Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

MouseMadness

Sounds good, Mad. :) I'll try that one. I found a recipe for cream cheese custard that I made tonight... SOOOOOOOOO Good! I just substituted splenda for sugar and *gulp* real, heavy cream for the (I think) evaporated milk they called for. But OMG it was good. I'd made baked custards before, low carb, but they always tasted too "eggy" if that makes sense. :lol: I think I'm all set to low carb it a month or so (if I can make it that long). Trying to go easy on the "bad" stuff, bacon and such.

darthdarrel

I think I posted it before, I`m on a modified Low carb Slim fast diet, I`m having a normal breakfast and a normal lunch, but only a slimfast shake for dinner.:)

tigsmom

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I think I posted it before, I`m on a modified Low carb Slim fast diet, I`m having a normal breakfast and a normal lunch, but only a slimfast shake for dinner.:)

Must have missed it, sorry. I love the new low carb SlimFast shakes. I have them in the morning & sometimes at lunch. :wave:

tigsmom

Found something new in the store today...Entenmanns low carb Chocolate Chip & Nut Loaf. Just 9 carbs /slice (1/8th of cake). Yummy, but not too sweet.
They also have crumb cake & chocolate chip cookies.

MouseMadness

Originally posted by tigsmom
Found something new in the store today...Entenmanns low carb Chocolate Chip & Nut Loaf. Just 9 carbs /slice (1/8th of cake). Yummy, but not too sweet.
They also have crumb cake & chocolate chip cookies.

And brownies!! :slurp: Now I have to be careful to not over do it with THOSE goodies, too! :lol:

MouseMadness

I just called a piece of broccoli a "little ______________". :eek: I think I've been low carbing too long.

Just saw in the store low carb hot dog and hamburger buns. :) Making it easier and easier for me! :sohappy:

tigsmom

Originally posted by MouseMadness
I just called a piece of broccoli a "little ______________". :eek: I think I've been low carbing too long.

Just saw in the store low carb hot dog and hamburger buns. :) Making it easier and easier for me! :sohappy:

They say that low carb eating can cause depression, but name calling? :lol:
I've been using low carb breads from Arnold's (Atkins bread) and Wonder (whole wheat). Haven't come across any low carb rolls yet. I bought some Atkins Low Carb Pasta (with brocolli & Cheese), but haven't had the chance to try it yet.
**makes a note to check WaLMart's bread selection**

MouseMadness

Ooooh, I got a magic automatic edit!! :eek: I didn't know that word would get the ol' __________ . Ah well.

I also found low carb chocolate chip muffin mix, made by Krusteaz. Haven't tried it yet, but when I do I shall fill you in. :)

tigsmom

Originally posted by MouseMadness
Ooooh, I got a magic automatic edit!! :eek: I didn't know that word would get the ol' __________ . Ah well.

I also found low carb chocolate chip muffin mix, made by Krusteaz. Haven't tried it yet, but when I do I shall fill you in. :)

Krusteaz makes great Cinnamon Coffe cake mixes, not low carb though. I'll be waiting to hear how they turn out because most of their stuff is really good. :hurl:

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by tigsmom

Christy, that strapless gown makes my cringe. We just saw a funny videos segment where a bridesmaid (complete with strapless gown) jumped & reached for the bouquet. Lets just say the dress didn't quite reach the same heights as she did. :eek: (always my worst fear *shudders* )

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
im wearing a strapless gown in june at my roommates wedding
and im in charge of catching the boquet
oh no!:sohappy: (thats me reaching for the boquet...good thing its only a head LOL)

tigsmom

Originally posted by AliciaLuvzDizne
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
im wearing a strapless gown in june at my roommates wedding
and im in charge of catching the boquet
oh no!:sohappy: (thats me reaching for the boquet...good thing its only a head LOL)

Maybe you should get some of that spray on glue that they use in beauty contests. (unless you want to upstage the bride. :eek: )

JBSLJames

Original Poster
We just picked up a companion book for the South Beach Diet that is a lot more detail oriented on what foods you can and can not have in the first two phases of the diet. The original book was a little vague on what to avoid. With this companion book, we will be able to seek out those things we thought we could not have. Some of the recipes in the original book had some ingrediants that you were told to avoid in phase 1. . .confusing.

Still plodding along. No amazing "Adkins" type of weight loss yet, but 13 pounds lighter after 3 1/2 weeks.

tigsmom

I tried to get the second South Beach book...out of stock everywhere and it already has a waiting list in the library. Guess I should hit Amazon.com.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom