Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

darthdarrel

Originally posted by JBSLJames
[B No amazing "Adkins" type of weight loss yet, but 13 pounds lighter after 3 1/2 weeks. [/B]

Congratulations!
I know how hard it is, after 3 weeks on this diet I have lost a total of 15 pds. and I`m wondering how I can keep this up?:eek:

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Great job, but from the looks of it, it must be all upper body weight. . .:lol: Those pants look a little :hammer: Stuffed :hammer:

Have a great day.

tigsmom

Originally posted by darthdarrel
Congratulations!
I know how hard it is, after 3 weeks on this diet I have lost a total of 15 pds. and I`m wondering how I can keep this up?:eek:

Way to go Darrel! 15 pounds is quite an impressive loss. Have you noticed any changes in your bloodsugars?

JBSLJames

Original Poster
That's one of the main thrusts of the South Beach diet. It is really targeting the reduction of the glycemic level. Really not a bad lifestyle change if you can give up the 'whites' (sugars, flours, etc.)

Way to go dieters. Keep up the good work!!!:wave:

JBSLJames

Original Poster
I just recently purchased some of the Carb Solutions items - Barbecue Sauce, Ketchup, and the Peanut Butter.

All of them are pretty good. Of course the peanut butter is a snack (about a tablespoon) since I have not reintroduced bread as of yet. The sauce is made by Lawry's and tastes a little like Masterpiece. My wife tried the ketchup last night and said it was okay.

Still haven't been able to convince myself that having the Entemann's chocolate chip cookies wouldn't be cheating.

Another tip - has anyone tried the Redi-Whip Chocolate? Man, it tastes like chocolate moose. GOOD!! I've been putting some on top of my sugar free strawberry jello to try and get that chocolate covered strawberry taste. . .:slurp:

*are you allowed to cheat a little on your birthday???? (on your diet of course)*

tigsmom

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I just recently purchased some of the Carb Solutions items - Barbecue Sauce, Ketchup, and the Peanut Butter.

All of them are pretty good. Of course the peanut butter is a snack (about a tablespoon) since I have not reintroduced bread as of yet. The sauce is made by Lawry's and tastes a little like Masterpiece. My wife tried the ketchup last night and said it was okay.

Still haven't been able to convince myself that having the Entemann's chocolate chip cookies wouldn't be cheating.

Another tip - has anyone tried the Redi-Whip Chocolate? Man, it tastes like chocolate moose. GOOD!! I've been putting some on top of my sugar free strawberry jello to try and get that chocolate covered strawberry taste. . .:slurp:

*are you allowed to cheat a little on your birthday???? (on your diet of course)*

Get the Entenmanns Low Carb pound cake. Slice up some of those strawberries & hit it with the Reddi Whip (Regular or Chocolate). :slurp: This is a great treat for your birthday that the whole family can have & it won't be cheating. :D
(however if you want some ice cream forget the cake, get the carb solution from Breyers add the strawberries & whipped cream and go to it). Happy Birthday! :wave:

tigsmom

Originally posted by barnum42
I am formally presenting my note to excuse me from low carbing for two weeks...

I fly to Disney World on Friday :sohappy:

Don't you remember...NO DIETING ON VACATION! :lol:
I usually eat whatever I want & still loses weight...its the Disney Death March that does it to you.
Have a safe trip, take some pics for us & we'll see ya when you get back. :wave: :kiss:

barnum42

Originally posted by tigsmom
Don't you remember...NO DIETING ON VACATION! :lol:
I usually eat whatever I want & still loses weight...its the Disney Death March that does it to you.
Have a safe trip, take some pics for us & we'll see ya when you get back. :wave: :kiss:
You ain't wrong about the dieting on vacation rule! I'll keep some of the weight off pushing my Mother's wheelchair around the parks (yes she will be sitting in it).
Got the batteries in the camera and a couple of big memory cards.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Good stuff on the FoodTV links.

As for the Birthday dessert, I tried the Entemanns 'butter' loaf with fresh sliced strawberries and topped with Ready Whip. Yummy. :slurp:

My wife looked over at me to ask hom many carbs were in the 'loaf' and was suprised to see that I was already done. Can anyone say - inhale.

Back to the NO-Carb section for a couple of weeks.

tigsmom

Having some trouble today...my bloodsugars have been high (yes I've been cheating...way too much stress right now). If anyone needs their peanut butter fix try the peanut butter& cracker snack packs. 3 crackers (out of 6) have only 15 gms of carbs...just the right amount for a snack. Bought some Low Carb/Sugar Free cookies at WalMart (from the instore bakery) PB cookies just 14 carbs apiece. Yes, one is enough (if I have some tea with no fat Land o Lakes Half & Half.) :slurp:

**lights an aromatherapy candle and listens to some quiet music** :)

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Grilled up some extra chicken breast last night and diced it for a nice salad over "Just Lettuce" and topped with Marzetti's 1 Carb Ranch and some low fat part skim mozzarella cheese. I never thought I would eat so much salad. Still yummy after almost 3 weeks.

Ham steaks tonite for dinner with steamed veggies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom