Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

djlaosc

You will get some tomorrow, but not all vendors. Some are still be finalized, some want to be announced more on their own timetable as their opening gets nearer.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to get a full list of vendors (they will probably still be finding some up to near opening), but I'm hoping for more than 1-5 - we really need a good amount of vendors announced (20? 30? I don't actually know how many new stores there will be - we can hope for more than 50% to be announced, but not actually expect it...)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I wasn't expecting to get a full list of vendors (they will probably still be finding some up to near opening), but I'm hoping for more than 1-5 - we really need a good amount of vendors announced (20? 30? I don't actually know how many new stores there will be - we can hope for more than 50% to be announced, but not actually expect it...)
I understand that some vendors wish to announce things closer to their opening, so we may not hear about some of them, even though they are actually signed up.

71jason

Crossroads wasn't very nice, or huge. Downtown Disney on the other hand - will be. That is why a lot of people are excited about it.

It wasn't Millenia--nothing in central Florida was--but it was actually pretty nice at the time Disney sold it. Jungle Jim's was still a respectable local chain (sigh, RIP Jimmy), and that TGI Fridays was one of the new flagships/model stores for the company when it opened.

Malls are like nightclubs, they have a limited shelf life and need regular refreshing. What's hot today will be passe in 3 years.

ajt5027

So another site has some leaked concept art...I'm not going to post the site, wouldn't be fair to WDWmagic but its out there.

I feel this whole Disney Springs concept is reminiscent of the plans they had for the Burbank Disney-MGM Studios Backlot back in the late 80's. Shopping/entertainment with a water-centric theme.

djkidkaz

So another site has some leaked concept art...I'm not going to post the site, wouldn't be fair to WDWmagic but its out there.

I feel this whole Disney Springs concept is reminiscent of the plans they had for the Burbank Disney-MGM Studios Backlot back in the late 80's. Shopping/entertainment with a water-centric theme.

I love how that site complains and whines about wdwmagic apparently stealing their artwork and stories without crediting them and then they post on their twitter feed about the story Steve broke in regards to the plans being announced today without crediting him as the source.

Pot, meet kettle.

openendedsky

I love how that site complains and whines about wdwmagic apparently stealing their artwork and stories without crediting them and then they post on their twitter feed about the story Steve broke in regards to the plans being announced today without crediting him as the source.

Pot, meet kettle.
Homeskillet's a piece of work.

If memory serves me correct the Cheesecake Factory operated a cafe in Disney Quest - don't know if they still do though...
Yes, they did, and not anymore. Or at least, a miniature cafe esque version of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom