Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

tigsmom

Paul did have the surgery today and I know he would want me to update for all of you since he is really out of it right now. From what the Dr told me everything went very well- no problems at all. Paul right now is doped up with pain meds and is in and out of sleep. They are going to try and get him up and walking later tonight (at least that's what they said earlier) and tomorrow they are going to do something with him swallowing dye to make sure he has no leaks. (I can just hear the jokes now.... :ROFLOL: )

Anyway, all is well with him so far- he is in pain, but sleeping good.

Wonderful! :sohappy:

scorp111

Paul did have the surgery today and I know he would want me to update for all of you since he is really out of it right now. From what the Dr told me everything went very well- no problems at all. Paul right now is doped up with pain meds and is in and out of sleep. They are going to try and get him up and walking later tonight (at least that's what they said earlier) and tomorrow they are going to do something with him swallowing dye to make sure he has no leaks. (I can just hear the jokes now.... :ROFLOL: )

Anyway, all is well with him so far- he is in pain, but sleeping good.

Good to hear!

I was actually down 1.5 lbs today, so maybe I didn't gain the full 3....

Either way, I am serious again now!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Update time from my camp - down 17 pounds, and 3-4 inches off the waist. Another 8 to go and I'm set!

I need a TON of new clothes now....good thing I got a lot for my birthday...everyone knew i needed them.

tigsmom

Update time from my camp - down 17 pounds, and 3-4 inches off the waist. Another 8 to go and I'm set!

I need a TON of new clothes now....good thing I got a lot for my birthday...everyone knew i needed them.

:sohappy::sohappy:

congratulations! Don't give up now :cool:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm down about 20 pounds now....lost 5 inches off my waist...I wanted to be at 15 when I left for WDW next week, so I'm ahead of schedule. I'm hoping the miles of walking a day you can do there will help me burn calories too.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm down about 20 pounds now....lost 5 inches off my waist...I wanted to be at 15 when I left for WDW next week, so I'm ahead of schedule. I'm hoping the miles of walking a day you can do there will help me burn calories too.

:sohappy:

I've only got a little over a month until my Disney trip, so I've got to get serious.

Aurora_25

How is he feeling? (And how are the rest of you doing - has it affected the way the rest of the family eats?)
He's feeling great- has been traveling the past 2 weeks and hasn't had any problems with what to eat- he just eats alot less than he used to. As for how it affects us eating, it really doesn't- I just make something for all of us and Paul eats a small portion or he makes something else if he isn't sure about what I am making and how it will settle in his stomach. So far he hasn't had many problems at all and the weight is coming off big time. He is hoping to be able to ride Everest this year (we are going in October) since he couldn't ride it before because of how big he was. :D

figmentmom

He's feeling great- has been traveling the past 2 weeks and hasn't had any problems with what to eat- he just eats alot less than he used to. As for how it affects us eating, it really doesn't- I just make something for all of us and Paul eats a small portion or he makes something else if he isn't sure about what I am making and how it will settle in his stomach. So far he hasn't had many problems at all and the weight is coming off big time. He is hoping to be able to ride Everest this year (we are going in October) since he couldn't ride it before because of how big he was. :D

Excellent news! Keep us posted. I teach with a woman who had the same surgery 13 months ago. She has lost well over a hundred pounds, and looks and feels like a completely different woman.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Excellent news! Keep us posted. I teach with a woman who had the same surgery 13 months ago. She has lost well over a hundred pounds, and looks and feels like a completely different woman.

Ive lost about 25% of what I want to lose, but the changes in the way I feel are tremendous. As long as I am taking my nutritional supplements, I have more energy than I did before. I have completely kicked soda and dring water 99% of the time. Ive only had about 1/4 of a glass of iced tea since August 8. I have had only one minor headache since the surgery and I had them minimal twice a week before. Ive already noticed my knees not grinding as much when I walk upstaires. I have spent the majority of the afternoon "downsizing" my closet.

I go into the doctor Monday for him to check my last incision which is about 90% healed, so Im hoping thats the last trip for a few months.

All in all, Im very glad I did it and would do it all over again if I needed to.

tigsmom

Ive lost about 25% of what I want to lose, but the changes in the way I feel are tremendous. As long as I am taking my nutritional supplements, I have more energy than I did before. I have completely kicked soda and dring water 99% of the time. Ive only had about 1/4 of a glass of iced tea since August 8. I have had only one minor headache since the surgery and I had them minimal twice a week before. Ive already noticed my knees not grinding as much when I walk upstaires. I have spent the majority of the afternoon "downsizing" my closet.

I go into the doctor Monday for him to check my last incision which is about 90% healed, so Im hoping thats the last trip for a few months.

All in all, Im very glad I did it and would do it all over again if I needed to.

Way to go Paul! :sohappy: Keep up the good work! :king:

MouseMadness

:sohappy: Congrats!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thanks for all the kind words and support everyone. Dr. appointment went well and he doesnt want to see me again until November. He also said that he wants to have me do another sleep study in six months and anticipates they will find that my sleep apnea is resolved. :sohappy:

Aurora_25

Thanks for all the kind words and support everyone. Dr. appointment went well and he doesnt want to see me again until November. He also said that he wants to have me do another sleep study in six months and anticipates they will find that my sleep apnea is resolved. :sohappy:

:sohappy::sohappy: So maybe no more breathing machine?? That would be fantastic!!! :sohappy::sohappy::D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom