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey's dream? You are about to find out. For now we invite you to join Mickey and experience Fantasmic! - a journey beyond your wildest imagination...

(As the Rivers of the Frontier come to a blackout, we hear a dim musical cord lingering on the horizon, gradually growing louder and closer as a cloud of pixie dust dances among the shadows. As the music comes to an exhilarating crescendo, a spotlight blasts to the night sky, triumphantly fired in an epic fanfare.)

(Twirling spotlights and color rapidly engulf the stage, all in time with a frantic array of building musical notes.)

(With a second fanfare, MICKEY MOUSE appears, audibly amazed by his dream-like surroundings.)

(With a chuckle, MICKEY conducts the riverfront into a technicolor whirl of dancing fountains and pyrotechnics, all to the inspired theme of "Imagination" - the main theme of the classic Fantasmic! At the conclusion of his "dance," MICKEY treks to the highest point of the island, points one finger in either direction, and blasts a stream of golden sparks from either fingertip. With one final chuckle, MICKEY vanishes, replaced by a mist-screen depiction of the classic "Sorcerer's Apprentice" segment of Fantasia. To a dramatic chorus and thunderous orchestra, Sorcerer Mickey gives commands to a marching slew of living broomsticks. As the broomsticks practically drown the riverfront with water-buckets, Sorcerer Mickey ends the nonsense with an ear-splitting CRACK!, gradually calming his dream into a field of stars, marked by a shooting star passing overhead. Twinkling constellations and comets soar across the mist-screens as an unseen voice sings)

And you can find
In your imagination

(At this moment, WALL-E and EVE soar past among the stars on the mist-screens, a hint of "Define Dancing" playing beneath the classic lyrics)

Visions fantastic,

(WALL-E and EVE soar out of sight, followed by MICKEY, also afloat in space. The relaxed orchestration beneath continues.)

(MICKEY comes to a halt, amazed to have stumbled upon a field of glowing ice crystals. He scoops the crystals into his hand, bewildered. The glistening crystals float about with the lush instrumental, forming into the shape of Minnie. MICKEY bows to the constellation, offering a dance. The two waltz for only a moment, interrupted by a dramatic change in music - "Minnie" scatters into a "fleeing" field of crystals.)

(Unwittingly, MICKEY has backed into the sun but - amazingly - is unscathed. Turning around, the sun has suddenly transformed into the iconic opening sunrise of The Lion King. The silhouette of MICKEY looks to the sunrise. Intrigued, he walks toward it.)

(The sunrise - and the mist-screens - parts as the music grows mysterious and exotic, almost as if we have ventured into a dark jungle... Towering trees and tropical flora begin to engulf the stage as tribal drums fill the air...)

==========================================================================================================

I'll start it off at that. Would this be something you guys would be interested in seeing finished? Does it make any sense? I want to know before I continue on with it haha.

I absolutely love Fantasmic! so I would love to see your entire rendition of it! I know it'll be incredible!

spacemt354

Chili's
Expanded (and made more colorful to distinguish it) the Nature's Wonderland Railway as well as Chinatown, French Quarter, Fantasmic, and a Hidden Mickey!
Screenshot (31).png

dream resort.jpg

mickeyfan5534

FANTASMIC!

And you can find
In your imagination

Visions fantastic,

I want more

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
@spacemt354, it looks great! It is incredibly satisfying seeing the western half of the park completed! I should note that the Kingdom Railway will travel counter-clockwise, so Westernland and the dioramas will be the last major thing encountered before returning to Hollywood Boulevard.

Folks, I'll do my best to get more Fantasmic out (by popular demand). The biggest issue is finding time amid my current job and starting a new job this weekend. :p Honestly, once I'm finished training in a week or two, my availability will be MUCH better for armchair Imagineering.

In the meantime, sit tight and stay tuned. I'm just getting started with this expansive project...

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Fantasmic!

1515617663693.png

(The wild jazz of Westernland's French Quarter is our sole entertainment as we look toward the darkened, empty Rivers of the Frontier. The majestic Lewis & Clark Riverboat has since disappeared from sight. Having been queued for just an hour before - the result of a handy-dandy FastPass kiosk - our front row seat to this evening's performance of "Fantasmic!' will truly be an evening for the books. The only thing between ourselves and the river is a wrought iron railing of the real world French Quarter, a la Disneyland's own Rivers of America. Suddenly, the warm voice of our female narrator quiets the Dixieland jazz.)

Narrator: Welcome to Fantasmic! Tonight, our friend and host, Mickey Mouse, uses his vivid imagination to create magical imagery for all to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination - for in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy or an exciting adventure! But beware... Nothing is more powerful than the imagination - for it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. (As the Rivers of the Frontier come to a blackout, a dim musical cord begins to linger on the horizon, gradually growing louder and closer.) Are the powers of Mickey's incredible imagination strong enough and bright enough to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey's dream? You are about to find out. For now we invite you to join Mickey and experience Fantasmic! - a journey beyond your wildest imagination...

(As the musical cord grows into an exhilarating crescendo, pixie dust begins to materialize among the shadows, briefly illuminating parts of the barren stage. With a triumphant fanfare, a single spotlight blasts to the night sky, the stage now awash in a technicolor glow. Over the following CHORUS, twirling searchlights and colored lights swirl about the arena, all in time with a frenzied build of musical notes.)

Dream a fantastic dream!
(A second fanfare. MICKEY MOUSE appears front and center, audibly amazed by his fantastic surroundings.)
Use your imagination!

1515617454538.png

(With a chuckle, MICKEY discovers that - this being his dream - he can control not just the water, but the lights and air around him. To the inspired theme of "Imagination" - the iconic theme of the original "Fantasmic!," MICKEY transforms the entire riverfront into a technicolor whirl of dancing fountains and soaring pyrotechnics, all while colorful designs and figures engulf the stage. As a "grand finale" to the act, MICKEY points one finger in either direction, blasting a stream of golden sparks from either fingertip. With one last chuckle and a shooting star, MICKEY vanishes, replaced by the traditional mist-screens of "Fantasmic!"

SORCERER MICKEY continues the dream-like fantasy, conducting an array of swirling lights, colored fountains and - of course - the marching broomsticks, all to the theme of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." As they do in "Fantasia," the broomsticks become carried away, tossing their water-buckets into the river and subsequently "flooding" Mickey's dream. With a burst of power and shower of stars, SORCERER MICKEY halts the chaos, calming the music into a relaxed refrain... The dream transforms into an interstellar field of stars, marked by a shooting star passing overhead. Twinkling constellations and comets soar past on both the mist-screens and the island.)

Female Soloist: See it in your mind,
And you can find
In your imagination
(WALL-E and EVE soar past, fire-extinguisher at hand, carelessly waltzing among the stars. A hint of "Define Dancing" plays underneath.)
Mysteries and magic,
Visions fantastic,

(WALL-E and EVE soar out of sight, followed by SORCERER MICKEY, also afloat in space. The relaxed orchestration continues as an amazed MICKEY discovers a field of jewel-like ice crystals. The glistening crystals float about in time with the music, forming into the silhouette of MINNIE. MICKEY bows, offering a dance. The two waltz among the stars for only a moment, interrupted by a sudden change in music. MINNIE scatters and vanishes. MICKEY turns, facing the sun. As MICKEY transforms into a black silhouette, the sun itself has transformed into the iconic opening sunrise of "The Lion King." An intrigued MICKEY walks toward the horizon.)

1515619642312.png

MALE VOCALIST: Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba!

(The sunrise fades into the image of BABY SIMBA held aloft by RAFIKI, a kaleidoscope of African designs and animals marching past.

CHORUS: Sithi uhm ingonyama!

(The CHORUS continues the usual "Circle of Life" chant before the music takes a sudden turn for the mysterious... The mist-screens shutter, subsequently revealing the giant figure of KAA of "The Jungle Book" slithering about the island. Towering trees and exotic flora have taken over the stage as the rampant pace of tribal drums fills the air, accommodated by an eerie flute. With an adventurous fanfare, KAA's eyes blast light into the AUDIENCE. The drums grow wilder as a quartet of barges 'cross the water. Tribal designs overwhelm the stage.

Peculiar, muti-patterned MONKEYS perform an exhilarating dance from each barge, each barge portraying a giant, inflatable character: BALOO, SIMBA, PUMBAA, and KING LOUIE. The tribal drums fade in favor of a jazzy, almost Dixieland medley of "I Just Can't Wait to be King," "I Wan'na Be Like You" and lastly, "Hakuna Matata." As PINK ELEPHANTS blare their trunks as trumpets, the island is transformed into a thundering, jungle waterfall where TIMON, PUMBAA, SIMBA and SORCERER MICKEY cross the iconic log-bridge of "Hakuna Matata." Of course, they don't see the dancing PINK ELEPHANTS in close pursuit... Multi-patterned PINK ELEPHANTS appear on the mist-screens as the CHORUS continues...)

CHORUS: Hakuna! Matata!
Hakuna! Matata!
Hakuna! Matata!
Hakuna! Matata!
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

(Heavy metal overwhelms the score as Mickey's dream is taken over by not just PINK ELEPHANTS but HEFFALUMPS & WOOZLES. An electric guitar, bass and drums plunk out the familiar, albeit ominous melody of "Pink Elephants on Parade" mixed with "Heffalumps & Woozles." Frightening, psychedelic imagery of invasive creatures is shown on the mist-screens.)

ROCK VOCALIST: They're black, they're brown, they're up!
They're down, they're in, they're out, they're all about!
They're far, they're near, they're gone, they're here!
They're quick, they're slick, they're insincere!

(The nightmarish imagery continues. SORCERER MICKEY can be seen among the elephants and weasels.)

ROCK CHORUS: Look out!
Look out!

Pachyderm!

They're extra-ordinary, so better be-wary!
Because they come in every shape and size -
Size! Size! Size!

(The nightmare comes to a conclusion with SORCERER MICKEY being hoisted into the air by HEFFALUMP hot-air balloons.)

1515621311357.png

ROCK VOCALIST: They're here! They're there!
Oh no! Look out!
They're everywhere!

(The music abruptly changes to the score of a sweeping western film: "Jessie's in Trouble" of "Toy Story 2" mixed with a hint of "The Magnificent Seven." The stage has since become the western town of "Woody's Round-Up," presented in black-and-white. Black-and-white COWBOY MICKEY stands center, looking around.)

ANNOUNCER: Cowboy Crunchies, the only cereal that's sugar-frosted and dipped in chocolate proudly presents: "Mickey's Finest Hour!"

MICKEY: Well, gosh. That's me!

(Black-and-white WOODY and BULLSEYE run onstage from opposite ends, meeting center.)

WOODY: What is it, Bullseye? What's wrong? (BULLSEYE whinnies and neighs. MICKEY and WOODY watch in horror.) What's that? Jessie and Prospector are trapped in the old abandoned mine?

MICKEY: And Prospector just lit a stick of dynamite thinking it was a candle, and now they're about to be blown to smithereens? (BULLSEYE nods.) Ride like the wind, Bullseye!

(The sweeping score continues as the mist-screens show WOODY galloping atop BULLSEYE, COWBOY MICKEY - also presented in CGI - riding at the rear. BULLSEYE leaps over the Grand Canyon in a stunning display. The mist-screens fade and the stage returns to color. MICKEY, WOODY and BULLSEYE approach the "old abandoned mine," where JESSIE and STINKY PETE appeared bound and tied to a lit barrel of dynamite. MR. POTATO HEAD, aka "ONE-EYED BART" stands atop the island's highest peak.)

MICKEY & WOODY: One-Eyed Bart!

WOODY: You got a date with justice, One-Eyed Bart!

JESSIE: Woody! Mickey! Save us!

POTATO HEAD: Heh-heh-heh! What're you looking at ya hockey puck?

MICKEY: We're looking at you! You've reached the end of the line, Bart!

POTATO HEAD: I always wanted to go out with a bang!

(POTATO HEAD pushes a button, igniting the lit barrel of dynamite into an explosion of water and pyrotechnics. WOODY, MICKEY, STINKY PETE, JESSIE, BULLSEYE and POTATO HEAD all fall in a field of ash and smoke on the mist-screens, clearly disoriented. Our focus returns to MICKEY, now a sorcerer again, who falls with a splash into the foreground of Atlantica. MICKEY swims alongside ARIEL toward the icon of KING TRITON's castle. ARIEL's legendary "Ah-ah-ahs" fill the air as Atlantica fades into the Drop-off of "Finding Nemo." MR. RAY, NEMO, DORY and MARLIN swim past as an instrumental of "Part of Your World" subdues into "Nemo Egg" of Thomas Newman's incredible score. An entire school of manta-rays soar past.

The calm music trickles into the familiar intro of "Under the Sea." SEBASTIAN appears, singing to a delighted SORCERER MICKEY. Colorful fish and sea life dance around with MICKEY on the island and mist-screens.)

1515623879674.png

SEBASTIAN: Hey-hey!
The seaweed is always greener
In somebody else's lake.
You dream about going up there
But that is a big mistake!
Just look at the world around you
Right here on the ocean floor
Such wonderful things around you
What more is you lookin' for?

(GENIE suddenly appears, picking SEBASTIAN up by the shell. Various animated bits of "Friend Like Me" occur over the following as a now-onstage SORCERER MICKEY watches.)

GENIE: Thank you! (GENIE tosses SEBASTIAN aside) I don't think you quite realize whatchu got here. So why don't you just ruminate whilst I illuminate the possibilities? Can your friends do this? (GENIE turns into DONALD)

MICKEY: Well, uh -

GENIE: Can your friends do that? (He turns into GOOFY)

MICKEY: Well look at that!

GENIE: Can your friends pull this? (GENIE pulls his arm and spins into a pinwheel.)
Out their little hat? (The stage is transformed into the neon outline of Agrabah, complete with dancing MONKEYS, CAMELS and ELEPHANTS.)
Can your friends go poof?
Well looky here! (Belly dancers join the dancing creatures. MICKEY does a baffled chuckle.)
Can your friends go abracadabra, let her rip,
And then make the sucker disappear?
You ain't never had a friend like me! Yeah!

(LUMIERE suddenly interrupts from the mist-screen. With a tip of his "hat," he begins a rousing chorus of "Be Our Guest." SORCERER MICKEY, also on the mist-screen, sits in place of BELLE at the table. Throughout, dancing dishware and such are shown in a variety of patterns on the island as the fountains continue to "dance.")

LUMIERE: Ma chere Mickey Mouse, it is with deepest pride
And greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight, so please -
Be our guest, be our guest
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, Mickey,
And we provide the rest -

(The music quickly jumps to the song's finale. This is the most spectacular imagery we've seen yet!)

CHORUS: Course by course, one by one
'Til you shout, "enough I'm done!"
Then we'll sing you off to sleep as you digest
Tonight you'll prop your feet up
But for now, let's eat up
Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest
Please, be our guest!

(An army of teapots and teacups blow the tea from their "noses," once again bringing us beneath the surface where JIMINY CRICKET swims in search of PINOCCHIO. A calm instrumental of "When You Wish Upon a Star" plays underneath. PINOCCHIO is briefly seen before swimming out of sight.)

JIMINY: Pinocchio! We're down here! (Floating past in a bubble, JIMINY uses his umbrella to catch his astray hat from a different bubble.) Wha? Ho, there! (His bubble fills with water and pops. A school of fish scurry past with the voice of the krill from "Finding Nemo.")

FISH: Swim away!

(The music grows suspenseful as MONSTRO the WHALE awakens, frightening JIMINY. The threatening music is almost "JAWS"-like as MONSTRO gives chase, splashing the water and launching with an open-mouth toward us. Just before he can bite, the screens fade to a terrified SORCERER MICKEY caught in a swirling vortex of water.)

MICKEY: Help! Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa! (The darkness consumes MICKEY, showing only his bright eyes engulfed in shadow. He looks around.) Hey, uh - what's goin' on? Uh-oh!

(The music grows louder and more suspenseful as thunder and lightning engulf the stage and screens. A battered ship appears amid the stormy sea, tossed among the waves. In an abrupt silence, a cannon fires. The familiar theme of "Peter Pan" rings out. As if by magic, The Jolly Roger has been transported to the Rivers of the Frontier, rounding a bend in the river.)

1515625768280.png

LOOKOUT: Peter Pan ahoy!

(PAN crows as an EPIC action sequence occurs aboard the deck and masts of the Jolly Roger over the following. PIRATES cheer on HOOK as he engages in combat with PAN, up close and personal. WENDY watches in horror from below, shouting out encouragement. As expected, the GIANT TICK-TOCK CROC follows the boat in close pursuit, ticking the night away with his glowing, yellow eyes.)

HOOK: Swoggle me eyes, it is Pan! Look alive, you swabs!

SMEE: All hands on deck!

WENDY: Oh Peter, do be careful.

HOOK: Come down, boy, if you've a taste for cold steel! (THEY spar. PAN laughs and swings down to the deck.) Blast this hook!

PETER: Whoa, haha!

HOOK: Scurvy brat! (The PIRATES corner-in on PETER)

PIRATES: Going somewhere? Let's string him up! I'm gonna make you walk the plank! I'll feed you to the sharks! Ha-ha!

HOOK: Double the powder and shorten the fuse!

SMEE: Shorten the powder, and double the fuse. (Cannon fires again, causing HOOK to fall with a scream from the ship's rigging.)

WENDY: Oh, how dreadful!

PETER: Watch this, Wendy!

SMEE: Cap'n! Cap'n! (SMEE misses his mark, NOT catching HOOK from his fall. SMEE falls to his knees in sadness. Regardless, HOOK recovers to his feet.)

HOOK: Get up, you idiot!

SMEE: Aye-aye, sir!

HOOK: I'll get you for this, Pan, if it's the last thing I do! (The PIRATES corner-in on PAN once more, this time behind his back.)

WENDY: Fly, Peter! (PAN launches back to the upper rigging. HOOK is furious.)

HOOK: Oh, you blithering blockheads! That cursed Peter Pan!

PETER: I say, Captain, do you hear something? (Both PAN and HOOK notice the CROCODILE swimming in the ship's wake. Frightened, HOOK falls from the back of the ship, suspended by a loose rope.)

HOOK: No! Nooooooo!

PETER: Mr. Crocodile, do you like codfish? You do? (Laughs)

HOOK: Save me, Smee! Save me! Please!

SMEE: I'll save you, Cap'n! (HOOK screams, swinging out of sight) Oh, dear.

This has taken me three hours almost, so we'll return to the rest of the show another day. ;) Thoughts so far?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic!

View attachment 255592

(The wild jazz of Westernland's French Quarter is our sole entertainment as we look toward the darkened, empty Rivers of the Frontier. The majestic Lewis & Clark Riverboat has since disappeared from sight. Having been queued for just an hour before - the result of a handy-dandy FastPass kiosk - our front row seat to this evening's performance of "Fantasmic!' will truly be an evening for the books. The only thing between ourselves and the river is a wrought iron railing of the real world French Quarter, a la Disneyland's own Rivers of America. Suddenly, the warm voice of our female narrator quiets the Dixieland jazz.)

Narrator: Welcome to Fantasmic! Tonight, our friend and host, Mickey Mouse, uses his vivid imagination to create magical imagery for all to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination - for in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy or an exciting adventure! But beware... Nothing is more powerful than the imagination - for it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. (As the Rivers of the Frontier come to a blackout, a dim musical cord begins to linger on the horizon, gradually growing louder and closer.) Are the powers of Mickey's incredible imagination strong enough and bright enough to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey's dream? You are about to find out. For now we invite you to join Mickey and experience Fantasmic! - a journey beyond your wildest imagination...

(As the musical cord grows into an exhilarating crescendo, pixie dust begins to materialize among the shadows, briefly illuminating parts of the barren stage. With a triumphant fanfare, a single spotlight blasts to the night sky, the stage now awash in a technicolor glow. Over the following CHORUS, twirling searchlights and colored lights swirl about the arena, all in time with a frenzied build of musical notes.)

Dream a fantastic dream!
(A second fanfare. MICKEY MOUSE appears front and center, audibly amazed by his fantastic surroundings.)
Use your imagination!

View attachment 255591

(With a chuckle, MICKEY discovers that - this being his dream - he can control not just the water, but the lights and air around him. To the inspired theme of "Imagination" - the iconic theme of the original "Fantasmic!," MICKEY transforms the entire riverfront into a technicolor whirl of dancing fountains and soaring pyrotechnics, all while colorful designs and figures engulf the stage. As a "grand finale" to the act, MICKEY points one finger in either direction, blasting a stream of golden sparks from either fingertip. With one last chuckle and a shooting star, MICKEY vanishes, replaced by the traditional mist-screens of "Fantasmic!"

SORCERER MICKEY continues the dream-like fantasy, conducting an array of swirling lights, colored fountains and - of course - the marching broomsticks, all to the theme of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice." As they do in "Fantasia," the broomsticks become carried away, tossing their water-buckets into the river and subsequently "flooding" Mickey's dream. With a burst of power and shower of stars, SORCERER MICKEY halts the chaos, calming the music into a relaxed refrain... The dream transforms into an interstellar field of stars, marked by a shooting star passing overhead. Twinkling constellations and comets soar past on both the mist-screens and the island.)

And you can find
In your imagination
(WALL-E and EVE soar past, fire-extinguisher at hand, carelessly waltzing among the stars. A hint of "Define Dancing" plays underneath.)
Mysteries and magic,
Visions fantastic,

(WALL-E and EVE soar out of sight, followed by SORCERER MICKEY, also afloat in space. The relaxed orchestration continues as an amazed MICKEY discovers a field of jewel-like ice crystals. The glistening crystals float about in time with the music, forming into the silhouette of MINNIE. MICKEY bows, offering a dance. The two waltz among the stars for only a moment, interrupted by a sudden change in music. MINNIE scatters and vanishes. MICKEY turns, facing the sun. As MICKEY transforms into a black silhouette, the sun itself has transformed into the iconic opening sunrise of "The Lion King." An intrigued MICKEY walks toward the horizon.)

View attachment 255599

(The sunrise fades into the image of BABY SIMBA held aloft by RAFIKI, a kaleidoscope of African designs and animals marching past.

(The CHORUS continues the usual "Circle of Life" chant before the music takes a sudden turn for the mysterious... The mist-screens shutter, subsequently revealing the giant figure of KAA of "The Jungle Book" slithering about the island. Towering trees and exotic flora have taken over the stage as the rampant pace of tribal drums fills the air, accommodated by an eerie flute. With an adventurous fanfare, KAA's eyes blast light into the AUDIENCE. The drums grow wilder as a quartet of barges 'cross the water. Tribal designs overwhelm the stage.

Peculiar, muti-patterned MONKEYS perform an exhilarating dance from each barge, each barge portraying a giant, inflatable character: BALOO, SIMBA, PUMBAA, and KING LOUIE. The tribal drums fade in favor of a jazzy, almost Dixieland medley of "I Just Can't Wait to be King," "I Wan'na Be Like You" and lastly, "Hakuna Matata." As PINK ELEPHANTS blare their trunks as trumpets, the island is transformed into a thundering, jungle waterfall where TIMON, PUMBAA, SIMBA and SORCERER MICKEY cross the iconic log-bridge of "Hakuna Matata." Of course, they don't see the dancing PINK ELEPHANTS in close pursuit... Multi-patterned PINK ELEPHANTS appear on the mist-screens as the CHORUS continues...)

Hakuna! Matata!
Hakuna! Matata!
Hakuna! Matata!
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

(Heavy metal overwhelms the score as Mickey's dream is taken over by not just PINK ELEPHANTS but HEFFALUMPS & WOOZLES. An electric guitar, bass and drums plunk out the familiar, albeit ominous melody of "Pink Elephants on Parade" mixed with "Heffalumps & Woozles." Frightening, psychedelic imagery of invasive creatures is shown on the mist-screens.)

(The nightmarish imagery continues. SORCERER MICKEY can be seen among the elephants and weasels.)

Look out!

Pachyderm!

Size! Size! Size!

(The nightmare comes to a conclusion with SORCERER MICKEY being hoisted into the air by HEFFALUMP hot-air balloons.)

View attachment 255616

Oh no! Look out!
They're everywhere!

(The music abruptly changes to the score of a sweeping western film: "Jessie's in Trouble" of "Toy Story 2" mixed with a hint of "The Magnificent Seven." The stage has since become the western town of "Woody's Round-Up," presented in black-and-white. Black-and-white COWBOY MICKEY stands center, looking around.)

ANNOUNCER: Cowboy Crunchies, the only cereal that's sugar-frosted and dipped in chocolate proudly presents: "Mickey's Finest Hour!"

(Black-and-white WOODY and BULLSEYE run onstage from opposite ends, meeting center.)

WOODY: What is it, Bullseye? What's wrong? (BULLSEYE whinnies and neighs. MICKEY and WOODY watch in horror.) What's that? Jessie and Prospector are trapped in the old abandoned mine?

MICKEY: And Prospector just lit a stick of dynamite thinking it was a candle, and now they're about to be blown to smithereens? (BULLSEYE nods.) Ride like the wind, Bullseye!

(The sweeping score continues as the mist-screens show WOODY galloping atop BULLSEYE, COWBOY MICKEY - also presented in CGI - riding at the rear. BULLSEYE leaps over the Grand Canyon in a stunning display. The mist-screens fade and the stage returns to color. MICKEY, WOODY and BULLSEYE approach the "old abandoned mine," where JESSIE and STINKY PETE appeared bound and tied to a lit barrel of dynamite. MR. POTATO HEAD, aka "ONE-EYED BART" stands atop the island's highest peak.)

(POTATO HEAD pushes a button, igniting the lit barrel of dynamite into an explosion of water and pyrotechnics. WOODY, MICKEY, STINKY PETE, JESSIE, BULLSEYE and POTATO HEAD all fall in a field of ash and smoke on the mist-screens, clearly disoriented. Our focus returns to MICKEY, now a sorcerer again, who falls with a splash into the foreground of Atlantica. MICKEY swims alongside ARIEL toward the icon of KING TRITON's castle. ARIEL's legendary "Ah-ah-ahs" fill the air as Atlantica fades into the Drop-off of "Finding Nemo." MR. RAY, NEMO, DORY and MARLIN swim past as an instrumental of "Part of Your World" subdues into "Nemo Egg" of Thomas Newman's incredible score. An entire school of manta-rays soar past.

The calm music trickles into the familiar intro of "Under the Sea." SEBASTIAN appears, singing to a delighted SORCERER MICKEY. Colorful fish and sea life dance around with MICKEY on the island and mist-screens.)

View attachment 255625

In somebody else's lake.

(GENIE suddenly appears, picking SEBASTIAN up by the shell. Various animated bits of "Friend Like Me" occur over the following as a now-onstage SORCERER MICKEY watches.)

GENIE: Thank you! (GENIE tosses SEBASTIAN aside) I don't think you quite realize whatchu got here. So why don't you just ruminate whilst I illuminate the possibilities? Can your friends do this? (GENIE turns into DONALD)

GENIE: Can your friends pull this? (GENIE pulls his arm and spins into a pinwheel.)
Out their little hat? (The stage is transformed into the neon outline of Agrabah, complete with dancing MONKEYS, CAMELS and ELEPHANTS.)
Well looky here! (Belly dancers join the dancing creatures. MICKEY does a baffled chuckle.)

(LUMIERE suddenly interrupts from the mist-screen. With a tip of his "hat," he begins a rousing chorus of "Be Our Guest." SORCERER MICKEY, also on the mist-screen, sits in place of BELLE at the table. Throughout, dancing dishware and such are shown in a variety of patterns on the island as the fountains continue to "dance.")

(The music quickly jumps to the song's finale. This is the most spectacular imagery we've seen yet!)

Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest
Please, be our guest!

(An army of teapots and teacups blow the tea from their "noses," once again bringing us beneath the surface where JIMINY CRICKET swims in search of PINOCCHIO. A calm instrumental of "When You Wish Upon a Star" plays underneath. PINOCCHIO is briefly seen before swimming out of sight.)

JIMINY: Pinocchio! We're down here! (Floating past in a bubble, JIMINY uses his umbrella to catch his astray hat from a different bubble.) Wha? Ho, there! (His bubble fills with water and pops. A school of fish scurry past with the voice of the krill from "Finding Nemo.")

(The music grows suspenseful as MONSTRO the WHALE awakens, frightening JIMINY. The threatening music is almost "JAWS"-like as MONSTRO gives chase, splashing the water and launching with an open-mouth toward us. Just before he can bite, the screens fade to a terrified SORCERER MICKEY caught in a swirling vortex of water.)

MICKEY: Help! Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa! (The darkness consumes MICKEY, showing only his bright eyes engulfed in shadow. He looks around.) Hey, uh - what's goin' on? Uh-oh!

(The music grows louder and more suspenseful as thunder and lightning engulf the stage and screens. A battered ship appears amid the stormy sea, tossed among the waves. In an abrupt silence, a cannon fires. The familiar theme of "Peter Pan" rings out. As if by magic, The Jolly Roger has been transported to the Rivers of the Frontier, rounding a bend in the river.)

View attachment 255626

(PAN crows as an EPIC action sequence occurs aboard the deck and masts of the Jolly Roger over the following. PIRATES cheer on HOOK as he engages in combat with PAN, up close and personal. WENDY watches in horror from below, shouting out encouragement. As expected, the GIANT TICK-TOCK CROC follows the boat in close pursuit, ticking the night away with his glowing, yellow eyes.)

HOOK: Come down, boy, if you've a taste for cold steel! (THEY spar. PAN laughs and swings down to the deck.) Blast this hook!

PIRATES: Going somewhere? Let's string him up! I'm gonna make you walk the plank! I'll feed you to the sharks! Ha-ha!

SMEE: Shorten the powder, and double the fuse. (Cannon fires again, causing HOOK to fall with a scream from the ship's rigging.)

SMEE: Cap'n! Cap'n! (SMEE misses his mark, NOT catching HOOK from his fall. SMEE falls to his knees in sadness. Regardless, HOOK recovers to his feet.)

HOOK: I'll get you for this, Pan, if it's the last thing I do! (The PIRATES corner-in on PAN once more, this time behind his back.)

PETER: I say, Captain, do you hear something? (Both PAN and HOOK notice the CROCODILE swimming in the ship's wake. Frightened, HOOK falls from the back of the ship, suspended by a loose rope.)

This has taken me three hours almost, so we'll return to the rest of the show another day. ;) Thoughts so far?

A lot of clever ideas! I love it so far! Really does a good job mixing what made the original so beloved with new elements that are good enough to hold up on their own!

Plus! Woody's Round Up! I'm sold!

AceAstro

Fantasmic!

View attachment 255592

Dream a fantastic dream!
Use your imagination!

View attachment 255591

And you can find
In your imagination
Mysteries and magic,
Visions fantastic,

View attachment 255599

Hakuna! Matata!
Hakuna! Matata!
Hakuna! Matata!
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Look out!

Pachyderm!

Size! Size! Size!

View attachment 255616

Oh no! Look out!
They're everywhere!

View attachment 255625

In somebody else's lake.

Be our guest
Be our guest
Be our guest
Please, be our guest!

View attachment 255626

Incredible!! Fantastic is always a hit and I think this one would put it over the top! I think it'd be a great replacement for the one currently at DHS too!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Okay, so far my version of Fantasmic! has been essentially an updated version of the 2.0 show currently playing at Disneyland. After the usual intro, Mickey finds himself among the stars with WALL-E and EVE, followed by a jungle adventure alongside characters from The Lion King and Jungle Book. Afterward, a nightmare filled with heffalumps, woozles and pink elephants ends in an episode of Woody's Round-Up, aptly titled "Mickey's Finest Hour." An underwater excursion thru Atlantica and the Great Barrier Reef leads into a medley of Disney's best showstoppers: "Under the Sea," "Friend Like Me," and "Be Our Guest." As Jiminy Cricket searches for Pinocchio on the ocean floor, Monstro is unwittingly awoken, giving chase to Mickey caught in the midst of a swirling vortex. Fortunately, a surface storm brings us to the world above, recalling the classic Peter Pan segment of the original Fantasmic! in a condensed tribute. What happens next? Stay tuned...

Just an FYI, this is definitely the LONGEST version of the show yet, probably clocking in around 34 - 35 minutes. Don't worry, it's worth every second. You'll have to use your imagination a lot. I really wish there was a way to make a multimedia presentation of this, but that's a task for another day. Thank you all for the kind words thus far.

(As the Jolly Roger and CROCODILE fade from sight downriver, the projected hand of SORCERER MICKEY wields a paintbrush, illustrating a sorcerer's hat over the following. The "happy ending" of many a Disney Character is projected onto the island, from the hug of Anna and Elsa at the end of "Frozen" to Aladdin and Jasmine soaring over Agrabah.)

FEMALE VOCALIST: See it in your mind,
And you can find
In your imagination
Tales of enchantment,
Beauty and romance,
Happily ever after!

1515632334523.png

(The stars and swirls of the sorcerer's hat depart from the stitching, creating a vivid night sky. One-by-one, floating lanterns appear, not just on the island but on the mist-screens as well. The familiar guitar intro of "I See the Light" plays, seguing into a pop rendition of the now-iconic ballad. RAPUNZEL and FLYNN share a small boat in the center of the river, just as they do in the film. BOTH stand, dancing.)

FEMALE POP VOCALIST #1: And at least I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new

FEMALE POP VOCALIST #1 & MALE POP VOCALIST #1: And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted...

(RAPUNZEL and FLYNN remain on the river, sharing a glowing lantern as they sit. The music fades into "Beauty and the Beast" as BELLE and the BEAST come into a sight on a decorative barge. The two waltz.)

MALE POP VOCALIST #2: Tale as old as time,
True as it can be.
Barely even friends,
Then somebody bends,
Unexpectedly.

Certain as the sun,
Rising in the east.

MALE POP VOCALIST #2 & FEMALE POP VOCALIST #2: Tale as old as time,
Song as old as rhyme,
Beauty and the Beast.

(The island now appears to resemble the Temple of Zeus. TEEN HERCULES appears, poised for a journey.)

MALE POP VOCALIST #5: I'll be there someday, I can go the distance
I will find my way if I can be strong
I know every mile would be worth my while
When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong...

(TEEN HERCULES runs off. ARIEL - with fins - joins ERIC on another decorative barge. ERIC dances around her as she flips her tail.)

FEMALE POP VOCALIST #3: What would I give
If I could live
Out of these waters?

MALE POP VOCALIST #3: Dream a fantastic dream!

FEMALE POP VOCALIST #3: Betcha on land,
They understand.
Bet they don't reprimand their daughters.

FEMALE POP VOCALIST #3 & MALE POP VOCALIST #3: Bright young women,
Sick of swimmin'...

FEMALE POP VOCALIST #3: Ready to stand!

MALE POP VOCALIST #3: Ready to stand!

(Finally, SNOW WHITE and PRINCE FERDINAND appear on their own barge, also dancing.)

FEMALE POP VOCALIST #4: Someday, my prince will come.

MALE POP VOCALIST #4: Someday, we'll find true love.

(Amazingly, the island is transformed to Notre-Dame Cathedral. QUASIMODO takes the place of HERCULES.)

MALE POP VOCALIST #6: Out there
Strolling by the Seine
Taste a morning out there
Like ordinary men
Who freely walk about there
Just one day and then
I swear I'll be content
With my share
Won't resent
Won't despair
Old and bent
I won't care
I'll have spent
One day
Out there!

(QUASIMODO looks to the horizon. RAPUNZEL and FLYNN return to view before sailing out of sight.)

FEMALE POP VOCALIST #1: All at once everything is different...
Now that I see you...

Now that I see you...

(RAPUNZEL releases the lantern as their boat sails into darkness. Once more, the music grows ominous. The HEROES have vanished and we are left with the EVIL QUEEN of "Snow White."

1515633008533.png

QUEEN: Slave in the magic mirror, come from the farthest space! Through wind and darkness, I summon thee. Speak! (A crack of thunder. The frame of the MAGIC MIRROR appears.) Let me see thy face! (The MIRROR's face appears, as originally voiced by Tony Jay.)

MIRROR: Famed is thy beauty, Majesty. But hold: lovelier maids I see. And here, in Mickey's imagination, beauty and love will always supplieth.

QUEEN: No! (The music swells as the QUEEN begins to conjure a spell from her bubbling cauldron.) A magic spell in the black of night! With a scream of fright! (A terrible scream rings out) And a bolt of light! Turn my hair to white... (Trickling strings and a foreboding fanfare signal the QUEEN's transformation - right in front of us - into the OLD HAG. SHE cackles.) Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare fantasmic! Imagine this! Hahahaha! (MICKEY, fast asleep in his bed, suddenly appears floating in the MIRROR.) Magic mirror, on the wall, all the forces of evil I call... Hahahaha! (MICKEY awakens, frightened, as evil shadows materialize in the mirror and on the island.)

MIRROR: (Reappears, fading over a screaming MICKEY) You have the power...

QUEEN: (Fading over the face of the MIRROR) To control his mind... (SHE cackles, transforming into URSULA)

URSULA: Oh yes! How exciting! Let's do it! (URSULA laughs as a number of "poor unfortunate souls" look up in horror from the island and mist-screens. The music swells into "Poor Unfortunate Souls." Flotsam and Jetsam zip past on the riverfront, their eyes aglow.) Hello!
(Sings) I admit that in the past, I've been a nasty.
They weren't kidding when they called me, well, "a witch."
(Spoken) Ursula will take matters into her own tentacles. Ha! Mickey Mouse's mind will be mine! (MICKEY, composed of sludge and filth, appears frightened in the frame of the mirror, harassed by a pair of claw-like sludge-arms. URSULA returns.) To belong to me...to obey my every whim! Why not? Let's do it!

(With a sudden blast of smoke, the island is ignited into the nightmarish casino of OOGIE BOOGIE. MICKEY, bizarrely dressed in Jack Skellington's black-and-white-striped suit appears, utterly confused. OOGIE stands at the highest point of the island, utterly amused. Like MICKEY, OOGIE's mouth moves with the dialogue. He dances with MICKEY over the following, along with a dance ensemble of neon skeletons and spiders.)

MICKEY: Uh, where am I? W-What am I wearing? (Sees OOGIE) Who are you?

OOGIE: Why I'm 'lil ole' Oogie Boogie, of course! Just the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright! And - (Sings)
When Mr. Oogie Boogie says
There's trouble close at hand
You'd better pay attention now
'Cause I'm the Boogie Man!
(Spoken) Heh-heh-heh! Are you a gambling mouse, Mickey? Let's play!

MICKEY: Gosh, uh, I'm not too sure about this.

OOGIE: One roll of the dice outta do it! Heh-heh! (OOGIE tosses die. The now-giant die reappear as snake eyes at the top of the island.) What?! Snake eyes?! (OOGIE jumps on the ground. The die flip to reveal "eleven.") Eeeeeeeleven! Looks like I won the jackpot! It's - (DR. FACILIER interrupts from the mist-screen, OOGIE's voice doubling FACILIER for a moment.)

FACILIER: Dr. Facilier's ("Oogie's") turn to boogie... Mickey Mouse! A tip of the hat from "Dr. Facilier." Care to make a deal? (MICKEY is still on the island. OOGIE has since vanished.)

MICKEY: Uh, no, I don't think so!

FACILIER: Oh, but I can help you get out of this nightmare, friend... But first, I'll need a little help from my friends on the other side... (Sings)
I got voodoo, I got hoodoo
I got things I ain't even tried!
And I got friends on the other side...

CHORUS: He's got friends on the other side.

Especially this friend. (The mist-screen zooms in on FACILIER's wicked smirk, focusing on his eyes. MICKEY vanishes from the island, reappearing as FACILIER's pupils. FACILIER morphs into the grinning face of CHERABOG, MICKEY, now running back and forth between CHERNABOG's hollow, yellow eyes. "Night on Bald Mountain" plays as CHERNABOG summons horrific spirits from Bald Mountain - aka, the top of the island.)

1515635204449.png

(At the climax of the classic - and traumatic - "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence, the mist-screens part to reveal SORCERER MICKEY face-to-face with MALEFICENT upon the island. An eerie, orange glow engulfs the riverfront.)

MALEFICENT: Now you will deal with me - and all the powers of my imagination!

MICKEY: Oh no!

(MALEFICENT casts a fiery spell at MICKEY, striking him. MALEFICENT begins to rise high above the earth with a dramatic crescendo of music, casting dark magic from her glistening scepter. Enchanted briars begin to entangle the island and riverfront. SHE cackles wildly as she ascends to the stars. MICKEY looks up in horror. HE knows what's next... The mist-screens reveal the startling transformation of MALEFICENT into a fire-breathing DRAGON. Briefly, the DRAGON morphs back into all the VILLAINS we have encountered thus far...)

QUEEN: (Cackles) Imagination!

(The VILLAINS all appear again, one by one, cackling wickedly. First URSULA, then OOGIE, then FACILIER, then an animated collage of COUNTLESS VILLAINS, all laughing in one image: SCAR, RATCLIFFE, HADES, JAFAR, CRUELA, SHERE KHAN, FROLLO, GASTON, MADAME MIM, LADY TREMAINE, PETE, MADAME MEDUSA, the BIG BAD WOLF, and the MAD DOCTOR. CHERNABOG breaks the brief montage with a growl, then morphs into the silhouette of the DRAGON.

The music grows more and more suspenseful as the dark silhouette gradually subdues into an actual, 45-foot DRAGON standing tall above the riverfront. The yellow-eyed monstrosity looks around for the cowering MICKEY. At the height of the music, the lumbering beast bellows a flamethrower from its maw, setting the waters aflame in a brilliant heat.)

1515636886163.png

MICKEY: Uh, you may think you're so powerful. (Laughs feebly) Well, uh, this is my dream!

(As expected, MICKEY uses the power inside himself to vanquish the DRAGON, casting his gloves toward her. With a burst of light, MALEFICENT is overrun with electric current and sparkling magic, screaming and rearing in agony. The mist-screens depict the various villains writhing in defeat. CHERNABOG retracts from the light, FACILIER is pulled screaming into the "other side," OOGIE, now a mountain of bugs, screams:)

OOGIE: My bugs! My bugs!

(URSULA, electrocuted, sinks beneath the sea, and the OLD HAG painfully reverts into the EVIL QUEEN with a horrid scream. Finally, the DRAGON vanishes in a pyrotechnic spectacular. A brief blackout segues into TINKERBELL fluttering about, restoring light and color to the dark riverfront. As the lighthearted music grows, the light returns, colorful fountains and projections restoring hope and light to Mickey's dream. The Lewis & Clark Riverboat comes into sight, piloted by STEAMBOAT WILLIE MICKEY. Swirling pinwheels on the side of the boat give way to a dancing collection of DISNEY CHARACTERS waving ribbons to the theme of "Imagination." These CHARACTERS include:

ALADDIN, JASMINE, PLUTO, CHIP, DALE, MINNIE, DONALD, GOOFY, BELLE, THE BEAST, RAPUNZEL, FLYNN, QUASIMODO, TEEN HERCULES, ARIEL, ERIC, SNOW WHITE, PRINCE FERDINAND, TIANA, NAVEEN, MARY POPPINS, BERT, TWEEDLE-DEE, TWEEDLE-DUM, the WHITE RABBIT, the MAD HATTER, ALICE, CINDERELLA, CINDERELLA's MICE, AURORA, and PRINCE PHILLIP. On the island we see the THREE LITTLE PIGS, WOODY, JESSIE, BUZZ LIGHTYEAR, BULLSEYE, MIKE, SULLEY, KING LOUIE, BALOO, TIMON, RAFIKI, REMY and EMILE.)

CHORUS: See it in your mind,
And you will find,
In your imagination,
Mysteries and magic,
Visions fantastic,
Leading to strange and wondrous dreams!

Dreams are make-believe,
But could they all come true?

Aah, aah, aah!
In your imagination!
Aah, aah, aah!
In your imagination!

(The CHARACTERS have since retreated, leaving the stage to a projection of various highlights from the show.)

Here in your mind,
It's magic you'll find.
When out of the night,
Dark forces ignite
To blind you with frightening speed,
You use your might
To brighten the light,
Creating a night of wondrous deeds!

1515647157433.png

(As the riverboat finally fades out of sight, SORCERER MICKEY magically appears onstage from the top of the island, once more conducting the riverfront in a spectacular array of color, fountains, lasers and pyrotechnics. At the climax of the music, MICKEY disappears from the top of the island and reappears on the stage below, wearing the same attire from the show's beginning. A few subtle notes of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" play, to which MICKEY conducts.)

MICKEY: Some imagination, huh? Hah-hah!

(MICKEY disappears, one final time to an epic fanfare and conclusion of fireworks.)

THE END

Final thoughts? This was definitely fun and done entirely on the spot. :p

Twilight_Roxas

Looks cool although with the queen why not when she transform into a hag have the mist projection show Mickey trapped in the mirror, and be dragged just like the 2.0 version so that the evil queen & hag switch places easily.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Looks cool although with the queen why not when she transform into a hag have the mist projection show Mickey trapped in the mirror, and be dragged just like the 2.0 version so that the evil queen & hag switch places easily.

That actually happens in my version of the show, only, Mickey is asleep in his bed when he's seen getting sucked into the mirror.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Okay, with Fantasmic now complete, we will for sure be on a brief hiatus for the next week or two while I attempt to memorize the menu and learn an entirely new position that applies to the whole of the restaurant. I promise I'll be back before you know it with more new and exciting content.

In the meantime, here's a question for all of you... The next two lands I'm covering are Discoveryland and Tomorrowland. Discoveryland will be a seamless blend between the Discoveryland of Disneyland Paris and the 1994 Tomorrowland of the Magic Kingdom. In other words, expect to see architecture and thematic blending from both properties mixed into one retro-futuristic "future that never was." The story goes that the city is undergoing a "reinvention" in which the old hues of copper, bronze and gold are gradually being replaced by sleek, Buck Rogers-esque architecture of the Futurama variety. Lots of cogs, neon and searchlights among the kinetic sculptures and architecture reminiscent of Jules Verne and Leonardo Da Vinci. Mount Prometheus, an active volcano hosting Journey to the Center of the Earth will overlook the land, along with Discovery Mountain, a steampunk-Space Mountain hosting not one, but several attractions and exhibits inside. Other notable attractions include a revival of the long-lost ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Submarine Voyage, and a reincarnation of The Timekeeper, crossed-over into "The Visionarium: Soarin' Thru Time." You can probably guess what that one's about (hint: Soarin').

Tomorrowland on the other hand will borrow a lot from the original vision for EPCOT Center, naturally mixed with the aesthetic and heart of Disneyland's Tomorrowland of 1967. A PeopleMover will connect Tomorrowland with Discoveryland. Tomorrowland itself will feature a number of pavilions and attractions amid the sleek, geometric cityscape that focus on where man is going and why. Think dark rides and exhibits in the vein of classic Future World. One such attraction, "World on the Move" hearkens directly to Spaceship Earth and the old World of Motion, featuring dramatic show-scenes populated with spectacular sets and animatronics. Journey Into Imagination and Adventure Thru Inner Space will both find new life in Tomorrowland.

Star Wars and Marvel will both receive their own lands on the eastern side of the park - outside the railroad tracks. @spacemt354, I apologize in advance for map purposes, haha. Both lands will connect with Discoveryland and Tomorrowland, but will not be included in the lands themselves. To me, I find they are best off being kept separate. I am toying with the idea of adding a Liberty Street or Square in the dead space between Hollywood Boulevard, Toontown and Westernland, but that honestly might be a great place to store Fantasmic barges now that I think about it.

The question is... What would you like to see implemented into Discoveryland and Tomorrowland? Post thoughts below.

DisneyManOne

If anything, I think Star Wars and Marvel would be better suited for a second gate. I'm pretty much gonna spoil things for my own dream resort thread (which I will get back to), but my plans for a second gate involve a new version of the "Disney-MGM Studios" layout; and I think that Star Wars and Marvel would work better there than at Disneyland.

But as for Tomorrowland, well...I noticed you liked my posting about a new version of Carousel of Progress. Will that be involved somewhere in your Tomorrowland?

Twilight_Roxas

If anything, I think Star Wars and Marvel would be better suited for a second gate. I'm pretty much gonna spoil things for my own dream resort thread (which I will get back to), but my plans for a second gate involve a new version of the "Disney-MGM Studios" layout; and I think that Star Wars and Marvel would work better there than at Disneyland.

But as for Tomorrowland, well...I noticed you liked my posting about a new version of Carousel of Progress. Will that be involved somewhere in your Tomorrowland?
Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland saids hello.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I personally would love to see your take on a well done stitch attraction. But that might be tough since your tommorow/discoverylands seem less focused on traditional sci-fi.

I would love to see a Treasure Planet ride in Discoveryland personally.

Or I don't think I've ever seen anyone propose a water ride for a Tomorrowland. It might be an interesting challenge to see what you could do for a rapid ride or something like that. But perhaps this is more of a future competition prompt than an idea for a dream park lol

spacemt354

Chili's
I think the Marvel and Star Wars Lands should be able to fit outside the berm (it's how it will be in Hong Kong and Disneyland soon enough)

If Tomorrowland is going to be more like Future World I would love to see something that has little to no IPs (especially with Star Wars and Marvel having their own lands) with Tomorrowland exploring more human ingenuity. It sounds like that's the direction you're going so very interested in seeing the final result!

DisneyFan18

Okay, with Fantasmic now complete, we will for sure be on a brief hiatus for the next week or two while I attempt to memorize the menu and learn an entirely new position that applies to the whole of the restaurant. I promise I'll be back before you know it with more new and exciting content.

In the meantime, here's a question for all of you... The next two lands I'm covering are Discoveryland and Tomorrowland. Discoveryland will be a seamless blend between the Discoveryland of Disneyland Paris and the 1994 Tomorrowland of the Magic Kingdom. In other words, expect to see architecture and thematic blending from both properties mixed into one retro-futuristic "future that never was." The story goes that the city is undergoing a "reinvention" in which the old hues of copper, bronze and gold are gradually being replaced by sleek, Buck Rogers-esque architecture of the Futurama variety. Lots of cogs, neon and searchlights among the kinetic sculptures and architecture reminiscent of Jules Verne and Leonardo Da Vinci. Mount Prometheus, an active volcano hosting Journey to the Center of the Earth will overlook the land, along with Discovery Mountain, a steampunk-Space Mountain hosting not one, but several attractions and exhibits inside. Other notable attractions include a revival of the long-lost ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Submarine Voyage, and a reincarnation of The Timekeeper, crossed-over into "The Visionarium: Soarin' Thru Time." You can probably guess what that one's about (hint: Soarin').

Tomorrowland on the other hand will borrow a lot from the original vision for EPCOT Center, naturally mixed with the aesthetic and heart of Disneyland's Tomorrowland of 1967. A PeopleMover will connect Tomorrowland with Discoveryland. Tomorrowland itself will feature a number of pavilions and attractions amid the sleek, geometric cityscape that focus on where man is going and why. Think dark rides and exhibits in the vein of classic Future World. One such attraction, "World on the Move" hearkens directly to Spaceship Earth and the old World of Motion, featuring dramatic show-scenes populated with spectacular sets and animatronics. Journey Into Imagination and Adventure Thru Inner Space will both find new life in Tomorrowland.

Star Wars and Marvel will both receive their own lands on the eastern side of the park - outside the railroad tracks. @spacemt354, I apologize in advance for map purposes, haha. Both lands will connect with Discoveryland and Tomorrowland, but will not be included in the lands themselves. To me, I find they are best off being kept separate. I am toying with the idea of adding a Liberty Street or Square in the dead space between Hollywood Boulevard, Toontown and Westernland, but that honestly might be a great place to store Fantasmic barges now that I think about it.

The question is... What would you like to see implemented into Discoveryland and Tomorrowland? Post thoughts below.
I agree with Space about Tomorrowland being IPless, and I really like how the project is shaping up! I’m excited to see how these lands turn out, I’m sure they’ll be great! If you wouldn’t mind, I would like proposing a BH6 themed attraction for Discoveryland, as it is very future-esque and a big part of it revolves around technology and what it can achieve! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom