Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

Had dinner last night at Legal Seafood (eating more fish cause my DH just got a trigylceride count of 564!). They now offer a Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse (the Equal recipe)...yummy.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Not a bad weekend all told. Strayed off the diet at times but threw in enough activity to maintain the weight I was at last week. Did the waterpark yesterday, got some sun and some strawberries.

Yummy.

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Anybody see the old exercise videos of Jack Lalane on ESPN Classic. I saw it Tuesday for the first time and didn't know if I should laugh or cry, ended up doing both, but the tears were from the laughing.

Good times, good times.

tigsmom

JBSLJames said:
Anybody see the old exercise videos of Jack Lalane on ESPN Classic. I saw it Tuesday for the first time and didn't know if I should laugh or cry, ended up doing both, but the tears were from the laughing.

Good times, good times.

I saw them too! I remember watching those on TV during the 60's. :wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
How's everyone doing? Less than three months until October 1st. Enough time to lose some weight, but not enough to put it off another day.

I made a little upswing the past few days, so I've got to crack down to make sure my average for the week doesn't go too high.

tigsmom

garyhoov said:
How's everyone doing? Less than three months until October 1st. Enough time to lose some weight, but not enough to put it off another day.

I made a little upswing the past few days, so I've got to crack down to make sure my average for the week doesn't go too high.

I'm playing with the same five pounds...up & down.

I'm up to a mile & a half on the strider...feeling good, but not skinny.

speck76

tigsmom said:
I'm playing with the same five pounds...up & down.

I'm up to a mile & a half on the strider...feeling good, but not skinny.

Feeling good is much more important that being skinny....!

speck76

tigsmom said:
Spoken like a true man. :rolleyes:

Oh puhlease! :rolleyes:

I would much rather always "feel good" and whatnot than be skinny. I can honestly say I have been skinny longer in my life than I have felt good (and whatnot)

MouseMadness

I just found an article in Muscle and Fitness that claims cheating is GOOD FOR YOUR DIET!! :eek: As soon as Leah is no longer falling asleep on my arm (making my arm fall asleep!) I'll get it and copy it in here. :) I think it will help aleviate (sp?) those feelings of guilt people are having after the 4th of July weekend. :lol:

JBSLJames

Original Poster
MouseMadness said:
It claims cheating is GOOD FOR YOUR DIET!! :eek: I'll get it and copy it in here.

Oooohhhh. Can't wait. So, is there a similar article in Playboy about Marriage. . . :lol: :lookaroun

MouseMadness

Okay, here we go:

Myth of the Month: Cheating ruins your physique

By Chris Aceto

The truth: Cheating- eating many more calories than you normally do one day a week- can actually prevent your metabolism from dropping. It's the great paradox of dieting. When calories decline, levels of thyroid hormone, a major calorie-burner, also dip, as does leptin and hormone-sensitive lipase, an enzyme that helps banish bodyfat. Besides metabolism, there's muscle to consider; IGF-I, a hormone that supports muscle growth, retention and repair, also declines with prolonged dieting.

What to do: Every seven to ten days in a leaning out diet, double your carbohydrate consumption for one day. The sudden boost reverses the decline in metabolism while driving IGF-I levels back to normal, if not a little higher. This not only prevents "sticking points" in dieting, but ensures you'll maintain your muscle mass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom