Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

Almost forgot.... I made the low carb blueberry muffins from George Stella (Low Carb & Lovin' It! on the Food Channel). If you don't eat them right away better refrigerate or freeze them... they go bad VERY quickly! :hurl:

JBSLJames

Original Poster
The cookie sound good, we'll have to try that out. Still trying to get back into the diet thing. Started exercising yesterday. Let's see if I can keep it up, the exercising that is. I tell ya, I can't say anything around here without you pueblo's taking it the wrong way. It's Tuesday people, get you minds out of the gutter and fixed on "The Amazing Race" tonite on CBS, 9:00 EST.

MouseMadness

Judd, Judd, Judd... *sigh* :rolleyes:

My exercise regimen is in full effect now. :cool: My shins have finally gotten over the fact that they do have to deal with the treadmill again, and I'm starting to rack up some less embarrassing mileage. :lol: Today was 2.5 miles in 30 minutes.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
TODAY'S the day I get serious again. After Disney World, holidays and a trip to Las Vegas last week, I'm finally ready to get back on track. I had a light lunch, I'm headed to the gym in 45 minutes, then a light dinner and hopefully some progress over the coming weeks.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Dang It!!!!!

The local Famous Recipe has their three piece lunch special on Wednesday's for only $2.99. MMMmmmmmmmm Chicken.

Arrggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see, if I start on February 1, can I meet my goal of June????? Another diet/exercise gets pushed off again. Now where is that bottle of water?

MouseMadness

Peek a boo :lookaroun

This thread had fallen quite far back! Much like my diet. :eek: I finally made it back to the gym today after battling one helluva head cold (or perhaps a bit of flu? I dunno... it sucked whatever it was) and it was ROUGH. Only made it 20 minutes on the treadmill, and did lower body on the weights. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

How's everybody else doing? :wave:

barnum42

The reduction in weight has slowed, but I appear to have dropped another pound in the last week and the belt is border line in need of going up a notch in the desired direction :D All this despite a weekend at my folks. But as they are looking to drop a few pounds there were cakes, cookies or crisps on the go.

I'm still eating the low fat stuff and don't miss the stodgy stuff. Though the odd pasty or pie at lunch would make life easier I am being good and sticking to the sandwiches and fruit.

tigsmom

MouseMadness said:
Oh, and now I have no excuses...

My new inspiration!

If he can do it from his starting point, I surely have no reason to fail!!

(Though I'm hoping for more definition in my abs. :lookaroun )

Ok, that just doesn't look right! Abs? What are those... haven't seen them in years. :(

I'm still trying to stick with the diet, but the exercise is wanting... my sciatica is acting up and I can barely walk. I'm still above where I was last deadline and not happy about it at all!!!!

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Made it to the YMCA four times last week and doing well to start this week. Funny thing, in highschool, all I ever benched was about 215 pounds. Now, nearly 20 years later (18 really) I was able to put up 245 pounds for 6 reps last night. I can only think that all the protein from the low carb diet is helping in the muscle building. Now if I could just shed the Shamu skin so I could see the muscle beneath.

Getting to that age where I really have to get serious. I want to be around to see my kids go through life and oh, yeah, go to Disneyworld!!!!

tigsmom

Well, went to the nutritionist today and got the suprise of my life.. I lost 7 pounds!!!!!!
n1qshok.gif

I've been trying really hard to get my exercise in, but its been tough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom