Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

Well, I'm back on a clear liquid diet, not by choice though. I was feeling so good I sort of over did the eating thing (all good, just too much) and my stomach has rebelled once again. :( Maybe someday I'll learn.....

MouseMadness

Good work everybody! :) Here's what I think I will do. When I joined the gym, they did an assessment of my fitness right now (not so bad, but not what I want) So I'm thinking after a month I will have it reevaluated and post the differences. :)

Jacks Sally

clear liquid diet huh??
what exactly are you eating/drinking when on this tigsmom??

And I started just working out at home
with free weights now that the kiddies
are back in school I have thetime

I'd love to join a gym but I dont want to go
all by myself :(

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Let's see, I started off by losing 26 pounds on the South Beach plan, stopped the plan and went to WDW, plunged into the holidays with no low carb ideas, gained back 16 pounds, hit the New year with a bit of resolve, and have lost 4 pounds year to date.

As far as Specks weight goal definition, nekkid being the only way to weigh oneself, my goal for 2/1 is 220, 3/1 is 210, 4/1 is 200 and the final goal is for 6/15 to be at 185 to 190. I graduated Highschool at about 185 and haven't seen that weight in years. We'll see.

So far, diet only. Exercise will follow once my sore foot heals (just about broke some toes and an ankle on some of the kid's Christmas toys, but that is another story)

tigsmom

Jacks Sally said:
clear liquid diet huh??
what exactly are you eating/drinking when on this tigsmom??

And I started just working out at home
with free weights now that the kiddies
are back in school I have thetime

I'd love to join a gym but I dont want to go
all by myself :(

Clear liquid diet is just, than any liquid that is clear... broth, ginger ale (warm & flat is best), tea with no milk, jello... have to give my insides a rest. Then on to soft foods and back to real food. I have IBS, but this is the first time in years that I have had a full blown attack. I've forgotten how much fun it is. :rolleyes:

barnum42

Back below 200lbs :D

In two weeks the new regime has seen me shed about ten pounds and I'm back below the 200lb mark :sohappy:

I've been eating low fat food, also keeping the sugars down and doing an hour fifteen to an hour and a half steady exercise on the ski machine most days. It's hard work, but I'm getting results.

Guess things not working out with the Welsh lass was a blessing in disguise - the time I would have spent going back and forth over the Bridge has now been put to fitness use :lol:

tigsmom

Don't know about you guys, but I really miss my sweets. I tried this recipe and they are very good. They are made with soy flour, if you've never had any they may taste "a little off" at first, but you get used to it quickly.
They are great split and grilled on a hot buttered pan (or spray with a butter flavored cooking spray.

Low Carb Blueberry Muffins

tigsmom

barnum42 said:
Mr sweet tooth here agrees. Have you tried the sugar free jelly/jello? It's no pastry, but may help.

I live on sugar free Jell-O, the black cherry is especially good with just a smidge of chocolate whipped cream. :slurp:

MouseMadness

barnum42 said:
It's hard work, but I'm getting results.

Isn't that right where it's at. :( I'm so sooooooooooooore! :lol: It's getting better, though. I'm at the gym for about an hour every day. Just need to get back into the swing of things. I also need to steal my husbands ipod and get some decent music... stupid morning radio shows just wanna hear themselves talk. :mad:

MouseMadness

Oh, and I also found the first creepy guy at the new gym. *shudders* There's always one around, you just hope to avoid him. This one in particular is quite large and round, has the obligatory thick glasses... picture the guy from Office Space (Forget his name!) And instead of actually working out too awful much, creepy guy sits on a machine and stares at the women working out in the gym... by peering over top of his thick glasses no less. MAN he just gives me the heebie jeebies!!

JBSLJames

Original Poster
You may want to stop wearing that Thong / Leg Warmer outfit then Miss Flashdance. . . :hammer:

So suprised to see that the low fat muffins I bought today for a customer breakfast has 63 grams of carbs each :eek: :eek:

Keep up the good fight :kiss:

MouseMadness

Oh, and my tummy is really hurting. :( I figured since I'd been sorta kinda been doing some working out with aerobics and pilates tapes at home I'd be able to pick up where I'd left off at the gym, but those leg lifts are not so easy for a person who's been pregnant 4 times to do. OOWWWWWWWW!

tigsmom

JBSLJames said:
So suprised to see that the low fat muffins I bought today for a customer breakfast has 63 grams of carbs each :eek: :eek:

Keep up the good fight :kiss:

They make them low fat by adding in extra sugar, usually high fructose corn syrup to keep them moist. Thats what makes this dieting so tricky. I've started to bake all my own treats, I'm trying to find some recipes for low carb bread to make in my bread machine.
Quiznos opened here right before Christmas and their low carb stuff is great! Especially the Steak salad (Roadhouse?) that has ZERO carbs. Had a Turkey, Bacon & Swiss low carb wrap over the weekend.... :slurp:

Good luck to all!!!!!!!! :wave:

MouseMadness

tigsmom said:
They make them low fat by adding in extra sugar, usually high fructose corn syrup to keep them moist. Thats what makes this dieting so tricky. I've started to bake all my own treats, I'm trying to find some recipes for low carb bread to make in my bread machine.
Quiznos opened here right before Christmas and their low carb stuff is great! Especially the Steak salad (Roadhouse?) that has ZERO carbs. Had a Turkey, Bacon & Swiss low carb wrap over the weekend.... :slurp:

Good luck to all!!!!!!!! :wave:

It really is an eye opener when you start to read labels. People can be fooled into thinking they're eating well if they only stick to the front of a package.

tigsmom

Is it wrong of me to eat chocolate after someone took the time to send my favorites all the way from the UK?

What if I ration it out into tiny bundles to be used as exercise incentives? :lookaroun

Mmmmm..Smarties. :slurp:

JBSLJames

Original Poster
My Wife (I know, I know, one post I talk about Christi's thong workout outfit and the next I talk about my wife - Shame Shame) just got one of those Kitchen Aid Mixers for her birthday, an Artisan I think. We had to try it out so she/we made chocolate chip cookies - :slurp: :sohappy: :slurp:

I balanced that out by buying her a Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. No that is not all I got her.

No, I can't go into details.

I can't say if a certain little Pink Bag was involved.

Boy you guys sure are nosey.

Listen, I can't and won't talk about it. . .sheesh.

tigsmom

I got a Kitchen Aid Mixer for my Birthday too! Just love the thing.

How about some low carb cookies?

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ingredients
1 3/4 cups Atkins Bake Mix
1 1/2 Cups Splenda
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi sweet choclate chips

[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preheat oven to 350. Combine Bake mix, Splenda, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl combine margarine and sugar beating until creamy. Add eggs, applesauce, vanilla and mix well. Combine wet and dry ingredients and use a mixer on low speed to blend well. Fold in chips.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Drop dough by level teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets. I find they come out better if I flatten the dough down on the sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes, let cookies cool on trays for 2 minutes, then transfer to wax paper or wire racks for further cooling.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Makes 5 dozen cookies
Serving size = 1 cookie
Carbs = 5.5 grams
calories = 40
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom