Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

barnum42

I've hit the 200lb barrier. Will worry more about it after my holiday. So I will probably have a few more ponunds to shed after September 18th

speck76

tigsmom said:
Make your beverage of choice water with a twist of lemon or lime. :animwink:

Captain Morgan needs to come out with Diet Spiced Rum :D

I don't drink much soda anymore, except when I am at the bar....most other times it is water.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
There is just something about the term Diet Captain Morgan that sounds gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

What the low-carb world really needs is low-carb fast food. Yeah, you can get a burger without a bun at any drive through, but it is not to easy to eat on the road as its bunnified counterpart.

Hey, new word - Bunnified. Seems like it should be on the "Making out on Rides" thread.

'yeah, like me and Jessica was on Splash Mountain, and we got all like Bunnified. . .'

tigsmom

speck76 said:
Captain Morgan needs to come out with Diet Spiced Rum :D

I don't drink much soda anymore, except when I am at the bar....most other times it is water.

The secret is to put the good Captain in some Diet COKE or maybe some Diet Pepsi Vanilla. :D

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Here's the list I've got:

Barnum42
Cherrynegra
Darthdarrel
Figmentmom
Garyhoov
ILUVTHEMOUSE
JBSLJames
Lil'mermaid
Merhearted
Mousemadness
Speck76
Tigsmom
TravisM
WDWFREAK53

I think I'll make a cut-off of Augst 20 since anyone who's not signed up by then can't be really serious about long term weight loss. See if anyone else is interested between now and then. I'm also thinking that since everyone seems so crazy about these reputation points, I'll give them to anyone who follows through (along with the donation). Maybe that will get more people interested.

tigsmom

speck76 said:
:lookaroun

:rolleyes:

:lookaroun

Since I have permission...

:rolleyes: ( :rolleyes: is a ® trademark of the darthdarrel corporation)

And since its still the DIET thread, I had a very nice Chicken BLT Salad at Wendy's & a Diet COKE. Now, what to have for dinner? :confused:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I just can't break through the 200 lb barrier (see chart below). I've got to get drastic this week.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to be where I want on October 1st, but there's no getting around it now, so I'm posting no matter what.

I'll probably keep going beyond that, so here's my proposal: On October 1st, everyone who is on the list posts their photo, I write out a check and send it in, and then we start a new round.

I'll then offer the same $10 per person for everyone who did it on October 1st and does it again on Feb 1st 2005. For anyone new who wants to get in, I'll donate $5 (up to $500 total). If anyone chickens out on October 1st, but does it on Feb. 1st, I'll donate the same $5 I would for anyone else who does it on Feb. 1st.

So, for example: If 10 people post on October 1st, I'll write out a check for $100 to the Make a Wish Foundation and send it in.

If 8 of those 10 then post again on Feb. 1st, and 2 people who chickened out on Oct. 1st post on Feb. 1st, and 15 new people post on Feb. 1st, I'll write a new check for: $80 + $10 + $75 = $165

Got it? How's that sound?

Attachments

• august 18.jpg
    august 18.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 23

barnum42

I know what you mean about the 200lb mark I've been stalled there for a few weeks now.

Still, I should shift away from it in two weeks three days time. But in the wrong direction when I am in Disney :D

tigsmom

barnum42 said:
I know what you mean about the 200lb mark I've been stalled there for a few weeks now.

Still, I should shift away from it in two weeks three days time. But in the wrong direction when I am in Disney :D

Its odd, but I always lose weight at WDW. I eat more than I usually do, but I'm walking constantly (or swimming...which I don't do at home).

The only progress I've made is backwards. Gained back about 6 pounds.
Had hope to do well, but I'm only down 10 pounds. :(
Haven't really exercised at all. I'll post my pic, I won't like it (cause I never do...hate having my pics taken), but I'll do it for the kids. *sigh*

Good dinner....grilled lemom-basil salmon, asparagus & rice pilaf (just 1/2 cup).
Add a 1/2 glass of wine (cause I don't really drink) and it was perfect. :slurp:
And no Kids! :D

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
tigsmom said:
Its odd, but I always lose weight at WDW. I eat more than I usually do, but I'm walking constantly (or swimming...which I don't do at home).

The only progress I've made is backwards. Gained back about 6 pounds.
Had hope to do well, but I'm only down 10 pounds. :(
Haven't really exercised at all. I'll post my pic, I won't like it (cause I never do...hate having my pics taken), but I'll do it for the kids. *sigh*

Good dinner....grilled lemom-basil salmon, asparagus & rice pilaf (just 1/2 cup).
Add a 1/2 glass of wine (cause I don't really drink) and it was perfect. :slurp:
And no Kids! :D
Don't get discouraged! I think keeping that motivation over the long-term is the toughest part of any diet or work-out.

It's easy to go extreme for a week or two, but it's the day after day long term commitment that is hard and will pay off.

You've still got a month and a half to make some progress by October, but now you can say: "Just wait until February" When you post it.

That's what I'm going to do.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Count me in for both. I too won't be where I wanted on October 1st (okay, there is still some hope) but I plan on sticking with this until I reach my ultimate goal and then go on a modified version that I can live the rest of my life with. So Oreos, be damned, I will not fall victim to your clutch again.

That being said, anybody try out the 2004 Tae-Bo yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom