Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

mrtoad

garyhoov said:
I was at 192.5 yesterday - matching my best weight. Unfortunately, that was partly because I've been too busy and stressed to eat much, so I'm not sure if I can maintain it.

192 sounds so far away, I hope to get there someday. That is awesome. Though eat well as stress is no good either, that is worse than the weight.

mrtoad

DarkImage4 said:
419.6 to 421.8 - up 2 pounds 2 weeks ago...then...
421.8 to 418.8 - down another 3 pounds to a new low!

Excellent!

I have been up and down for the past week and 1/2 for some reason. I have not really changed anything. I know that this weekend will be bad with St. Patrick's Day stuff going on. I don't think I will weigh myself next week...

tigsmom

I weigh myself regardless of whether I think I did well or not. Right now its not... my blood sugars and BP seem to be under control with the new meds so thats a good thing, but the weight is the issue. I know if I don't keep trying I'll weigh a lot more, so for me not gaining is a good thing.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
tigsmom said:
I weigh myself regardless of whether I think I did well or not. Right now its not... my blood sugars and BP seem to be under control with the new meds so thats a good thing, but the weight is the issue. I know if I don't keep trying I'll weigh a lot more, so for me not gaining is a good thing.

Just keep at it. I've been eating too much this whole week. I'm going to try to cut way back this weekend.

DarkImage4

Good news..(lot's of it)...

I'm doing so well with keeping the blood sugars under conrtrol that I was told to stop using one of my medications.

Then there's
418.8 to 416...

down another (almost) 3 pounds...:sohappy:

tigsmom

DarkImage4 said:
Good news..(lot's of it)...

I'm doing so well with keeping the blood sugars under conrtrol that I was told to stop using one of my medications.

Then there's
418.8 to 416...

down another (almost) 3 pounds...:sohappy:

How wonderful! :sohappy:

I went to the nutritionist yesterday and my weight stayed the same, which is good for me. Mind if I ask what diabetic meds you take? I have been on Glucophage XR for 3 years now and a few months ago they added Actos, my sugars are back under control, but the weight gain is a killer. :(

Shaman

tigsmom said:
Welcome! :kiss:

How have you been doing?

Lost another ten pounds this month...total lost is up to 30 lbs (avg. is about 2.5 lbs a week). Started some cardio work this month too...getting ready for weights.

:D

YaY :sohappy: for everyone making an effort to lose weight. :)

tigsmom

objr said:
Lost another ten pounds this month...total lost is up to 30 lbs (avg. is about 2.5 lbs a week). Started some cardio work this month too...getting ready for weights.

YaY :sohappy: for everyone making an effort to lose weight. :)

:eek: Thats great!!! :kiss:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
objr said:

That sounds like some good progress!

I've been stuck for the last couple weeks. I'm going to try to really cut back over the next few days.

tigsmom

garyhoov said:
That sounds like some good progress!

I've been stuck for the last couple weeks. I'm going to try to really cut back over the next few days.

Gary, if you cut back too much your body will go into starvation mode. Instead up your veggie/good carb and protein intake an increase your activity. Don't forget the water. :wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
tigsmom said:
Gary, if you cut back too much your body will go into starvation mode. Instead up your veggie/good carb and protein intake an increase your activity. Don't forget the water. :wave:

Yeah. That's what the people at work always tell me. Problem is, unless I get drastic, I either stay the same or gradually gain. I can only seem to lose if I really cut back.

MouseMadness

Down two pounds!!
133.gif

Cut my carbs, and worked out every day. I'm soooooo happy because I know, with as hard as I was working out and as much protein I was taking in, that two pounds wasn't muscle I was losing. :sohappy:

*sigh* So, my weekend off is over (didn't over do it TOO awful much :lol: :lookaroun ) and it's back for another 2 pounds next week! :)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
MouseMadness said:
Down two pounds!!
133.gif

Cut my carbs, and worked out every day. I'm soooooo happy because I know, with as hard as I was working out and as much protein I was taking in, that two pounds wasn't muscle I was losing. :sohappy:

*sigh* So, my weekend off is over (didn't over do it TOO awful much :lol: :lookaroun ) and it's back for another 2 pounds next week! :)

:sohappy: :sohappy:

Less than 2 months. I'm right at the lowest point I've been, but I'm not really breaking new ground. I've been here 3 or 4 times before.

About a month ago, I started eating fruit - something I've never really done before, but I didn't change my other habits, so I was really just adding that on top of a high fat diet.

Now I have cut soda completely out, and I am trying to eat low fat, low sugar, high fiber foods. I seem to be seeing some short term results, but I don't know how it will work long term.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
tigsmom said:
I'm still playing with the same few pounds...up a few, down a few. :(

*Checks sig*

Well now. You better get serious soon, shouldn't you? If you chicken out, we have the right to point and make fun of you.

j/k;) You seem to know as much as anybody about nutrition and what works for you. Are you following your own advice? Are there any areas that you know you could do better?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom