Dr. Judd's Diet Talk

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Of course, I had to go weigh since you did.

Down 2.6 lbs since last Friday, 21.4 since Jan 2nd.:sohappy:

Tomorrow I will be seeing some colleagues that I haven't seen in two months. I think someone will comment, but it will probably be a female.

I don't think guys comment on another guys weight very often.:shrug:

:sohappy:

2 more pounds for me :eek:

:sohappy:

Up half a pound :lol: :shrug: No biggie... the way I've eaten over the past week, I deserve to be up about 5 pounds. :eek:

*awkward silence*:lookaroun

:lol:

Mine's down a little, but nothing dramatic. At least I'm going in the right direction.

LuLaSue

Question

Hope I am not an intruder here but I do have a question? I am also looking to loose a few pounds. Through the years I havehad trouble remembering what is healthy way of dieting and what is not. Now, older and wiser I do keep it healthy. With this said my question is about FLAX OIL. I have read that not only does it act as an anti-inflamatory, and cancer fighter,but also allows the body to stay regular and acts as a good diet aide. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on FLAX.

MouseMadness

*awkward silence*:lookaroun

:lol:

Mine's down a little, but nothing dramatic. At least I'm going in the right direction.
:ROFLOL: :p
Hope I am not an intruder here but I do have a question? I am also looking to loose a few pounds. Through the years I havehad trouble remembering what is healthy way of dieting and what is not. Now, older and wiser I do keep it healthy. With this said my question is about FLAX OIL. I have read that not only does it act as an anti-inflamatory, and cancer fighter,but also allows the body to stay regular and acts as a good diet aide. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on FLAX.

I've only heard good things about benefits of flax, and no downsides, but I am going to check to see what Dr. Weil says :lol: :lookaroun

http://206.188.28.100/search?access..._collection&q=flax&ip=152.163.100.72&filter=p

Wow!! Too much to cite one thing, so there's the search I ran :lol:

tigsmom

I will do the same for now on, thanks again!

Been out all day so I missed you earlier. Flax is so good for you in so many ways, but you may want to opt for the ground seeds instead of the oil. While the oil has many benefits the seed is where the protein & fiber are. If you want you can add the ground seed to your food or if you would rather use metamucil (super fine ground seeds). Flax oil is good for dressing salads, but cannot be used for cooking as that destroys all the health benefits.
Best scenario of all, use both the oil and seeds. :wave:

LuLaSue

Best scenario of all, use both the oil and seeds. :wave:[/quote]

That is exactly what I have been doing:D Tablespoon of Oil in the morning and the seeds on my salad at lunch.

Thanks again!

Tim G

Well... I'm officially declared Diabetic now... :mad:

But now what...

The things I love the most, are not allowed anymore...
Grapes, :slurp: bananas, :slurp: chocolate,:slurp: only one glas of milk a week, :( no strawberries :slurp: anymore... f course no sugar... and actully not too much sweetener..

They say it's got something to do with my weight...
Can't stand lettuce... but it's healthy, they say... :confused:

I might as well sit down and eat my whole grain bread with a glass of water...
As it looks to me now it's the only thing I'm allowed to eat and drink... :lookaroun

So any ideas??? I ran out of them... :shrug:

tigsmom

But now what...

Grapes, bananas, chocolate, only one glas of milk a week, :( no strawberries :slurp: anymore... f course no sugar... and actully not too much sweetener..

As it looks to me now it's the only thing I'm allowed to eat and drink... :lookaroun

Corrus, have you seen the nutritionist? If not you need to see one as soon as possible to understand your options. Everything you have listed is allowed on a diabetic diet, even sugar! Are you seeing an endocrinologist or a family physician? What is your carb allowance for the day?

Strawberries are very healthy and 1 cup has only 10.5 gms of carbs and 3.9 grams of fiber...so subtract the fiber from the carbs and you come up with just 6.6 grams of carbs from 1 cup of fresh strawberries.

I was taken off of all fruit in the beginning, but was allowed to add them back as my sugars came down and I lost weight (of course, I have since gained it all back, but thats another story. :lookaroun ) Get yourself a good carb counter, a nice pocket version to travel with you. There are many on line to use also.

((HUGS)) I promise you, it gets easier with time and when you lose weight you will not only feel better, but get some more food to eat. :D

MouseMadness

But now what...

Grapes, :slurp: bananas, :slurp: chocolate,:slurp: only one glas of milk a week, :( no strawberries :slurp: anymore... f course no sugar... and actully not too much sweetener..

So that would be the type 2, yes?

Isn't that reversible once the weight is off and the diet is healthy?

OOH! just found this while looking around... good info here, Corrus!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/type-2-diabetes/DS00585/DSECTION=8

Good luck :wave:

tigsmom

MouseMadness

Been out all day so I missed you earlier. Flax is so good for you in so many ways, but you may want to opt for the ground seeds instead of the oil. While the oil has many benefits the seed is where the protein & fiber are. If you want you can add the ground seed to your food or if you would rather use metamucil (super fine ground seeds). Flax oil is good for dressing salads, but cannot be used for cooking as that destroys all the health benefits. Best scenario of all, use both the oil and seeds. :wave:

Meant to post yesterday... I've started keeping any nuts/seeds and good oils in the fridge to keep them from going rancid so quickly. It doesn't take long on the shelf :brick: and I can't afford to replace them that often, as expensive as they can be! :eek: :lol:

Hello all! I'm sorry if a similar question like this has already been asked but I didn't want to go through the 63 pages of this thread:lol:

What is the best way for me to lose about 10 lbs in a short pd. of time? I hate it when people say that it'll take 6 mo. to lose 10 pounds! I just want to get in shape & bathing suit ready for my upcoming WDW trip in April.

About my body shape:
I'm almost 5'4 or exactly 5'4 & weigh anywhere from 121-125 lbs. A year ago I was 110-115 so I don't know how I gained that much weight in a short amount of time. My goal weight is 112 or 113. My biggest areas of fat is stomach and legs.

Any suggestions?... Oh, I HATE running... That's the worst thing ever for me, lol. I have an ab lounge but that doesn't seem to do anything since my abs are kinda covered.

Thanks guys!:D

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hello all! I'm sorry if a similar question like this has already been asked but I didn't want to go through the 63 pages of this thread:lol:

What is the best way for me to lose about 10 lbs in a short pd. of time? I hate it when people say that it'll take 6 mo. to lose 10 pounds! I just want to get in shape & bathing suit ready for my upcoming WDW trip in April.

About my body shape:
I'm almost 5'4 or exactly 5'4 & weigh anywhere from 121-125 lbs. A year ago I was 110-115 so I don't know how I gained that much weight in a short amount of time. My goal weight is 112 or 113. My biggest areas of fat is stomach and legs.

Any suggestions?... Oh, I HATE running... That's the worst thing ever for me, lol. I have an ab lounge but that doesn't seem to do anything since my abs are kinda covered.

The short version is burn more calories than you take in. Could be done a number of ways. High protien low carb with walking at least 20 minutes three times a week is one. It could take you 6 months to do it however, you dont have alot to lose, so it comes off slower.

Have a nice trip.

maggiegrace1

About my body shape:

*Gives you a cheesecake and some Donuts*
:lookaroun

Just kidding....:lol:

Try cutting out sodas if you do drink them..I lost a good amount that way...also watch carbs and sweets...

Also add in some walking or maybe some aerobics classes...

Like Paul said..because you do not have a lot to lose it will go slower...Good luck...:wave:

tigsmom

About my body shape:

Which is perfect for your size...the upper range is 130. Sorry, I can't help you. :wave:

MouseMadness

I'd say to do some weight training, if you don't like cardio.

Build some muscle, increases metabolism, makes keeping up with a bit of excess calorie consumption here and there oh so much easier. (And it's healthier than trying to starve yourself down to what number you see as "ideal" on the scale)

Did you just start college or something? Sounds like that infamous "Freshman fifteen":lol: While I'd by no means say you have a weight problem, be sure you are eating healthy and taking care of yourself :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom