Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

I meant relaxation exercise maybe some stretching, hypnosis...that sort of thing. I can't sleep on an empty stomach, so I need a small snack about an hour before bed.

speck76

I have tried yoga, oriental medicine (I have a thing for asians:D ), soft music, noise machines, and countless other things.

MouseMadness

Erm, not to get you guys, off topic or whatever, but does anybody have quick access to a carb content list? I am specifically looking for bing cherries. I can't stop eating them!! (Better than chocolate chip cookies, anyway.)

MerHearted

Originally posted by MouseMadness
Erm, not to get you guys, off topic or whatever, but does anybody have quick access to a carb content list? I am specifically looking for bing cherries. I can't stop eating them!! (Better than chocolate chip cookies, anyway.)

Bing cherries... *giggles* :lol:

speck76

Low-carb Fruits
Even fruits that are relatively low in carbohydrates call forth insulin to handle the sugars they contain. Since one of the goals of low-carb eading is to require as little insulin as posssible, fruit should be considered a special treat, reserved for days on which your carbohydrate intake is especially low. Fruit juices are always too high in sugars to fit with a low carbohydrate way of eating. The following fruits contain fewer than 10 grams of carbohydrate in a half-cup serving, except where a different quantity is noted.

Apple (sliced)
Apricot (4 oz.)
Blackberry
Blueberry
Boysenberry
Cantaloupe
Cherry (sour, sweet, 10 medium)

MouseMadness

Looks like I'm okay, then!! :sohappy: I have a pretty good metabolism, so I can handle a bit more carbs than a lot of people and still keep myself in ketosis. Yay for bing cherries! :lookaroun

Shaddap, vince! :lol: :p

tigsmom

My book say 1 cup = 24 Gms of carbs.

Watch the fruit its all sugar (natural), but its better than juice.
Everything in moderation.

tigsmom

Originally posted by barnum42
I was told by an Atkins person that strawberries were particularly low carb. What's the opinion on that?

10 carbs/ cup. Sprinkled with some Splenda on low carb ice cream..:slurp:

JBSLJames

Original Poster
Yep, I've read that two of the biggest fruits to avoid on a low carb plan are pineapples and bannannas.

Blue berries are okay as well.

tigsmom

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Yep, I've read that two of the biggest fruits to avoid on a low carb plan are pineapples and bannannas.

Blue berries are okay as well.

banana, 1 medium = 27 carbs...I'm allowed 30 for a meal
pineapples, 1 slice = 11 carbs.

These are 2 of my favorites.

speck76

Originally posted by tigsmom
banana, 1 medium = 27 carbs...I'm allowed 30 for a meal
pineapples, 1 slice = 11 carbs.

These are 2 of my favorites.

Is that NET...I thought pineapples were higher in fiber.

tigsmom

Carb listings have the fiber already deducted from the carb count.

If you use a carb counting book thats the final number. If you are doing the calculation from a food label then subtract the fiber and only half of the sugar alcohols listed. Most companies subtract all the sugar alcohols ( my nutritionist explained that the body can still process some of them & they still affect blood sugars/insulin levels). If you are doing low carb to just lose weight then I guess you could subtract all the sugar alcohols...I really don't know).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom