Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I finally made it down to 198 today, so that's 9.5 pounds since I started. I had hoped to lose at least 20-30 by October 1st, but It looks like I'll really have to work to just be down 15.

Hopefully by Feb. 1st, I can be closer to where I want.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
You and me both brother. I had hoped to lose another 10 to 15 pounds prior to the October deadline. Still possible if I can get the will power back to phase 1 and start working out again - damn Olympics :mad:

And the February date, I hope to be at my final goal of 175. That would make a total weight loss of 68 pounds. For my height and my frame, it says anywhere from 160 to 184 I think. 175 would be my lowest weight since senior year of highschool. Of course, I grew another 2.5 inches in height after I graduated. . .

JBSLJames

Original Poster
One month from tomorrow, Da da da duummmmm.

Time for updates.

No real change here. Still bouncing around in the 23 to 25 pounds lost. Only weighing in on Monday's. This past Monday, it was at 24 pounds. Have bounced the diet back to phase 1 on the South Beach. Keeping Carbs to a minimum (0 to 15 max a day). Now if I could only get back to the gym. . .

How's everybody else doing?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I don't want to talk about it:mad:

Actually if I'm at 199 or lower tomorrow, that should put me below 200 for my weekly average for the first time, but my progress has slowed to a virtual stop.

MouseMadness

My weight hasn't budged one ounce since I started this whole thing. :lol: It seems the more activity I add, the more I eat! :eek: But I am seeing muscles where they didn't exist before, and I swear my stomach feels tighter now than before I had kids. :sohappy: Pilates are a miracle worker. So I think I'll just try to cut back on my sweets a bit and keep my workouts as they are.

barnum42

MouseMadness said:
My weight hasn't budged one ounce since I started this whole thing. :lol: It seems the more activity I add, the more I eat! :eek: But I am seeing muscles where they didn't exist before, and I swear my stomach feels tighter now than before I had kids. :sohappy: Pilates are a miracle worker. So I think I'll just try to cut back on my sweets a bit and keep my workouts as they are.
As has been mentioned before - muscle weighs more than fat. Sounds like you have been doing well.

I was stalled at the 200lb mark. With the impending holiday I am back on normal food. I found in the past after three months low carbing I hit a plateu, so it's time for normal grub for a while.

figmentmom

I haven't checked in with this thread for a while, so I read back through quite a few pages to catch up. Maybe I missed this one, though...does it matter what we wear for the October 1st picture? I really, really hate to have my picture taken. I have gained a few pounds - that's why I "joined up" here, to try and get to a more normal weight - but I am still unhappy with the way I look anyway. I know, I know, LOTS of us hate to have our photos taken, but I would have to be dead to pose in shorts or a bathing suit. :lol: Can someone recap our official rules?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
figmentmom said:
I haven't checked in with this thread for a while, so I read back through quite a few pages to catch up. Maybe I missed this one, though...does it matter what we wear for the October 1st picture? I really, really hate to have my picture taken. I have gained a few pounds - that's why I "joined up" here, to try and get to a more normal weight - but I am still unhappy with the way I look anyway. I know, I know, LOTS of us hate to have our photos taken, but I would have to be dead to pose in shorts or a bathing suit. :lol: Can someone recap our official rules?
I originally said a bathing suit, and then, realizing some people would be uncomfortable with that, so I offered the possibility of shorts and a T-Shirt. If even that seems to revealing for you, I could consider making a one time exception for Her Royal Highness ( but no tents or anything ).

:wave:

figmentmom

garyhoov said:
I originally said a bathing suit, and then, realizing some people would be uncomfortable with that, so I offered the possibility of shorts and a T-Shirt. If even that seems to revealing for you, I could consider making a one time exception for Her Royal Highness ( but no tents or anything ).

:wave:

T-shirt and capris?!? (I'll even skip the crown and sceptre :lol: )

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I was walking into the Bally's yesterday, and I saw this heavy-set, round guy coming toward me, and then realized it was me in a full length mirror.:(

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Oh, the power of reflection. On the flip side, an office window next to the area I work has a positive distortion, you know, like the end of an Eastwood Western = Tall and Skinny. . .

tigsmom

garyhoov said:

I was walking into the Bally's yesterday, and I saw this heavy-set, round guy coming toward me, and then realized it was me in a full length mirror.:(

No full length mirrors....EVER! :wave:

MouseMadness

garyhoov said:

Awwwwwwww! :( ( :lol: :lookaroun) Usually, for me, it's pictures. I see old pictures of me and I go "Ewwww, who's the chubby girl with bad hair with my kids?" :eek: But, it is good incentive to put down the cookies. (And keep my highlight appointments!)

I was actually going to dig this thread up today and say that I hoped the reason nobody was replying lately was because we were all so busy working out and eating our veggies! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom