Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Im still in the fat pig category myself, just not as big. Down 120 since August. Got another 50 or so to go...

That's really cool. What's it like to see that kind of difference? Do you have a lot more energy and find it's a lot easier to do things, or is it not as noticable as we might think?

The other day, I was pulling a case of water bottles out of my trunk. I thought to myself: "That's about 24 pounds . . . I could probably stand to lose twice that."

I couldn't imagine walking around with a case of water bottles on each shoulder all day. . . and forget trying to run.

I'm hoping that if I can lose some weight I'll find it's a lot easier to run.

TwoTigersMom

That's really cool. What's it like to see that kind of difference? Do you have a lot more energy and find it's a lot easier to do things, or is it not as noticable as we might think?

The other day, I was pulling a case of water bottles out of my trunk. I thought to myself: "That's about 24 pounds . . . I could probably stand to lose twice that."

I couldn't imagine walking around with a case of water bottles on each shoulder all day. . . and forget trying to run.

Now I'm wishing I signed on with you guys back in January. Only there's no way in H E double hockey sticks I'd show you guys a pic of me in my bathing suit :eek: :ROFLOL: Wasn't that one of the requirements? As of this morning I've lost 21 lbs since the end of January. :sohappy:

Congrats Paul! That's so AUsome! :sohappy::sohappy: :lookaroun

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Dude its amazing the differences. Imagine walking around with six cases of water. Up and down stares now much easier. More energy, stamina, and bowling is allot more enjoyable...:lookaroun

MouseMadness

Now I'm wishing I signed on with you guys back in January. Only there's no way in H E double hockey sticks I'd show you guys a pic of me in my bathing suit :eek: :ROFLOL: Wasn't that one of the requirements? As of this morning I've lost 21 lbs since the end of January. :sohappy:

Congrats Paul! That's so AUsome! :sohappy: :lookaroun

Never been strictly enforced :lol: Usually for the women it was tank tops and shorts :shrug:

We can't seem to keep Gary from stripping down though :brick:

:lol: :lookaroun Kidding Gary!

MouseMadness

Dude its amazing the differences. Imagine walking around with six cases of water. Up and down stares now much easier. More energy, stamina, and bowling is allot more enjoyable...:lookaroun

I can't imagine what an impact this has made for you! :sohappy: I've already had it with my little ol' 14 pounds :mad: :lol: Already feel out of breath :dazzle:

figmentmom

Congrats Paul! That's so AUsome! :sohappy::sohappy: :lookaroun

No, no, no!!! Bathing suit photos are strictly optional (otherwise NOBODY would post in here!)

MKCP 1985

How many days left? Holy moley!

If I were to post a swimsuit photo, it would crash the site! :eek::eek::eek:

but I'll find something to put up. . . probably a running photo. Only my running looks more like "old guy moving slightly." :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Never been strictly enforced :lol: Usually for the women it was tank tops and shorts :shrug:

We can't seem to keep Gary from stripping down though :brick:

:lol: :lookaroun Kidding Gary!

Don't worry. I'll be keeping my shirt on this round.:eek:

It's been rainy here all morning, I'm checking out the weather here to see if I'll be able to run after work.

. . . and here's the really weird part - I'm actually hoping it won't be raining so I can run.:lookaroun

scorp111

I am out of town right now, might be home Thursday, I will see what I can find for a before and after picture.

I am down about 12 pounds since December 1st, (really since Mid-January) but nowhere near where I wanted to be.:shrug:

WildcatDen

I started this new plan in April and the results have been encouraging. The system assigns a Point Value for foods and comes with a handy guide for restaraunts in addition to a sliding scale to figure out the points as long as you know the fiber, calorie, and fat content of the food item. You have a range of points you can eat daily with 'flex' points you can use at your discretion. In addition, you can earn points with exercise.

The name of the system is escaping me right now, but I have lost 22 pounds so far.

tigsmom

I started this new plan in April and the results have been encouraging. The system assigns a Point Value for foods and comes with a handy guide for restaraunts in addition to a sliding scale to figure out the points as long as you know the fiber, calorie, and fat content of the food item. You have a range of points you can eat daily with 'flex' points you can use at your discretion. In addition, you can earn points with exercise.

The name of the system is escaping me right now, but I have lost 22 pounds so far.

So you've converted to WW too? :ROFLOL:

Weight loss is very slow going for me (but with meds and stuff its to be expected). Just wish I could have some consistent loss, every medication adjustment sends me back to square one. :fork:

WildcatDen

:wave:Hey Mad.

Yep, I am a WW Devotee, except we are not attending meetings. It works well, since it is something my wife and I can do together. We have both seen positive results. We both hit a milestone birthday next year and have specific goals for weight loss. I can sympathize with the meds issue. It is rather discouraging when it seems like the deck is always stacked against you.

Keep the faith.

Judd

MKCP 1985

Hi Judd :wave:

well, looking back to the time when I said I'd join in for this round, I have to say that I've lost no more than 5 pounds and I don't look any different than I did in my last photo. :shrug:

I hate to cost Gary any money for what amounts to status quo, so I'm going to pass on posting a photo for this round.

Congrats to our dedicated dieters! :king: 22 pounds since April is great!

tigsmom

:wave:Hey Mad.

Yep, I am a WW Devotee, except we are not attending meetings. It works well, since it is something my wife and I can do together. We have both seen positive results. We both hit a milestone birthday next year and have specific goals for weight loss. I can sympathize with the meds issue. It is rather discouraging when it seems like the deck is always stacked against you.

Keep the faith.

Judd

Are you doing the program online or just on your own. I can't get to the meetings here (times are all wrong) and I tried it on my own, but online is working out because you have access to the e tools and all the "goodies" like recipes, points info and the like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom