Dream Disney Resort

What extinct attraction would you like to see in my Magic Kingdom?

• Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • If You Had Wings

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Dreamflight

• Snow White's Scary Adventures

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Adventure Thru Inner Space

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other (Specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Suchomimus

I follow an account on Twitter that's devoted to mocking some of the more vocal members of the Walt-Right, primarily those on Twitter, but also a few from WDWMagic. And when I first saw a few tweets mocking those bemoaning the loss of the planter, my first instinct was: "Really? You're getting all worked up over a planter? Man, you guys really don't like it when anything changes, do you?"
I follow the same person. And while I think a few have a point, the ones that don't like anything are just obnoxiously terrible.
I have mixed feelings about him/her/them. On one hand, who he mocks did have it coming(like #AngryAndy or TROR) but some of his actions are unfounded like how does he know that this wdwmagic’s even been to a Six Flags Park?

Or how he trolls just to get a reaction.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm still alive! I'm aiming to have the updated Dream Resort launched by some point in October. I'm currently playing Vince Fontaine in Grease and am teaching at an additional school this semester, so time is of the essence. I'm also in my Halloween mindset, so my yard and living room have been top priority since September 17. I plan on posting a YouTube video once all is said and done which I will most definitely link here so you can get a glimpse at my at-home Imagineering. ;)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Boy, it's been a hot minute! I apologize for the lack of activity, but I can assure you that I am working hard on the revised draft. OCD and anxiety are one heck of a disease, so I'm finding it difficult to post this piece-by-piece without the remainder of the project being finished first. Part of me wants to get it all done, THEN share everything, but we'll see. My mentality varies from day to day. It's an odd spectrum.

World Bazaar is going to be truly special, perhaps my favorite "Main Street" I have designed in quite some time. Eliasburg and Hollywood Boulevard were great, but World Bazaar is what it sounds like: a miniature World Showcase, complete with famous landmarks. The Town Square equivalent, named "Traveler's Green" is to feature a Town Square first: three major attractions as compared to the usual City Hall and Fire Station. I look forward to sharing World Bazaar soon - or later.

Also, here is a view into my personal life and my love of all things Halloween, as promised in my last post.

Seen above is my front yard display and my backroom "Spookytown." I have since added more to the front yard since said video was made. I now have a 25-foot spiderweb (with spider) spanning the lawn, a small "Pumpkin Reaper" on a swing-set, and as night falls, purple Christmas lights and projections of flying ghosts on the side of the house. I also moved the large clown to the highest point of the house and have added a skeleton bursting from the grass. I might make a video on Halloween that shows off the finished display. Enjoy.

Before anyone asks, the Oogie Boogie and Sam (from Trick 'r Treat) where hand-drawn and painted by me. My first ever attempt at doing something like this.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Boy, it's been a hot minute! I apologize for the lack of activity, but I can assure you that I am working hard on the revised draft. OCD and anxiety are one heck of a disease, so I'm finding it difficult to post this piece-by-piece without the remainder of the project being finished first. Part of me wants to get it all done, THEN share everything, but we'll see. My mentality varies from day to day. It's an odd spectrum.

World Bazaar is going to be truly special, perhaps my favorite "Main Street" I have designed in quite some time. Eliasburg and Hollywood Boulevard were great, but World Bazaar is what it sounds like: a miniature World Showcase, complete with famous landmarks. The Town Square equivalent, named "Traveler's Green" is to feature a Town Square first: three major attractions as compared to the usual City Hall and Fire Station. I look forward to sharing World Bazaar soon - or later.

Also, here is a view into my personal life and my love of all things Halloween, as promised in my last post.

Seen above is my front yard display and my backroom "Spookytown." I have since added more to the front yard since said video was made. I now have a 25-foot spiderweb (with spider) spanning the lawn, a small "Pumpkin Reaper" on a swing-set, and as night falls, purple Christmas lights and projections of flying ghosts on the side of the house. I also moved the large clown to the highest point of the house and have added a skeleton bursting from the grass. I might make a video on Halloween that shows off the finished display. Enjoy.

Before anyone asks, the Oogie Boogie and Sam (from Trick 'r Treat) where hand-drawn and painted by me. My first ever attempt at doing something like this.

Spookytown looks incredible!!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Thank you for the great response! Unfortunately, we had an extreme windstorm this morning (in SoCal?!) and I had to take almost EVERYTHING down in my yard for repairs and safe-keeping. I had to throw away my largest sheet ghost, regrettably. I did manage to salvage everything else with gorilla glue. Bummer. This isn't the cheapest hobby, so I'm rather depressed that I have to basically redecorate and hope for the best weather-wise. I haven't even bothered to check what repairs the styrofoam tombstones need.

So, in the spirit of Halloween, given the circumstances, why not offer a sneak-peek into what Halloween offerings the newly dubbed "Disneyland Australia Resort" will offer?

1539629771598.png

Disney's Haunted Halloween

The Resort will take a major cue from the Halloween Time event of HKDL; namely, scare-zones and mazes, all free of gore and extremities of course. Jack Skellington and the Disney Villains will have overtaken the Resort for a "spooktacular" celebration of the macabre. Each land will feature at minimum one maze. A Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay will overwhelm the Haunted Mansion of Hollywoodland, the Jungle River Cruise will undergo a nightly overlay, and a variation on Ghost Galaxy will take over my park's answer to Space Mountain (spoiler: it isn't Space Mountain). Of course, we will have the usual Trick-or-Treat Trails, Halloween fireworks, and Halloween parade.

The Mystery Tour from the previous draft will become a seasonal maze (for Fantasyland) and the permanent Museum of the Weird will remain open for the event.

Since we haven't truly dug into the meat and potatoes of my revised Magic Kingdom, I can't give too much away in regard to the mazes. However, I can tease a couple of the would-be Scare-Zones for the lands that are thus known... It is important to remember that none of the Scare-Zones feature gore. This is a near-direct lift of the Halloween Time event of Hong Kong Disneyland in regard to intensity. To put it in perspective, this is the "scare level" I'm working off of.

Since Young Frankenstein is now a Disney property (20th Century Fox), Young Frankenstein will be the headlining maze of Hollywoodland.

Haunted Hollywood
Dr. Frankenstein - er, um, "Fronkensteen" - has brought to life the world's most horrific characters and creatures of the Silver Screen; Count Orlok of Nosferatu, the Frankenstein Monster, the Sleepwalker of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The Golem. Can one survive the streets of this Haunted Hollywood?

Demon Jungle
This Forgotten Kingdom of the Congo has been cursed with the dark magic of a Voodoo Priest. Decrepit zombies, wild beasts and deadly warriors lie in wait among the fog of this accursed rainforest.

Ghost Town
The lost spirits of the Wild West have returned for an unforgettable Hallow's Eve. Ghosts of all size and trade have reawakened for this "Swinging Wake" where humor is the preferred "scare."

INVASION
An interstellar UFO has landed in Tomorrowland for a mysterious colony of silent, curious beings. A beautiful and mystical pageant of mystery and intrigue.​

Fallen Rebellion
The Galactic Empire has won. The Rebellion has fallen. Discoveryland is gone.​

spacemt354

Chili's
Thank you for the great response! Unfortunately, we had an extreme windstorm this morning (in SoCal?!) and I had to take almost EVERYTHING down in my yard for repairs and safe-keeping. I had to throw away my largest sheet ghost, regrettably. I did manage to salvage everything else with gorilla glue. Bummer. This isn't the cheapest hobby, so I'm rather depressed that I have to basically redecorate and hope for the best weather-wise. I haven't even bothered to check what repairs the styrofoam tombstones need.

So, in the spirit of Halloween, given the circumstances, why not offer a sneak-peek into what Halloween offerings the newly dubbed "Disneyland Australia Resort" will offer?

Disney's Haunted Halloween

The Resort will take a major cue from the Halloween Time event of HKDL; namely, scare-zones and mazes, all free of gore and extremities of course. Jack Skellington and the Disney Villains will have overtaken the Resort for a "spooktacular" celebration of the macabre. Each land will feature at minimum one maze. A Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay will overwhelm the Haunted Mansion of Hollywoodland, the Jungle River Cruise will undergo a nightly overlay, and a variation on Ghost Galaxy will take over my park's answer to Space Mountain (spoiler: it isn't Space Mountain). Of course, we will have the usual Trick-or-Treat Trails, Halloween fireworks, and Halloween parade.

The Mystery Tour from the previous draft will become a seasonal maze (for Fantasyland) and the permanent Museum of the Weird will remain open for the event.

Since we haven't truly dug into the meat and potatoes of my revised Magic Kingdom, I can't give too much away in regard to the mazes. However, I can tease a couple of the would-be Scare-Zones for the lands that are thus known... It is important to remember that none of the Scare-Zones feature gore. This is a near-direct lift of the Halloween Time event of Hong Kong Disneyland in regard to intensity. To put it in perspective, this is the "scare level" I'm working off of.

Since Young Frankenstein is now a Disney property (20th Century Fox), Young Frankenstein will be the headlining maze of Hollywoodland.

Haunted Hollywood
Dr. Frankenstein - er, um, "Fronkensteen" - has brought to life the world's most horrific characters and creatures of the Silver Screen; Count Orlok of Nosferatu, the Frankenstein Monster, the Sleepwalker of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The Golem. Can one survive the streets of this Haunted Hollywood?

Demon Jungle
This Forgotten Kingdom of the Congo has been cursed with the dark magic of a Voodoo Priest. Decrepit zombies, wild beasts and deadly warriors lie in wait among the fog of this accursed rainforest.

Ghost Town
The lost spirits of the Wild West have returned for an unforgettable Hallow's Eve. Ghosts of all size and trade have reawakened for this "Swinging Wake" where humor is the preferred "scare."

INVASION
An interstellar UFO has landed in Tomorrowland for a mysterious colony of silent, curious beings. A beautiful and mystical pageant of mystery and intrigue.​

Fallen Rebellion
The Galactic Empire has won. The Rebellion has fallen. Discoveryland is gone.​

I think we should all chip in and get you this to complete your Halloween decorations

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Cool. So I guess in the Marvel area the heroes are dead, and the villains have taken over?

Marvel City has been removed from the revised draft. The Maximum Carnage idea (from HHN) is what inspired Fallen Rebellion, of course. At the very least, Marvel will have a major representation in the Disney Boardwalk District.

@spacemt354, I will gladly take ANYTHING. Of course, that piano player would be awesome to have. My goal for the yard (with the sudden and unexpected redesign) is to make a large cemetery with a focus on classic Halloween and Horror. Much of the inspiration is pulled from HHN's Universal Monsters maze this season. We'll see if I can get to that level of detail. :p

NateD1226

SoCal (live there!) was a mess today! There were pine needles all over my street! My allergies are gonna start acting up... :(

Twilight_Roxas

Just a shame would make a good scarezone even if Marvel City is overrun by Terrors from Cloak & Dagger thanks to Roxxon or having Marvel City be a actual ghost town due to Thanos' snap.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom