Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
:ROFLOL: Alright wiseguy :p

Yes, I'll be in. :lol: That's the short answer. :lol:

I spent all night trying to think of a photo to out pimp Doug. :lookaroun

If only I owned a fedora with a feather.

*taps foot*

*looks at watch*

*in Ted Knight from Caddyshack voice*:

Well, we're waiting.

:lol:

Seriously, is anyone else going to post, or should I send the donation in for this round?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Well, one week in. I've been working out with 2 different Pilates DVD's. One focuses on muscle sculpting and the other on fat burning. All in all, I work out between 45 minutes - 2 hours each day, depending on schedule. I've also been eating the best I've ever been about my diet, cutting out soda entirely and only having 1 cup of coffee every day. My grill has been getting a heavy duty workout, not to mention my body. The wife has even jumped into the program since she's seen my dedication, and has commented that my abs are starting to look better already.

So...all in all...one week in, and I'm down 5 pounds. Not a bad start.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Well, one week in. I've been working out with 2 different Pilates DVD's. One focuses on muscle sculpting and the other on fat burning. All in all, I work out between 45 minutes - 2 hours each day, depending on schedule. I've also been eating the best I've ever been about my diet, cutting out soda entirely and only having 1 cup of coffee every day. My grill has been getting a heavy duty workout, not to mention my body. The wife has even jumped into the program since she's seen my dedication, and has commented that my abs are starting to look better already.

So...all in all...one week in, and I'm down 5 pounds. Not a bad start.

Good start! Now keeping it up is the hardest part.

Be careful too that you don't over-do it. When you're starting something, it's easy to get gung-ho and go all out, but you have to find a balance between getting a good work-out and not going so far that after a few weeks you dread doing it.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I've been doing pretty well so far on my march to Dec. 1st. No real measurable progress yet, but I've been eating better, so I should start to see results soon.

Since Christy ASSURES us that a photo is on the way,:lookaroun I'm going to send a $50 donation in for this round, and then she can just owe us a photo.:drevil:

I made her name the ugliest color available until she posts.:lookaroun

That will bring us up to $290 since we started.:sohappy:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Throw me in for December. What's the details on the $$$?

:sohappy:

Same as before (I think you did this at least once before, didn't you:veryconfu ), for everyone who posts a photo in Dec, I'll donate $10 to the Make-a-Wish foundation. So far, counting all the different times we've done it, we've sent them $290 - I'm currently trying to see if they can set us up as a special fund so that we can keep a running total and maybe other people can donate (like maybe Christy could send something to cover her guilt for taking so long to post a photo:lookaroun ).

I got an e-mail response that said they could set something up, but I need to try to call when I get a chance (I'm hoping they can add previous donations in so we can have everything and it looks more impressive).

Also, in a fit of guilt for chickening out this time, I pledged that I will put $100 in for myself if I chicken out in Dec.:lookaroun

SpongeScott

:sohappy:

Same as before (I think you did this at least once before, didn't you:veryconfu ), for everyone who posts a photo in Dec, I'll donate $10 to the Make-a-Wish foundation. So far, counting all the different times we've done it, we've sent them $290 - I'm currently trying to see if they can set us up as a special fund so that we can keep a running total and maybe other people can donate (like maybe Christy could send something to cover her guilt for taking so long to post a photo:lookaroun ).

I got an e-mail response that said they could set something up, but I need to try to call when I get a chance (I'm hoping they can add previous donations in so we can have everything and it looks more impressive).

Also, in a fit of guilt for chickening out this time, I pledged that I will put $100 in for myself if I chicken out in Dec.:lookaroun
So, all I have to do is post a photo in December and tell how much weight I've lost?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
So, all I have to do is post a photo in December and tell how much weight I've lost?

You don't even have to tell how much weight you lost. The photo is enough. The idea is that if you know you'll have to post a photo in December, you will work now to make sure you don't look too much like Jabba the Hut (which I happen to at this moment).

If you really want to give yourself some motivation, promise right now that you'll post a bathing suit photo . . . and then for BONUS motivation, promise that if you don't lose as much as you plan it will be a Speedo.:lookaroun

popsicletrees

I'm in for December too. Sure it is vanity weight, but I will lose those 8 lbs! Plus, I work out a ton but I need to develop healthier eating habits. This will help me stay on track.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm in for December too. Sure it is vanity weight, but I will lose those 8 lbs! Plus, I work out a ton but I need to develop healthier eating habits. This will help me stay on track.

:sohappy: I just updated my sig. I talked to the Make-a-wish foundation, and they said that they set up a fund: "In honor of WDW Magic". They said that if I put that reference on future donations they can credit them to that fund. I'm not sure if I can put the old donations on that, but I'll see if I can do that when I get confirmation of the fund.

I'm also not sure if I can easily get a running total. They seem to want to keep things confidential, so they say that donations will be acknowledged but without values. I know I've donated $290 so far, so I can at least keep track, but I'll see if I can get something more formal from them. Maybe when we've sent a little more money I'll have enough clout.

scorp111

Thread revival time!

Well, I am now back down to my lowest weight in at least 5 or 6 years. I gained three pounds in April and have had a tough time shaking them!:)

Still want to lost another 32 or so this year.

I do weigh less than Scott:lol: but I think he is taller. (I am only 6'2)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Thread revival time!

Well, I am now back down to my lowest weight in at least 5 or 6 years. I gained three pounds in April and have had a tough time shaking them!:)

:sohappy: :sohappy:

popsicletrees

Thread revival time!

That is awesome! Three lbs, eh, it's just water weight.

MouseMadness

:lookaroun :eek:

Okay, so can I kill two birds with one stone?

:lookaroun

(no, no killing of birds... figuratively speaking of course)

Me and one of our new pets :ROFLOL: (What... I'm only a month late :shrug: :eek: )

Attachments

• me&chicken.jpg
    me&chicken.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 10

MerHearted

:lookaroun :eek:

Okay, so can I kill two birds with one stone?

(no, no killing of birds... figuratively speaking of course)

Me and one of our new pets :ROFLOL: (What... I'm only a month late :shrug: :eek: )

Did you eat it after the pic was taken? :lookaroun

WildcatDen

Just joined a new fitness place, Ideal Fitness. Real good deal, $19.95 a month. Program is month to month with no contracts. 19.95 is good for as long as you are a 'member'. I plan on trying to go in the mornings before work. Will take some adjustments to the sleep schedule.

Always nice to have a goal and this year we have two. A family reunion in late July and Disney in November. Good thing I only want to lose 40 to 50 pounds or so :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom