Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

MouseMadness

BeachClubVillas said:
Good for you!

I was down three pounds after a week at the gym. This week, I'm up one. I tell myself it's a pound of muscle. :lookaroun
The trainer told me that I may be doing too much cardio, which I didn't even think was possible. I'm doing 45 minutes on the elliptical and 15 on the bike, 5 days a week. I don't think that's too extreme.
The one pound could also be hormones.

And I don't know about the too much cardio. I suppose, possibly, that it's just as bad to do extreme calorie burning as it is to do extreme reduction of INTAKE of calories? You'll have to ask next time you go and find out why (Cause I'm really curious myself)

mrtoad

Thanks. I will keep checking in when I can. I really am determined (though I have said that in the past) to loose the weight. I want to have more fun with my daughter which lose of weight would totally help that. I also want to be around for a long time for her.

Thanks again,
Mike

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I was at 193 this morning. The lowest I've been was 192.5 on October 25, 2005, so hopefully I'll be breaking some new ground soon.

Is there anyone who wants to be on the list for the June 1st photo post that isn't yet? If so, just let me know, and I'll add you.

mrtoad

I'm in, you can add me. Thank-you. :)

garyhoov said:
I was at 193 this morning. The lowest I've been was 192.5 on October 25, 2005, so hopefully I'll be breaking some new ground soon.

Is there anyone who wants to be on the list for the June 1st photo post that isn't yet? If so, just let me know, and I'll add you.

DarkImage4

garyhoov said:

What exactly is this?

Oh yeah....last week was weak...

429.3 to 429.1....oh well....I keep going!

tigsmom

DarkImage4 said:
What exactly is this?

Oh yeah....last week was weak...

429.3 to 429.1....oh well....I keep going!

Don't worry about the small loss & plateaus, just keep what you are doing. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you may be reshaping your body and not really losing any weight.

The people in Gary's sig line have agreed to post a picture on the agreed upon date to show our progress. Way back when, gary offered to donate money to charity for everyone who followed thru with that promise and he has done so in our names. If you wander back thru the thread you can see the progress some of us have made. :wave:

mrtoad

I just went looking back to see them. Do I need to go with no shirt on in the pic? I am not comfortable with that right now I don't think. Is a T shirt OK?

Thanks,
Mike

tigsmom said:
Don't worry about the small loss & plateaus, just keep what you are doing. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so you may be reshaping your body and not really losing any weight.

The people in Gary's sig line have agreed to post a picture on the agreed upon date to show our progress. Way back when, gary offered to donate money to charity for everyone who followed thru with that promise and he has done so in our names. If you wander back thru the thread you can see the progress some of us have made. :wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
mrtoad said:
I just went looking back to see them. Do I need to go with no shirt on in the pic? I am not comfortable with that right now I don't think. Is a T shirt OK?

Thanks,
Mike

That's fine. Half the people will chicken out anyway, so you'll be doing better than them.:lol:

MouseMadness

I have yet to do the swimsuit thing. :eek: :lol: Tank tops are about as revealing as I'll get for a photo I'm posting. No, make that any photo, period. :lol: :eek:

I am feeling so good right now. I don't know if it just took this much consistent exercise, or that I'm eating better, or that I've added extra B vitamins and an amino acid supplement, or, most likely, all 3 combined, but I just feel so great right now! I have so much energy, and even my head feels clearer, and it makes it easier to keep going. It seemed like maybe a month of adjustment, and now it's all paying off. :) Literally, within the past week or so, I've just started feeling so good! :sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
MouseMadness said:
I have yet to do the swimsuit thing. :eek: :lol: Tank tops are about as revealing as I'll get for a photo I'm posting. No, make that any photo, period. :lol: :eek:

I am feeling so good right now. I don't know if it just took this much consistent exercise, or that I'm eating better, or that I've added extra B vitamins and an amino acid supplement, or, most likely, all 3 combined, but I just feel so great right now! I have so much energy, and even my head feels clearer, and it makes it easier to keep going. It seemed like maybe a month of adjustment, and now it's all paying off. :) Literally, within the past week or so, I've just started feeling so good! :sohappy:

Cool!!:sohappy:

I've actually, for probably the first time in my life, been eating fruit. My lunch today is a half of a cantalope.

MouseMadness

Great! I'm picking up fast food to eat with the girls at school today, so I suppose I'll get a salad. It isn't worth undoing the past few weeks for one hamburger :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
mrtoad said:
OK, I feel much better. I am not prepared to let anyone see me shirtless just yet...

Me neither . . . but that helps motivate me.

Hopefully I'll be looking like Brad Pitt by June 1st.:lol:

tigsmom

garyhoov said:
Me neither . . . but that helps motivate me.

Hopefully I'll be looking like Brad Pitt by June 1st.:lol:

7_1_106v.gif

:lookaroun

BeachClubVillas

God, I haven't put on a bathing suit since high school.

My goal is to be able to go to a water park in WDW this July. Every year my dad begs me to go in the pool at the Beach Club, and I never do it. I don't even own a bathing suit. I overheard him say to my mom one day, "For crying out loud, we OWN at the Beach Club, they have the best pool in all of WDW, and we've never used it!" That made me feel guilty, but not guilty enough to buy a bathing suit :lol:

tigsmom

BeachClubVillas said:
God, I haven't put on a bathing suit since high school.

My goal is to be able to go to a water park in WDW this July. Every year my dad begs me to go in the pool at the Beach Club, and I never do it. I don't even own a bathing suit. I overheard him say to my mom one day, "For crying out loud, we OWN at the Beach Club, they have the best pool in all of WDW, and we've never used it!" That made me feel guilty, but not guilty enough to buy a bathing suit :lol:

You know what...WDW is the only place I put a bathing suit on. :lol:

Its usually so damned hot and I know I will never see those people again so.......:lookaroun

BeachClubVillas

tigsmom said:
You know what...WDW is the only place I put a bathing suit on. :lol:

Its usually so damned hot and I know I will never see those people again so.......:lookaroun

I know. I just might get to that point this year. I really want to go on Crush n Gusher at TL. I looked at the schedule, and they have night EMH when we're there. I'm like, hmmm...night = darkness = harder to see as much skin. :lol: That might work!

MouseMadness

I had baked fish and steamed vegetables for dinner. :eek:

Now we wait to see if I'm devouring everything with flour and sugar in the house later on this evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom